What book are you currently reading now?

currently i re read 'Climbing Free: My Life in the Vertical World' by lynn hill. she was the first climber ever to make a free ascent in a single day of The Nose on Yosemite's El Cap. she is considered to be one of the best climbers in the world. she truely inspires everyone, especially women.

Seems Dan Brown is popular!!

I am reading Da Vinci Code - Dan Brown

I wish to read Angels & Demons next.

Am currently reading, 'Mutant Messages from Down Under' by Marlo Morgan. Interesting read so far. :)

re reading Harry Potter order of the phoniex to be prepared for the upcoming book's arrival HP and the half blood prince :)

Right now I'm reading the book version of "Million Dollar Baby". I bought the book and the dvd movie in one package today and I saw the movie then started reading the book.

Gnarly, I read Middlesex. Let me know your thoughts on it when done.

Curently am reading The Cloister Walk by Kathleen Norris.

On a similar note, I gave away 600 of my books. I saved about 350. Boy I didn't realize how many I had til I filled up 14 large garbage bags.

Meg said:

Curently am reading The Cloister Walk by Kathleen Norris.

On a similar note, I gave away 600 of my books. I saved about 350. Boy I didn't realize how many I had til I filled up 14 large garbage bags.

whoooa 600 books Now that looks huge compared to my stack of books!

I finished "Million Dollar Baby" and the movie truly did the book justice. The book is actually 6 different stories, all on boxing. The real "Million Dollar Baby" that was used for the movie is the 3rd chapter in the book. Some characters from the stories were inegrated in the movie.

Wish FX Toole can come up with more stories like this. Unfortunately, he died in 2002 at around 75 years old. But I bet that if he was alive and had a chance to see the movie, he would be amazed.

I'm currently reading about Mother's Day by author Tara Taylor Quinn.

And then Second, I will order this book about Mother Father Deaf.

Living Between Sound and Silence
Paul Preston; (1994); 278 pages; soft cover

The term “Mother Father Deaf” refers to the sign language phrase identifying hearing children who have deaf parents (CODAs, or Children Of Deaf Adults).

In this powerful examination based on interviews with 150 hearing adults with deaf parents, Preston presents the personal stories of this diverse group and in the process reveals the unique struggles of living between two cultures—Deaf and Hearing. Rather than attempting to identify dysfunction in such families, Preston allows the individual stories, family histories, childhood memories, and adult perspectives to paint a vivid picture of the experiences of being culturally deaf yet functionally hearing.

Mother father Deaf incorporates research findings from linguistics, anthropology, psychological development, and sociology, making it useful for educators, researchers, rehabilitation counselors, and social workers. This is also an affirming book for any hearing adults with deaf parents as well as a must-read for anyone interested in deaf studies.

Now on a new book...it is about Mother Teresa. Very inspiring!!!

sable: yes it was damn hard to get rid of these books :( but i was running out of space so had to make more room for books in my room! i have boxes of more books in garage but no energy to clean these out after doing my bedroom for 7 hours sunday! ;)

I am halfway through "The Lovely Bones," by Alice Sebold. Very interesting read. :) After this, I will reas her other book, called "Lucky."

Malfoyish said:
I am halfway through "The Lovely Bones," by Alice Sebold. Very interesting read. :) After this, I will reas her other book, called "Lucky."

ooohh yes ive read that and its one of my favorites. Very interesting perspective! Makes you think, doesn t it?

Meg said:

I did enjoy the book! It should be made into a movie. It got all those funny scenes and "sit-on-edge-of-seat" scenes... I couldn't put it down. I am very glad I brought the book. I did recommend it to a friend. It is an ORIGINAL, that's for sure. I doubt there are many books in this subject.
Two courses that I have taken, "Human Sexuality" and "Modern Issues for Gay and Lesbian", did help me understanding the sitatution the character was in. I do understand how her genes happened that way and how she had to deal with it and affect her psychology. I was aware of how the unwanted spotlight by the media and doctors and its consquence in unreversiable trauma the biased doctors caused.

Right now I am reading through "The Great Gatsby." I have seen the 70s movie (with Robert Redford) and I thought it will be nice just to exercise my brain since this is an "easy" book.

My husband recommended me to read the Bible for literacy references. (The final straw he had with my absence of Biblical knowledge was when I had my friend explaining me Jonah and the whale because I saw it in a movie)...
I was taken back by my husband's recommendation and he said: "You DON'T HAVE TO BELIEVE in it to READ it! So you can understand what the hell the people were talking about."
"But it will burn my hands while I hold it!" :X
I did ask around in the circle of theologists for which version I should read and one of 'em said that there is a novel that is based on the Bible but in a narrative form instead of being in verses that may be suitable for me; the title is "The Good Book"
Any comments/ratings on that book?

Back