What are you thinking about Part VII

Status
Not open for further replies.
I saw a bat tonight ,how cool that was ! I have not seen one for a few years so it was good to know there are till some bats around. I saw an ad on TV for company that spray to kill bugs and pests and they said they killed bats too. I guess the bats are bad for their business and are telling people bats are pests . :(

Interesting. Here bats must be released if trapped in homes . You are not allowed to kill them.

I used to see bats at my old house when I would sit out on the deck around dusk.

Thinking my siblings are getting old. :o My 2nd oldest sibling turns 70 on Sat.

My older sister will be 71 yo this year , I will be 68 this year , we're all getting old . Will your sister be having a party ?

Have you see this youtube of a little crying b/c her baby brother will get older ?

Five-Year-Old Girl Doesn't Want Her Baby Brother to Grow Up - NBC News

My oldest sibling is 74. I'm the baby at 58. My brother lives in FL and we hardly keep in touch. I did send him a b'day card this year.

I used to ask my mom which was harder for her. Seeing her oldest reach a milestone age or her youngest.

My oldest sibling is 74. I'm the baby at 58. My brother lives in FL and we hardly keep in touch. I did send him a b'day card this year.

I used to ask my mom which was harder for her. Seeing her oldest reach a milestone age or her youngest.

LOL! My ex brother lives in Florida and no one talk to him anymore , his daughters want nothing to do with him . My youngest sister is 64 , I think my ex brother is 73 or 74 . There are 4 kids in my family . My mom cried when she saw her son going bald ,he did have nice hair and that is all I can really say nice about him.

I saw a bat tonight ,how cool that was ! I have not seen one for a few years so it was good to know there are till some bats around. I saw an ad on TV for company that spray to kill bugs and pests and they said they killed bats too. I guess the bats are bad for their business and are telling people bats are pests . :(

If you live where there is streetlights and some wooded areas around if you go out at night sometimes you can see them around those lights. There are streetlights at about every house on my street and after dark I see the bats flying around one of those going after the bugs that are attracted to that light.

If you live where there is streetlights and some wooded areas around if you go out at night sometimes you can see them around those lights. There are streetlights at about every house on my street and after dark I see the bats flying around one of those going after the bugs that are attracted to that light.

Yeah the bat was flying around a streetlight eating bugs. There was a 11 acres field behind my condo , it gone now . The bats uses lives there in a groves of trees . There are not a lot of places left for the poor bats to live and that horrible ad on TV telling people to kill bats is not helping. I wish I got the name of the company so I could had called them up.

Yeah the bat was flying around a streetlight eating bugs. There was a 11 acres field behind my condo , it gone now . The bats uses lives there in a groves of trees . There are not a lot of places left for the poor bats to live and that horrible ad on TV telling people to kill bats is not helping. I wish I got the name of the company so I could had called them up.

That is a crock bats are nocturnal and usually won't bother people unless they are disturbed somehow. Besides they eat the bugs that means less bugs to bother me lol

I see bats around here after dark. They've never concerned me as they don't come anywhere near me. They stay near the trees and such. I am really tolerant of outdoor animals EXCEPT spiders :lol:

I think it's time to call this man... ;)

holy-batman-the-75-year-evolution-of-the-batsuit.jpg

That is a crock bats are nocturnal and usually won't bother people unless they are disturbed somehow. Besides they eat the bugs that means less bugs to bother me lol

I agree with you , the bat had no interest in me or my dog and I did ask it where has he been b/c the mosquitoes are really bad this year. I think they're cool. When I had Finlay we where outside at night and Finlay was sniffing around some trees and all of sudden I heard something flapping around and out came a bat right over my head . The bat just flew away, it did not try to suck my neck or get stuck in my hair.

Calvin that bat can live in my attic as long as he want to.

The problem with bats in some areas that they carry rabies... same with raccoons. We have to be cautious when they encounter people or pets. Rabies in animals can get really nasty... kind of reminds me of a 1982(?) movie Cujo.

The problem with bats in some areas that they carry rabies... same with raccoons. We have to be cautious when they encounter people or pets. Rabies in animals can get really nasty... kind of reminds me of a 1982(?) movie Cujo.

Rabbits can carry rabies too , and we have tons of them around my condo.
A fox was killed a few weeks ago b/c it had rabies and attacked 2 people. It was in a town very close to my small city . I carry a flashlight when I go outside at night now b/c we had foxes and coyotes in our yard.

LOL! My ex brother lives in Florida and no one talk to him anymore , his daughters want nothing to do with him . My youngest sister is 64 , I think my ex brother is 73 or 74 . There are 4 kids in my family . My mom cried when she saw her son going bald ,he did have nice hair and that is all I can really say nice about him.

He's not my ex brother. There's no animosity between us. We're just not a closeknit family. There are 6 of us. We do have family reunions once in a blue moon. Last one, except for my husbands funeral, was at my FL brother's house. We all stayed in his houses (he had two rentals besides his own). He paid for my girls & my entrance to one of the parks there.

We have bats in our neighborhood, and our daughter does in her neighborhood, too. They have a bat house.

When TCS and I take our evening walk, there are two bats who swoop down around us, and follow us. They haven't touched us, so far, so it's OK. If they do, I will have to start wearing a hat on our walks. :lol:

Interesting. Here bats must be released if trapped in homes . You are not allowed to kill them.

Interesting. For me, what I understand, i m supposed to trap a bat if bat happens to enter my house. If so, then i have to call the health dept to come here and get the bat. They will kill bat to test to see if bat has rabies or not. rabies can be a fatal.

good idea to get the vaccinnated for rabies.

I wish there were bats in our area. They'd have a veritable feast with all the mosquitoes and gnats around here. I'm tempted to go out and buy a truckload and release them by the house to get them started.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back