What are you thinking about? Part VIII

That football back on and I not going to be able to watch the news as much as I like too! CRAP ! I wish there a station just football so the news could be on .

That football back on and I not going to be able to watch the news as much as I like too! CRAP ! I wish there a station just football so the news could be on .

giphy.gif

My parents are in Alabama. They were supposed to drive to Panama City Beach today but with Irma they are now looking into Gulf Shores in Alabama which I think is STILL a bad idea but they are my parents so I'll sit down and shut up and just worry :(

Learn to enjoy football :D Go Patriots!

Learn to enjoy football :D Go Patriots!
I have no use for football when I have love ones in the middles of a deadly hurricane and wanted to know what going on. There was no news all day yesterday b/c of
college football , the only station that had news CC is not working most of the time . I was watching a report on the fires in Ca. and didn't get a word so I read the
CC and it said " the weather was sexually helping the firefighters!" I was like WTF ! LOL! CC is really getting bad on TV ! I have no idea what the correct word was .

Common sense would dictate that the weather is either or not helping the firefighters. Read the news on your computer.

I have no use for football when I have love ones in the middles of a deadly hurricane and wanted to know what going on. There was no news all day yesterday b/c of
college football , the only station that had news CC is not working most of the time . I was watching a report on the fires in Ca. and didn't get a word so I read the
CC and it said " the weather was sexually helping the firefighters!" I was like WTF ! LOL! CC is really getting bad on TV ! I have no idea what the correct word was .

I depend on my news feeds local station apps on my phone to give me updates. Plus, the hurricane news has an interpreter when the governor is speaking .

I have close friends in Florida as well. I can contact them on FB . I am sure , if you cared enough about your loved ones you would reach out to them like I did.

By the way, I was joking about the football thing . I didn't mean to upset you .

If the news is LIVE then yes the captions may have mistakes because of the need to keep up and the possibility of "auto correct" of words so no.. I don't think CC is getting really bad on TV - used to be tons worse than the sentence mentioned above.. as in an entirely gibberish sentence.

If you want news all day all the time, get cable and watch CNN or MSNBC. I find it hard to believe that if you only have basic cable or antenna tv that every single channel has football on it alllll day and all night. Usually only 1 or two of the major channels have football (or some other sport going). Plus it's usually the weekend and am SURE that they WILL break into football games with breaking news.

At the very least, instead of complaining about tv coverage.. find other ways to get your news in the meantime... newspaper, radio (OK so that one is out, sorry...), online, apps if you have a smart phone, find someone with cable and ask if you can come by and watch.

Welcome back! I miss seeing your posts! I hope you are doing well!

Yea, I am doing well.

Just shocked at the two hurricanes leaving behind so much destruction. Hope all of the ADers living in Florida and Texas are doing ok.

Thinking about ordering new glasses online for the first time. My eye doctor told me my glasses are too strong. That means I have some eye improvement and lens will be thinner. Woot, woot!

I am thinking about the earthquake that hit Mexico 8.1 magnitude no one talks about it.

I am thinking about the earthquake that hit Mexico 8.1 magnitude no one talks about it.
I've hear and read about it almost every day since it happened. You want something that affected people in another country to get more attention to what's happening to people in our own country? We just had a MAJOR hurricane hit the US, in case you haven't heard. ;)

Thinking about the Carribean islands...cannot get over that satellite image of the before Irma and after Irma pics of them. Anyone see them? Really gave me the chills.

Thinking about the Carribean islands...cannot get over that satellite image of the before Irma and after Irma pics of them. Anyone see them? Really gave me the chills.

yes.. the ones of poor Barbuda is absolutely sobering and shocking...it's going to take years for them to get back to where they were :(.

And I just saw in another post of yours that there are three storms off the Atlantic now... Jose I knew about but not Lee and Maria (what happened to K?).

yes.. the ones of poor Barbuda is absolutely sobering and shocking...it's going to take years for them to get back to where they were :(.

And I just saw in another post of yours that there are three storms off the Atlantic now... Jose I knew about but not Lee and Maria (what happened to K?).
Katia hit Mexico

Back