What are you thinking about? Part VIII

Wasn't feeling too good for 2 days....guessing I overdid some things....:roll:...so missed out on the Xmas dinner today/ But hope to see them all on Sunday.

I'm thinking Christmas decorations aren't as fun as it was 30 years ago. Staying at Drake Hotel wasn't fun either. It wasn't like when I stayed there in the past.

How was Drake Hotel difference this time ? Yeah I can remeber our dad taking us to Boston to see the Christmas decorations when were kids which is about 60 years ago. It really was something to see I bet it not half as nice now . I was hoping you would have some fun . :aw:

How was Drake Hotel difference this time ? Yeah I can remeber our dad taking us to Boston to see the Christmas decorations when were kids which is about 60 years ago. It really was something to see I bet it not half as nice now . I was hoping you would have some fun . :aw:

I don't have appetite for those things any more. I don't know if I'll ever get them back.

I don't have appetite for those things any more. I don't know if I'll ever get them back.

I know what you mean, I think our taste in some things change as we get older . I use to love going to a store in Berkeley when I lived there and when I went back there with my daughter for visit I went back to my favorite store it was a big let down . It was not the same . I don't like going to real fancy restaurants anymore , I more casual dinning now that I am older.

I am thinking about the person who had a medical emergency during the church service today.

Oh, WDYS, you gave me a moment of nostalgia when you mentioned going to Boston to see the store window decorations, we did that too, drove down from Maine. What an exciting event that was! Oh, those animated figures in the big dept store windows, such fun. Yes more than 60 years ago for me.

Odd thought ... Did mother Teresa or those of her ink have a dog....

Sent from my SM-G530T1 using AllDeaf App mobile app

Oh, WDYS, you gave me a moment of nostalgia when you mentioned going to Boston to see the store window decorations, we did that too, drove down from Maine. What an exciting event that was! Oh, those animated figures in the big dept store windows, such fun. Yes more than 60 years ago for me.

Yeah the animated figures they use today aren't half as nice as they 60 years ago ! We would walk to all the department stores and watch the
animated figures . Some of the stores are no longer there . Dad lived in Boston when he first came here in the 1900's that is so long ago .

If you're ever in the PA Dutch Country (Lancaster, PA) area, you should check out this place.

http://www.nationalchristmascenter.com/

Same here. It's more work.

Also, winter gardens are usually different crops from other seasons. There are certain plants that grow well with the cooler temps and shorter daylight hours.

Sadly, the weeds don't seem to mind winter weather. Ugh!
Secret is : Greenhouse !!!
Can grow year round anywhere with proper ventilation, heating and water.

Wasn't feeling too good for 2 days....guessing I overdid some things....:roll:...so missed out on the Xmas dinner today/ But hope to see them all on Sunday.

Oh robin did you have same thing as me my son did me gin and tonic or rather splash of lemonade and half bottle of gin followed by slow gin I will never try again as long as I live.
All kids grandparents here I taking a break they playing swamp football

Thinking that we messed the bedroom ceiling up when trying to remove the textured ceiling. ooops

How?

Removing the "popcorn" ceiling when it was really an acoustic ceiling so we accidentally removed the plaster as well. Ugh

Removing the "popcorn" ceiling when it was really an acoustic ceiling so we accidentally removed the plaster as well. Ugh

Sometimes an "oops" is not always a bad thing. It gives you a chance to start over and do it your way; you will appreciate that down the road. :)

I have thought of removing mine... As I understand it, by removing it, it can cause the room to be brighter... But I do not know the first thing about it besides it being a very messy project :) wish you luck on this endeavor

Ewwww painful and costly ya gone out of old year with pop and bang

Popcorn ceiling are used to hide imperfections in a ceiling , it's the cheaper way to go. I hate popcorn ceiling they collect dust too easy and hard to clean . I hope you'll be able to fix it and not have to spend a lot of money.

Back