What are you thinking about Part VII

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thinking about how someone says they can't stand to watch the news anymore because it's all horrible, but then keeps posting horrible news. Well, I'm assuming the news in the links is horrible since said person never posts anything with the links.

Thinking about how someone says they can't stand to watch the news anymore because it's all horrible, but then keeps posting horrible news. Well, I'm assuming the news in the links is horrible since said person never posts anything with the links.

Your post makes me think of someone that will start a thread with a link ONLY. Then immediately under it will do another post with a comment. Why are these in two posts when sometimes they are a minute or less apart?

Increasing post count, maybe? Or just plain craziness. Take your pick. But I know what you mean.

Your post makes me think of someone that will start a thread with a link ONLY. Then immediately under it will do another post with a comment. Why are these in two posts when sometimes they are a minute or less apart?
. . . and why would anyone make a big deal about it?

Life is rough.

Life is rough.

I would imagine Alex would appreciate the link and comment be in one post. I don't know how forum posts take up up computer space, but I would assume each new post takes up more space than just the characters in the post.

I would imagine Alex would appreciate the link and comment be in one post. I don't know how forum posts take up up computer space, but I would assume each new post takes up more space than just the characters in the post.
I guess if it were an issue to him he or a mod would let the poster know. That's up to management to worry about.

Life is rough.

Reba
What is your problems with my post? The thread is What Are You Thinking About. I posted what Love Blue's post made me think of.

:lol:

Just had supper...and anxious for Bates Motel to come on. Only a few more episodes left....

Reba
What is your problems with my post? The thread is What Are You Thinking About. I posted what Love Blue's post made me think of.
. . . and that's what I was thinking about. :)

I use another forum and we have to post the story by itself and if we want
to made a comment about the story we have to post it below the link not with the link . So I do that here too ,I am more concerned about all the people that are missing on the boat , there were and babies and children too. How tragic that story is. I am not able to watch the news as much b/c it been so
horrible lately . I wish we could have world Peace .

Did anyone else see that ad for free food if you clicked on a link?

I use another forum and we have to post the story by itself and if we want
to made a comment about the story we have to post it below the link not with the link .

Have never heard of that before. Every forum I've ever visited it's more or less common courtesy to post the link, a short summary or blurb from the link AND any personal commentary in one post. On another forum we call that double posting and is kind of frowned upon(partly because of artificial inflating of post count and partly because it just looks...a bit attention seeking (and thread bumping) but like someone mentioned above what the owner/admin considers rules is what goes.

eh in the end many times I skip over those threads where I know all there is going to be is a link and nothing else which is a shame as there might be good stuff.

^^^ that's very true. I do the same often, if there's nothing to read I will often skip right past it.

And for someone (not you, Ducky) so horrified by the latest world news, I don't understand the point in dragging on the thoughts of those events by creating thread after thread over them and then getting upset if the discussion doesn't go the way the OP wants it to.

Some of the sources I use don't allow copying and pasting, so I have to use links (copyright reason). :(

Other times, I confess, I'm in a hurry to post, so I do the link only.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back