What are you thinking about?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Found a hotel that costs me $AUD650 for 5 nights in NYC....I'll be considering that but I may change my mind for another one, when I return from my interstate holiday trip.

Wow! $541 American dollars!

I am not really sure. Maybe, outside of the hotel is lousy, but maybe inside the hotel is very nice. The breakfast for 10 dollars is good deal. I think that you could try looking up on BookingBuddy - Cheap Hotels - Compare Discount Hotel Rates . (I looked at the pictures of that hotel on Google Maps and it doesn't look right, but maybe it is not that bad.)

I'll ask my sister about a taxi. I think she told me that a limo is cheaper than a taxi.

I would like to see a good reasonable hotel with a good price and good reviews. I refuse to stay in a cheap -ass hotel or hostel -- they have bad reviews and I do not want to be treated like a stupid bogan, I would like to be treated like a friendly tourist visiting New York... you know, New York City is on my must visit list and it will be absolutely crossed off when I am actually there.

Off subject, why do you want to go there in the freezing winter?
I dont care if it is freezing winter, I can withstand whatever it brings me, but at this time, is the only available time I cam go on annual leave from work and it is on holidays from uni, I can not go in the middle of the year, but I plan to go visit again in July next year (to different states), hopefully.

Most fancy hotels cost maybe 1,000 dollars for about three days.

Yes, I agreed with you about the hotel quality. Of course, I rather to have a good and nice hotel. There are thousands of blocks on the map - one block is a long walk. i.e. 200 ft wide x 700 ft long for each block (approximately size). Your vacation is for five days, and it is hard to catch up your plans on time. I don't know how you will deal with the freezing and windy in the city.

I dont care if it is freezing winter, I can withstand whatever it brings me, but at this time, is the only available time I cam go on annual leave from work and it is on holidays from uni, I can not go in the middle of the year, but I plan to go visit again in July next year (to different states), hopefully.

Oh I see. Okay.

Most fancy hotels cost maybe 1,000 dollars for about three days.

Yes, I agreed with you about the hotel quality. Of course, I rather to have a good and nice hotel. There are thousands of blocks on the map - one block is a long walk. i.e. 200 ft wide x 700 ft long for each block (approximately size). Your vacation is for five days, and it is hard to catch up your plans on time. I don't know how you will deal with the freezing and windy in the city.
I will be wrapped in my comfy coat, beanies and gloves but I am sure the gloves will be on and off while I am chatting with deafies in ASL, LOL. But I have walked a lot when I was in Toyko, Japan 6 months ago, so I can handle the walk, Fitness yes?

5 days will be fine for now, if there is not enough, I will come back, for sure.

I will be wrapped in my comfy coat, beanies and gloves but I am sure the gloves will be on and off while I am chatting with deafies in ASL, LOL. But I have walked a lot when I was in Toyko, Japan 6 months ago, so I can handle the walk, Fitness yes?

5 days will be fine for now, if there is not enough, I will come back, for sure.

Good idea! How will you deal with some of your deaf friends that might walk too slow? :hmm:

I've got all day, and I am sure my eyes and head will be admiring these tall skyscrapers! :P

Then, you might want to watch out the bird drops on your face! Just kidding! I think that you are all set for your plan.

If no luck finding a hotel or no reservation at all, you might want to sleep in a cardboard box along with the bummers behind a building somewhere for free. :eek2::run: Oops, never mind.

I am not really sure. Maybe, outside of the hotel is lousy, but maybe inside the hotel is very nice. The breakfast for 10 dollars is good deal. I think that you could try looking up on BookingBuddy - Cheap Hotels - Compare Discount Hotel Rates . (I looked at the pictures of that hotel on Google Maps and it doesn't look right, but maybe it is not that bad.)

I'll ask my sister about a taxi. I think she told me that a limo is cheaper than a taxi.

limo? taxi? nonsense! take subway - MTA - $8.25 unlimited ride for all-day or $27 unlimited ride for 7-days :cool2:

i've never taken taxi in NYC for several years

Then, you might want to watch out the bird drops on your face! Just kidding! I think that you are all set for your plan.

If no luck finding a hotel or no reservation at all, you might want to sleep in a cardboard box along with the bummers behind a building somewhere for free. :eek2::run: Oops, never mind.
:laugh2: I will have a room to sleep in, don't worry. I am carefully planing this trip, dont want to mess it up at the very last minute! Chevy57 is assisting me in searching for a hotel in NYC, Portland, OR and L.A (Just a overnight stay before I jump to the plane back to Sydney)

:laugh2::laugh2::laugh2: Hear that all the time. once they arrived - they wish they visited Miami or L.A. instead :lol:

but hey - try it out! I'm praying that the winter this year will not be as bad as last year. that was one incredibly brutal winter!!! and a very long one!!!

limo? taxi? nonsense! take subway - MTA - $8.25 unlimited ride for all-day or $27 unlimited ride for 7-days :cool2:

i've never taken taxi in NYC for several years
Jiro -- I was recommended to take this "$27 unlimited rides for 7- days" by a friend on VP, couple of weeks ago and I will definitely take that recommendation becuase it is worth the time while I an in NYC. Also, Jiro - could youplease PM me?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back