What are you thinking about? Part VIII

I should be lucky I've my own house, but I'm not enjoying it at all. I'm supposed to be a good role model. I've failed.

I should be lucky I've my own house, but I'm not enjoying it at all. I'm supposed to be a good role model. I've failed.

I know people that didn't enjoy owning their own home b/c it was too much work for them and they didn't fail . Owning a house is not for everyone . I was thinking about you and wondering how you're doing .
Do you have any plans for the Christmas ? I hate seeing you so hard on yourself , I think you're one of the nicest people here .

To whom are you supposed to be a good role model? In what way do you think you've failed?

I think you're putting too much burden on yourself.

Thinking how funny it was to go to my first post CI movie....Alvin and the Chipmunks. I went with my goddaughter and it was funny because I could not understand the Chipmunks at all. That is what voices use to sound like with my CI so I thought I would do great. Still had fun even went to see Santa.

Yes you are very lucky to have your own home. Not too many people can accomplish that today. We need to help you set some goals that you can strive for in the New Year. But remember if you have your health that is a huge blessing.

I'm thinking about doing some charity work this new year. The police and fire departments are always looking for volunteers. There are so many shelters that need help. Plus Derek you know ASL and there are so many of us late deafened people who could use a friend like you. Trade a few lessons in ASL for something you would like to learn.

I remember Mark started taking pictures when he was feeling down. He did a beautiful job and I believe it made him very happy.

Yes you are very lucky to have your own home. Not too many people can accomplish that today. We need to help you set some goals that you can strive for in the New Year. But remember if you have your health that is a huge blessing.

I'm thinking about doing some charity work this new year. The police and fire departments are always looking for volunteers. There are so many shelters that need help. Plus Derek you know ASL and there are so many of us late deafened people who could use a friend like you. Trade a few lessons in ASL for something you would like to learn.

I remember Mark started taking pictures when he was feeling down. He did a beautiful job and I believe it made him very happy.

Mark also loved sharing his beautiful photos with us and when we told how Mark how much we liked his work this made Mark feel happier .
I remember how proud Mark was when he knew we loved his photos , he wanted to go out and take more photos. Derek could also help fix up bikes for kids that can't afford to buy a bike . Derek has a lot he offer .

You did not fail. Anyone would be thankful to have a roof over their head regardless if apt, condo , townhouse , etc.. Always give thanks in good/bad times

My daughter made it safely to her destination in the South of France. Hope they have an amazing time.

I spent most of the day wrapping presents....hard on the old neck and back but I'm almost done. Just have to put ribbons and bows on them.

My son says I could get barred if give him one.Just bit heartless I would like sneak him little totty but don't want trouble.this old guy not able go shop get his own.At over 90 he got that age pissed as fart I no see why they stop him have little sniffter.wdys you against it rr you would .they not sack me I just visitor..
I think the 85yr old family bit cruel the carer trying be kind.oh dear think brain and heart not in sync..I feel so sorry for him

Are you saying I should have given the guy some booze? If so you have no idea what you're talking about ! My company and me could of had a lawsuit if the guy had fallen and gotten hurt ! He had a number of health issues and a thin old man he had no body fat to keep his bones from being broken if had fall after I left him alone . I was only at his house for 2 hours after I leave my clients were on their own if they lived alone.

Anyone who suggests therapy and fail to find time to spend time with that person isn't a real friend. A real friend would find time to spend with the person. If you don't want to spend time with the person needing help, you've no place making suggestions such as seeing shrinks or something like that.

Anyone who suggests therapy and fail to find time to spend time with that person isn't a real friend. A real friend would find time to spend with the person. If you don't want to spend time with the person needing help, you've no place making suggestions such as seeing shrinks or something like that.

Ouch. Maybe you're over analyzing things? Do you know anyone you can confide in? Maybe go along for a ride and be introduced or meet others? You've been given some great ideas here Derek, just don't wait for things to happen to you, go out there and do something you enjoy! Something interesting may occur, but even if it's a bad experience, it's something to learn from and move on, right? Have a Merry Christmas! :hug:

Ouch. Maybe you're over analyzing things? Do you know anyone you can confide in? Maybe go along for a ride and be introduced or meet others? You've been given some great ideas here Derek, just don't wait for things to happen to you, go out there and do something you enjoy! Something interesting may occur, but even if it's a bad experience, it's something to learn from and move on, right? Have a Merry Christmas! :hug:

Thank you for wishing me Merry Christmas

I have been being a great friend spending time listening to my roommate with all of her problems with her family and in the last 2 weeks and half, it has been draining for me because it is just one drama after another and hours of her crying to me. I want to be a good friend but I need to invest in time for myself as well. I am ready to suggest to her to see a therapist because she has allowed her family treat her like crap and I try to give her advice but she wont take action and the cycle of drama just keeps repeating. I dont remember any of my friends having so much family drama like she does.

Hope you feel better soon!

I have been being a great friend spending time listening to my roommate with all of her problems with her family and in the last 2 weeks and half, it has been draining for me because it is just one drama after another and hours of her crying to me. I want to be a good friend but I need to invest in time for myself as well. I am ready to suggest to her to see a therapist because she has allowed her family treat her like crap and I try to give her advice but she wont take action and the cycle of drama just keeps repeating. I dont remember any of my friends having so much family drama like she does.

Hope you feel better soon!

It's great you helped her. I would do the same thing.

It's great you helped her. I would do the same thing.

My question is when other people's problems become emotionally draining for you, when to draw the line? I cant allow her problems become mine but it has been tooo much in the last two weeks. I love her but I am exhausted just thinking about all of her different family problems.

My question is when other people's problems become emotionally draining for you, when to draw the line? I cant allow her problems become mine but it has been tooo much in the last two weeks. I love her but I am exhausted just thinking about all of her different family problems.

Shel, it is time to start thinking about yourself. You have done so much and listened to her problems and given advice, now it's time to take care of Shel or there won't be anything left of Shel.:lol:

Is it time to have her start thinking about finding another place to live? I don't mean right away, especially at holiday time, but at least thinking about some other accommodations. I'm concerned about your well being, you certainly tried with your friend, no failure on your part.

Good luck!

For me, I would offer help first. That's the least I would do. Just show that I care.

And its obvious that's exactly what Shel has done and more, right, Derek? Now that it is engulfing and choking her is what's she's talking about. She wants to find a solution that's good for all......

Back