What are you thinking about? Part VIII

Going to IKEA today! Hopefully the stuff I saw online is comfortable and solid. I remember some things I used to have had problems wobbling loose. My sister is coming with her husband and van, so I'll get some help picking, delivering, and assembling. Plus she has a membership card on top of Independence day sales! Going to make my daughters' room like a dorm room. Only one is staying with me full time, but the other will still come often for visits.

Have fun! The IKEA here in MN does not require a membership. I love that store! I find the quality to be very good.

Oh I miss going to IKEA. Membership cards is new to me. I still have a tall bookcase 25 some years after I bought it. It has traveled a little (didn't make it out to CO.. the back was about an inch too long to fit into my SUV lol).

There's a big IKEA store near Oakland, I have a couple of furnitures I bought from there.

We have to go to Charlotte, NC, for our IKEA purchases. We timed the trip so that TCS and a friend could go to the drag races there, and then on the way home pick up a sofa for me from the store.

My daughter has a lot more IKEA pieces in her house.

I think my favorite part of the IKEA store is where you are close to checkout, and they have glasses, utensils, plates and everything else galore at rock bottom prices. That's where I end up spending most of my money. :)

We have to go to Charlotte, NC, for our IKEA purchases. We timed the trip so that TCS and a friend could go to the drag races there, and then on the way home pick up a sofa for me from the store.

My daughter has a lot more IKEA pieces in her house.
Yeah, that's the one I went to. About 20 minutes from there. Made three trips to IKEA, about 1000 trips up the stairs. Daybed, sleeper sofa, tv stand, shelves, end tables, dressers, floor lamps, small dinner table, but they were out of the chairs I wanted.

I put the shelves together, but too tired to put the leg stand on it. Worried I'll get it off center. Tomorrow I'll be a bit more alert to measure and mark it clearly.

My dog did great today staying in the bedroom when we were bringing stuff in; he had a long day alone and inside.

Wow, Soulchill, you got a lot of things! I hope you love it all.
Yeah, starting over on house furniture for the most part. Really wanted to make my daughters' room special. Hopefully the one not staying won't be too jealous. I got them white stuff so they can decorate it a bit if they want.

I kind of wanted the orange couch instead of grey, but nothing would have gone with it.

^^^^ About the orange. You're right, it would be hard to find decor to go with that. Maybe yellows, whites. But I think the grey sounds like a good choice.

Yeah, starting over on house furniture for the most part. Really wanted to make my daughters' room special. Hopefully the one not staying won't be too jealous. I got them white stuff so they can decorate it a bit if they want.

I kind of wanted the orange couch instead of grey, but nothing would have gone with it.

^^^^ About the orange. You're right, it would be hard to find decor to go with that. Maybe yellows, whites. But I think the grey sounds like a good choice.

And other colors can always be brought in with pillows or maybe a throw to coverup with if napping on the couch.

Why do I always feel when I make a post that I'm baiting someone? I'm not, of course, but ....

Turquoise and white pattern is a nice counterpoint accent to orange.

I went to IKEA in 1991 for new bedroom set in DC metro, so closet IKEA in here will be Atlanta.

Yeah, that's the one I went to. About 20 minutes from there. Made three trips to IKEA, about 1000 trips up the stairs. Daybed, sleeper sofa, tv stand, shelves, end tables, dressers, floor lamps, small dinner table, but they were out of the chairs I wanted.

That's the one near me. Maybe 20ish minutes from here. In the two times I've lived here (and living in Columbia) I have never been there. I don't know if my family- or really my sister's family- has been there.

Back