What are you thinking about? Part VIII

My daughter and I did a lot better than pray , we send some money to help people .

Had a UPS driver went to the hospital yesterday for heat exhaustion. It was 108o yesterday in the Bay Area and much hotter today with some places into 110's. Thinking about those Harvey victims, looking into going down there to volunteer my time helping people.

Thinking it's been a great experience volunteering yesterday. Demo a house that had 3 feet of water, everything downstairs gutted out. Today is a new day.. Staying til I fly home on Saturday morning.

Thinking it's been a great experience volunteering yesterday. Demo a house that had 3 feet of water, everything downstairs gutted out. Today is a new day.. Staying til I fly home on Saturday morning.
Thank you for your service to the flood victims.

Thank you!!

You're welcome. :)

Today we worked on a house that had 4 to 5 feet of water. Most of the rooms we cut 6 feet of drywalls, a couple of rooms had to gut from bottom to ceiling. Looks like a bad roof, some of the rooms in 2nd floor have flood. A major disaster for the owner.

Tow trucks were busy around here picking up flooded cars and several 18 wheeler dump trucks around town picking up contaminated trash (flooded couches, bed, furniture, carpets, drywall and more).

You're welcome. :)

Today we worked on a house that had 4 to 5 feet of water. Most of the rooms we cut 6 feet of drywalls, a couple of rooms had to gut from bottom to ceiling. Looks like a bad roof, some of the rooms in 2nd floor have flood. A major disaster for the owner.

Tow trucks were busy around here picking up flooded cars and several 18 wheeler dump trucks around town picking up contaminated trash (flooded couches, bed, furniture, carpets, drywall and more).

You have my admiration. I wanted to go with a couple friends, but they talked me out of it. :(
They took my boat, though, and as far as I'm concerned, they can have it. They deserve it. :)

I'm on about scratch #1,037 at this time. The joys of having a kitten :)

About my son singing the song "Gonna Love You Like a Hurricane"...we've been very overcast several days....rain in and out. Awaiting Irma, which should be visiting Sunday night and Monday. Expecting power outages, which I do dread. Luckily, I don't live along the River anymore (St. Johns), as those that do have had to evacuate. We do plan to go to a Shelter if necessary...all the traffic leaving from South Florida is horrible...so is the traffic here in NE Florida (Jacksonville). God Bless America...prayers for those affected by Harvey and now Irma.

Well, I stopped by to see whats up after being gone for so long. I cant believe I have been a member for 11 years. Hope everyone in Florida stay safe!

About my son singing the song "Gonna Love You Like a Hurricane"...we've been very overcast several days....rain in and out. Awaiting Irma, which should be visiting Sunday night and Monday. Expecting power outages, which I do dread. Luckily, I don't live along the River anymore (St. Johns), as those that do have had to evacuate. We do plan to go to a Shelter if necessary...all the traffic leaving from South Florida is horrible...so is the traffic here in NE Florida (Jacksonville). God Bless America...prayers for those affected by Harvey and now Irma.
Hope you will be safe. Do you have a pet-friendly shelter near-by?

Well, I stopped by to see whats up after being gone for so long. I cant believe I have been a member for 11 years. Hope everyone in Florida stay safe!
Welcome back! I miss seeing your posts! I hope you are doing well!

I hope it doesn't hit you hard. Stay safe!

I'm thinking about going to the Speedway, watching the races, drinking a beer, BBQ'ing and having a kick a** time with my friends and my family!!:cheers:

Back