What book are you currently reading now?

Just finished "The da Vinci Code" by Dan Brown.

Currently reading "I, Elizabeth" by Rosalind Miles

Levonian said:
Kanzi: The Ape at the Brink of the Human Mind, by Sue Savage-Rumbaugh & Roger Levin.

I know this is breaking Kootchie’s rules, but I am pleasantly surprised to hear that you’re a Torey Hayden fan, bbnt. :thumb: I would have thought you were more of a Hustler Magazine and Chilton Manual afficianado. I assume then that you’ve read One Child? Hayden’s my favorite SPED author—I’ve read all of her books, some of them 2 or 3 times.

I have read all the non-fiction books by Torey Hayden except Murphy's boy which I am currently reading. My Favorite is "A Tigers Child" Which I believe was the Sequel to "One Child".

Right—Tiger’s Child is the sequel to One Child. Tiger’s Child picks up a few years after One Child ends, when Hayden is reunited with Sheila at the age of twelve. You might be interested in knowing that Hayden still keeps in touch with Sheila. She’s in her late 30’s now, and is a successful businesswoman (she owns two McDonald’s franchises). Sheila still has psychological scars from her childhood, however.

Levonian said:
Right—Tiger’s Child is the sequel to One Child. Tiger’s Child picks up a few years after One Child ends, when Hayden is reunited with Sheila at the age of twelve. You might be interested in knowing that Hayden still keeps in touch with Sheila. She’s in her late 30’s now, and is a successful businesswoman (she owns two McDonald’s franchises). Sheila still has psychological scars from her childhood, however.

yes, I'm aware of that. Torey also has a forum where she interacts with her fans

Still reading "Sometimes the Magic Works" by Terry Brooks, but bought a new book today, John Hersey's "Hiroshima".

Just finished reading a book called "The Mango Season" by Amulya Malladi. Excellent story :)

~sharlie~

I'm currently reading, and in the middle of ...

Demons and Angels by Dan Brown

Am now reading 2 books alternatively -- one is I have read already a few times over: Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix...the other is a Dean Koontz book, 'The Face'.

I also read 'Tick Tock' by Dean Koontz recently...and Stephen King's 'DreamCatcher' -- all those books read between the first post I posted in here last February to now.

I plan on purchasing new books when I have enough money left over. :P

I am reading "The Biggest Secret" By David Icke. Quite mind-blogging book to read. If you are open-minded, pick it up and read if you want to.. if you aren't, don't bother to pick it up.

And also reading "Fast Food Nation" by well-know journalist, Eric Schlosser whenever I need a break from reading "The Biggest Secret". Again, if you are open-minded, pick it up and read if you want to.. if you aren't, don't bother to pick it up.

Last edited:
Sweet_KJ said:
Just finished "The da Vinci Code" by Dan Brown.

woot .....I already finished off "Angels and Demons", "Deception Point" and "Digital Fortress"

AWESOME! Kicks Tom Clancy's ass when it comes to spies ;)

Waiting on DaVinci Code to come out on paperback since I dont like hardbacks myself.

I just finished with Deaf Artisits in America author b Dr. Sonnrndytshl

It is very fascinated to understand why Deaf people have some creative in their arts. Dr. Sonnrndytshl just resigned from Gallaudet few years ago. I meet her at Deaf Way, she is awesome and friendly lady. I really enjoyed to chat with her. I was skiing with her daughter Beth and son in law Dwight.

Almost with "For Hearing People Only" author by Matthew Moore and Linda Levitan as Dr. Harlan Lane. It is a very good book for the hearing people to read it. I would encourage the hearing people to read it.

I will read half a book "Diana's Boys" author Christopher Andersen. It is so sad book. Wow, it is so impacted me !

I read that book by Torey Hayden (Tiger's Child) I thought it was really good. Right now, I'm reading something called "Northern Lights" and it's really good, slow start but suspense/action builds up.

Rebel said:
I read that book by Torey Hayden (Tiger's Child) I thought it was really good. Right now, I'm reading something called "Northern Lights" and it's really good, slow start but suspense/action builds up.

/me slaps head. It was really me who said that, I just didn't realise I was logged in as Rebel (my bf) whoops!

I cannot believe that I actually forget to mention about this book I am reading.. I often read John Gray's "Men are from Mars, Women are from Venus" book series during soak in hot bathtub.

I love to read educational books or any books that will improve any kind of knowledge or skills. "Knowledge is power" after all.

I just bought a copy of John Grisham's "The King of Torts" after reading his "A Painted House" novel! :thumb:

The office of the public defender is not known as a training ground for bright young litigators. Clay Carter has been there too long and, like most of his colleagues, dreams of a better job in a real firm. When he reluctantly takes the case of a young man charged with a random street killing, he assumes it is just another of the many senseless murders that hit D.C. every week.

As he digs into the background of his client, Clay stumbles on a conspiracy too horrible to believe. He suddenly finds himself in the middle of a complex case against one of the largest pharmaceutical companies in the world, looking at the kind of enormous settlement that would totally change his life—that would make him, almost overnight, the legal profession’s newest king of torts...
http://www.randomhouse.com/features/grisham/catalog/display.pperl?isbn=0440241537

I did finish off King of Torts.....

Not bad but I perfer "A Time to Kill" over the other Grishams...

But I havent had my hands on the non-lawyer Grishams yet......

Back