What are you thinking about? Part VIII

I was going to send the White House an email and it web site and Obama web site are being show to not be safe according to my computer protection .

Can you be both ?
It is probably not the official website. No you can't be both. You have well-known member status next to your avatar. I have that too. Sequoias have active member status next to her avatar.

Finally signed with a cabinet contractor to get our kitchen done. Probably won't be done until May as they are booking out until then. Ordered our living room and dining room furniture today, that will be delivered in three to four weeks. Now I have to find the right accents, pictures, wall color etc.

What is the difference between well-known member and active member? I thought they are same thing.

I was going to send the White House an email and it web site and Obama web site are being show to not be safe according to my computer protection .

Can you be both ?

No you can't be both. I think the number of posts is the difference between the two titles. Hmm nope not the post count because LB has 6K with Well Known and Sequoia has 22K post with Active Member. Guessing it is based on frequency of posting or how often/total amount of time they've accessed AD...?

The computer protection (whatever that is-- probably the anti virus/anti malware) is probably a false positive... can't imagine the White House website being "malicious" (well other than of the opinion of those who don't like the occupant or US government in general...).

edit-
Didn't think of the idea that it might not the official site. The official one ends in .gov I think. Most people mistakenly type in .com...

Finally signed with a cabinet contractor to get our kitchen done. Probably won't be done until May as they are booking out until then. Ordered our living room and dining room furniture today, that will be delivered in three to four weeks. Now I have to find the right accents, pictures, wall color etc.
That's a big project in itself! I have been in the new house nearly 1.5 years now and I still have stuff to finish. It's not from laziness or anything, it's I can't visualize what would look best. So I totally get your figuring out the walls, accents, decor, etc.

Glad to read it is finally underway. I was surprised when you got carpet done before other construction because of workmen tracking in and the dust, etc. (demolition, cutting after scrribing (sp) to fit walls, etc.). And I would have expected furniture delivery to be the last thing.

I was assigned to be an ASL terp at the event . Since , there was no deaf participants , I helped the Spanish translators because they were short one terp. It was an awesome experience , I know my vocabulary needs some sharpening . I looked like a newbie ASL interpreter to make the comparison. Presenters talked so fast and my brain to process Spanish quickly was not quick enough . By the third workshop , I nailed it! Spoken Spanish interpreting , English to Spanish.

It is probably not the official website. No you can't be both. You have well-known member status next to your avatar. I have that too. Sequoias have active member status next to her avatar.
I am not seeing 'well known member' status next to your avatar I am seeing 'premium member ' and Deaf/ASL user . There are a few things I don't get about this new alldeaf ,how do you give someone a trophy and how do find the post you got a trophy for.

Last edited:
I am not seeing 'well known member' status next to your avatar I am seeing 'premium member ' and Deaf/ASL user . There are a few things I don't get about this new alldeaf ,how do you give someone a trophy and how do find the post you got a trophy for.
If you pay for Premium, you get to make your own title, hence why mine says Old Deaf Ranter... From the thread title about me by the mean little girl. It's almost as good as my name sign.

I changed the title (Deaf/ASL user) shortly after I posted my question. Calvin saw my post and told me that I could change my title. I'm sorry about the confusion. You get trophy according to how many posts you make and how many likes you get.
I think it is for beginners.

I changed the title (Deaf/ASL user) shortly after I posted my question. Calvin saw my post and told me that I could change my title. I'm sorry about the confusion. You get trophy according to how many posts you make and how many likes you get.
I think it is for beginners.
I have some trophies and I am not a beginner. I am not sure you give one to a person , do you know ?

I have some trophies and I am not a beginner. I am not sure you give one to a person , do you know ?
No you can't give one to someone. It is something that motivates people to post more. I got trophies in the beginning of this new software. It stopped coming.

I think, it's something built in the program. It's explained somewhere around here . I can't remember where I saw it.

I think, it's something built in the program. It's explained somewhere around here . I can't remember where I saw it.
I been trying to find some that explain how they work , I got my answer . :ty: Now I know I can't give a trophy to someone .

Oh no LOL I am sure you Learn soon:)

Glad to read it is finally underway. I was surprised when you got carpet done before other construction because of workmen tracking in and the dust, etc. (demolition, cutting after scrribing (sp) to fit walls, etc.). And I would have expected furniture delivery to be the last thing.

I'm not too worried about it. They seal off the kitchen really well. Most of the cabinet work is done off site. Oh and the cabinet contractor is also an electrician so all my kitchen lighting will be done too. It's been a very long wait, can't wait until it's completed. I will posts pictures along the way.

That I threw out both of my shoulders yesterday lifting a 40 pound bag of bird seed! Taking ibuprofen .. :(

That I threw out both of my shoulders yesterday lifting a 40 pound bag of bird seed! Taking ibuprofen .. :(

Ouch! Sorry to hear that, AlleyCat. That sounds painful :eek:

If it makes you feel any better, I did the same thing just from reaching to close the curtains. It's easily done, I'm afraid :aw:

Back