What are you thinking about? Part VIII

Thinking about the pouring rain....we may get a Wintery Mix later. Originally the reports were say "4 feet " of snow <number means nothing to me but probably to you guys>. I kinda like to watch the birds in the rain though.
I hope you plan to stay indoors. Stay safe!

Thinking about the pouring rain....we may get a Wintery Mix later. Originally the reports were say "4 feet " of snow <number means nothing to me but probably to you guys>. I kinda like to watch the birds in the rain though.

That 4 feet really seems deep to me. Maybe comparing it to something will help you picture it. Most kitchen counters are 3 feet high so it would be even higher than that.

That 4 feet really seems deep to me. Maybe comparing it to something will help you picture it. Most kitchen counters are 3 feet high so it would be even higher than that.
Looking at the weather maps, I think she means 4 inches, not feet.
gt0125wea-011.jpg

:ty:/thanks SilverRoxy, Jane and Loveblue, for your thoughts/help <told ya....units of measure mean nothing to me but appreciate the picture, Loveblue>
You also had a good idea with the counter, Jane-

Wow, four feet of snow?! That would be up to my neck! I don't envy you.

:ty:/thanks SilverRoxy, Jane and Loveblue, for your thoughts/help <told ya....units of measure mean nothing to me but appreciate the picture, Loveblue>
You also had a good idea with the counter, Jane-
Oh, that's better.

Four feet did seem excessive but this winter's weather has been so weird I wasn't doubting it could happen. :lol:

I am so ready for snow to be over. It's snowing as I write this. Yuk.
Here in Central Illinois, we had a very mild winter. Maybe 6" total for my area. Required shoveling maybe 2x. And not complaining! What state you in?

My boo-boo. Went to Longwood Gardens ( http://www.longwoodgardens.org ) with a friend and walked for 3 hours. Just as we were headed back t the entrance, I happened to brush a ?bee? (didn't see it, just felt it) from my shirt and got stung on the finger. I put some mud on it then went looking for first aid. They gave me an ice pack and some stuff to put on the sting. I think it's been over 30 years since I've been stung.

My boo-boo. Went to Longwood Gardens ( http://www.longwoodgardens.org ) with a friend and walked for 3 hours. Just as we were headed back t the entrance, I happened to brush a ?bee? (didn't see it, just felt it) from my shirt and got stung on the finger. I put some mud on it then went looking for first aid. They gave me an ice pack and some stuff to put on the sting. I think it's been over 30 years since I've been stung.
Ouch!

Here in Central Illinois, we had a very mild winter. Maybe 6" total for my area. Required shoveling maybe 2x. And not complaining! What state you in?
Minnesota. We've had plenty of snow, ice and frigidness here :)

Ohhh...brrr..I cannot top that! I have folks near Hayward, WI and I am sure their complaining is nothing compared to yours!:)
Hayward is to the north of me in WI. I imagine they endure about the same conditions I do. I usually don't complain too much about it except when I'm sick and tired of winter (haha) and I can't get gas because it's -20 and the gas pumps are frozen. THEN I complain. LOL

Hayward is to the north of me in WI. I imagine they endure about the same conditions I do. I usually don't complain too much about it except when I'm sick and tired of winter (haha) and I can't get gas because it's -20 and the gas pumps are frozen. THEN I complain. LOL
What? -20F today? I have been to Hayward a few times during winter, it is NO fun!

What? -20F today? I have been to Hayward a few times during winter, it is NO fun!
No, not today. Typically for about 4-6 weeks between end of December through the beginning of February. Just last week we even got 70 !!!! Broke a record.

No, not today. Typically for about 4-6 weeks between end of December through the beginning of February. Just last week we even got 70 !!!! Broke a record.
Whew...I was searching for my heavy flannel shirt.

Back