What Books Have You Recently Purchased?

2vvw3gh.jpg

American Sign Language Phrase Book by Lou Fant and Barbara Bernstein Fant

I've had that one since my son was a toddler. I had to take it in and have the cover repaired last year because it was falling off from use!

Am currently reading "Confessions of Nat Turner" by William Styron. An older book (think it was published in 1965) but still a great one.

BTW: just purchased a Kindle about 2 weeks ago, and am doing my purchases through Amazon. I love, love, love the Kindle.

i cant buy books cuz i have no money. but i go to the library with mom(KristinaB) every week. yesterday i got: "Blood Ninja", "Hold me Closer, Necromancer", "The Boneshaker", "Way of Shadows", "The Gates", "The Outstretched Shadow", "The Dark Volume", "Daemon Hall", and "The Bartimaeus Trilogy: Ptolemy's Gate". ive finished the first three, and im about a 4th of the way thru the outstretched shadow. They should be all done by next tuesday-wednesday, unless one sucks. if it does, i dont read it. anyone think i read a lil too much?

Heck, no! I don't think it is possible to read to much. From one bookworm to another.:giggle:

Well it's not the last book I bought, but the most readed in the last two year!

Stillness speaks by Eckhart Tolle

A collection of 200 concise and beautifully illuminating entries, arranged into twelve reflective themes ... When we are no longer limited by our thinking mind, suffering and pain disappear and we are able to move towards a new understanding of our relationships, of nature and of the profound wisdom that is to be found in stillness.

God I love this book, I read it almost every day!
It have saved my life, finally I could manage to find happiness from myself and trusting my own nature.

(intro, quotes, reviews)
Stillness Speaks - Eckhart Tolle: Quotes, Reviews

mzl.tyatzloz.320x480-75.jpg

learntosignthefunway.jpg

Hopefully for fun with granddaughters.

Cool! I'm not familiar with that sign book. I just purchased Origami Toys that Spin, Jump and Fly For my great neice's Easter basket. She enjoys doing crafts with me.

Oh yeah I remember seeing the movie Charley (based on Flowers for Algernon) and then reading the Flowers for Algernon.

Oh yeah I remember seeing the movie Charley (based on Flowers for Algernon) and then reading the Flowers for Algernon.

You'd really like, I think, Minds of Billy Milligan by the same guy. He wrote it while he was an English professor at Ohio University, and is the true story of the first person ever to be found not guilty by reason of insanity based on dissociative identity disorder. Occurred in the 70's, all happened within several miles of where I live. Billy Milligan was eventually found to have 24 different personalities, and is still in a secure forensic hospital here in Ohio.

I didn't purchase the book, but it was given to me by a friend - "Praying for Your Children". It's a small book. I'll likely end up reading it in one sitting.

For Fun (later...):

24472839.jpg

For Research Purposes: I Am Attempting To Write A Novel.

44171043.JPG

13000335.jpg

T-4 about a deaf girl's experience during the holocaust.

USA by Rail 7th (Bradt Travel Guide USA by Rail) - John Pitt

All Aboard: The Complete North American Train Travel Guide - Jim Loomis

The Making of Memento by James Mottram

I recently purchased "The Making of Memento" by James Mottram. I've watched this brilliant film quite a few times, so I couldn't resist getting this book.
0571214886.01.LZZZZZZZ.jpg

Back