What are you thinking about? Part VIII

Well the electric start has helped the ladies start the mower. I guess as long as they keep the lines straight and watch for rocks then all is well. :afro:

Funny... I know women who have used the old hand mower (Non electric) and the gas/pull mowers.

The electric start mower has helped men sit on their fat ass and ride a lawn mower. Yeah.. they're fine as long as they keep the lines straight and watch for rocks and dog poops- all is well!

Funny... I know women who have used the old hand mower (Non electric) and the gas/pull mowers.!

I grew up in a house and mowed the lawn using this:

maxresdefault.jpg

Last edited:
Thinking about my half brother. The surgery was successful and he made a full recovery now. He had learned he had a tumor on his spine and it was benign. The biopsy shows it is genetic, and Doctor ordered my half brother to contact our father, family members and me to take a genetic test. There is a 50% chance that a offspring inherits it from a parent. Me thinks my half brother inherited it from his mother's side. Still waiting for my dad's results first if he is a carrier. Hate to wait...

I grew up in a house and mowed the lawn using this:

maxresdefault.jpg

I grew up with that being "the" mower people used and then for a few years as an adult woman used one. Although I did progress through living in apartments and then getting pull start gas after buying a house in 1989. My newest one is and electric start but have also hired it cut.

Last edited:
Those work well if they're sharp. No emissions either which is good. I used to mow lawns as a kid with a Snapper. Back then we had to work for our cash. I'd mow while the ladies would be inside making iced tea or lemonade. Now they just give you a bottle of water. :afro:

My husband makes me a bottle of cold ice water after I finish mowing the lawn. AHHHH!

While we are on the topic of mowing: I had this mowing job for 2 summers (I was 15-16?) with Widow O'Brien. When I was done, she would give me $7, a candy bar and an ice cold Pabst Blue Ribbon beer. Man, those were the good old days!

^Good story. Today she'd be in front of the judge and brought up on child abuse charges. You'd need counseling and so would your whole family. Boo hoo hoo.
We were badasses growing up in the 70's. :afro:

Thinking I was told I was a mermaid. I like that. Here fishy, fishy.

Dang. About a month ago I ventured into the internet madness again. I saw a lot of youtube videos of things like werewolves, ghosts, and finally angels and mermaids.
Goodness.
Anyway, I would rather be surprised by a mermaid than anything else. ;)

While we are on the topic of mowing: I had this mowing job for 2 summers (I was 15-16?) with Widow O'Brien. When I was done, she would give me $7, a candy bar and an ice cold Pabst Blue Ribbon beer. Man, those were the good old days!
Did you pay taxes? Well, did you?? Answer me, boy! :D

Dang. About a month ago I ventured into the internet madness again. I saw a lot of youtube videos of things like werewolves, ghosts, and finally angels and mermaids.
Goodness.
Anyway, I would rather be surprised by a mermaid than anything else. ;)
You like mermaids? Mmmm

Thinking about my half brother. The surgery was successful and he made a full recovery now. He had learned he had a tumor on his spine and it was benign. The biopsy shows it is genetic, and Doctor ordered my half brother to contact our father, family members and me to take a genetic test. There is a 50% chance that a offspring inherits it from a parent. Me thinks my half brother inherited it from his mother's side. Still waiting for my dad's results first if he is a carrier. Hate to wait...

Send my prayers to your brother's recovery.

I did until I found out they're supposed to make you drown.
I'm quite a ways from water so I suppose I am safe for now.
I did not know that. I promise I won't drown you. I'd rather just go swimming. And see fireworks.

Back