What are you thinking about? Part VI

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thinking about Google Map Street View car just drove by me, I wave and give a birdie...

I am busy on hope be on pass tomorrow soon think ^_^ Good luck me I do best efffort I pass I think so do it best hard work straight to happy job exciting to me hear news! effort!

It is not just vaccines for kids and young adults. Have you had any reason to check on the Shingles vaccine? It seems the full price is $220 and with coverage the co-pay varies very greatly as it can still be well over a hundred or as minor as I think I saw $6. Of course, it appears that I am caught with one of the high ones.

Yes, I did price the shingles vaccine when I was getting the whooping cough booster this summer beforing going to visit my 1st grand baby. And my dr mentioned it (the shingles vaccine) at my recent physical but we both believe the insurance won't pay for it because I'm not yet 60 even though it is now approved for 50+. My oldest sister did get shingles when she was in her 50's. But as far as I know none of my other siblings have gotten it. I will take my chances & wait to see if it gets covered for people under 60.

I took Marley to the doggie hotel for a 4 hour trial, to see how she would do if we leave her there when we go to Hawaii. We were allowed to sneak in and take a peek so we didn't get all the dogs riled up. There were about 25 dogs there and poor Marley was so scared. She was trying desperately for one of the workers to pick her up. Decided I can't leave her there. For the price they charge $50 per night, Marley should feel comfortable.

So, I am leaving her with my vet. The girls that work there are terrific and I know they will let Marley sit on their laps during the day. Still have a pit in my stomach though:-(

I took Marley to the doggie hotel for a 4 hour trial, to see how she would do if we leave her there when we go to Hawaii. We were allowed to sneak in and take a peek so we didn't get all the dogs riled up. There were about 25 dogs there and poor Marley was so scared. She was trying desperately for one of the workers to pick her up. Decided I can't leave her there. For the price they charge $50 per night, Marley should feel comfortable.

So, I am leaving her with my vet. The girls that work there are terrific and I know they will let Marley sit on their laps during the day. Still have a pit in my stomach though:-(

I still think you should just take her with you.

I'm thinking of when I was 6,7 years old in downtown Chicago with Mom. Police gave me a ticket. Police told me to put ticket on this particular car. It was cool. I don't think Police will do that any more. I may be wrong.

Yes, I did price the shingles vaccine when I was getting the whooping cough booster this summer beforing going to visit my 1st grand baby. And my dr mentioned it (the shingles vaccine) at my recent physical but we both believe the insurance won't pay for it because I'm not yet 60 even though it is now approved for 50+. My oldest sister did get shingles when she was in her 50's. But as far as I know none of my other siblings have gotten it. I will take my chances & wait to see if it gets covered for people under 60.

I don't get the whole shingles vaccine myself. Shingles is actually chicken pox. See oonce you've gotten chicken pox, you always have chicken pox, that's why you can't get "again" because you already have it. It takes up residence in your nervous system, and if you do develop shingles they'll break out all along the same nerve. It can happen if you immune system is compromised for some reason, just a lot of stress can cause that. I got shingles when I was 19, had a spot on torso right over my ribs below my left breast. When I went to the doctor and showed it to her she asked if I had any on my back, I said I think I have a big zit, I have a really sore spot on it, she looked, no it was another shingle.

So I wonder about this shingle vaccine.....is it really the chicken pox vaccine?, but that can't be right either. Ive heard though that the later in life you get chicken pox the worse the case is, so is shigles an advanced stage of chicken pox?? I have no idea, but I don't see how giving you chicken pox will prevent shingles, because that's what it is anyway.

I don't get the whole shingles vaccine myself. Shingles is actually chicken pox. See oonce you've gotten chicken pox, you always have chicken pox, that's why you can't get "again" because you already have it. It takes up residence in your nervous system, and if you do develop shingles they'll break out all along the same nerve. It can happen if you immune system is compromised for some reason, just a lot of stress can cause that. I got shingles when I was 19, had a spot on torso right over my ribs below my left breast. When I went to the doctor and showed it to her she asked if I had any on my back, I said I think I have a big zit, I have a really sore spot on it, she looked, no it was another shingle.

So I wonder about this shingle vaccine.....is it really the chicken pox vaccine?, but that can't be right either. Ive heard though that the later in life you get chicken pox the worse the case is, so is shigles an advanced stage of chicken pox?? I have no idea, but I don't see how giving you chicken pox will prevent shingles, because that's what it is anyway.

I think the shingles vaccine is different from the chicken pox vaccine. Yes, shingles is cause by the chicken pox that is in your body. Shingles is a lot worse (as most things seem to be) for older adults and most people who get it do when they're in the 50's and up. Maybe the vaccine has a way to suppress the chicken pox so that it can't "reappear" as shingles.

I think the shingles vaccine is different from the chicken pox vaccine. Yes, shingles is cause by the chicken pox that is in your body. Shingles is a lot worse (as most things seem to be) for older adults and most people who get it do when they're in the 50's and up. Maybe the vaccine has a way to suppress the chicken pox so that it can't "reappear" as shingles.

The point of the vaccine is to contain the virus after it is reactivated. You're right, many viral infections can remain dormant in the dna of our affected cells.

Thinking about be back in work routine this week as my 1 week vacation is gonna be done tonite.. so ahhh gotta work lol but would be good to do it and save up for next vacation time to use...

I need a vacation, thinking of doing it before, I get full-time job as phlebotomist! Great way to treat myself :)

The point of the vaccine is to contain the virus after it is reactivated. You're right, many viral infections can remain dormant in the dna of our affected cells.

Correct.

I got shingles on my arm at age 35 after starting a new job with a boss that just knew how to push my buttons. I probably will get shingles again now that I am in a stressful situation at home.

Your body is already suppressing the varicella virus (chickenpox). When you are stressed out or aging, your body loses the ability to suppress, this is where the shingles vaccine comes in.

Thinking about my mower. Got a call from the shop (where the mower has been for some time now). The backordered part they've been waiting for is no longer available. They said they were able to get it started and that I can use it till it dies (well, I took it in when it died in the middle of cutting my lawn, so I don't think that's a good idea - half mowed lawn).
I've had my landlord hire someone twice now to mow my lawn while the mower's been in the shop. I've gotten kinda spoiled with that especially since they also did the trimming (which I don't do too well), but I don't know if I can afford to pay someone to do it all the time. :(
I will shop around for a new mower (hoping they're on sale now that its the end of the season) so I don't become dependent on a service (but may still hire someone to come less often to take care of the trimming).
Any suggestions for "low cost" electric push mowers?

Thinking about my mower. Got a call from the shop (where the mower has been for some time now). The backordered part they've been waiting for is no longer available. They said they were able to get it started and that I can use it till it dies (well, I took it in when it died in the middle of cutting my lawn, so I don't think that's a good idea - half mowed lawn).
I've had my landlord hire someone twice now to mow my lawn while the mower's been in the shop. I've gotten kinda spoiled with that especially since they also did the trimming (which I don't do too well), but I don't know if I can afford to pay someone to do it all the time. :(
I will shop around for a new mower (hoping they're on sale now that its the end of the season) so I don't become dependent on a service (but may still hire someone to come less often to take care of the trimming).
[ame]http://www.amazon.com/Factory-Reconditioned-Joe-MJ401E-RM-Electric/dp/B003T0FSWS/ref=sr_1_17?s=lawn-garden&ie=UTF8&qid=1350670044&sr=1-17&keywords=electric+mower[/ame]

They will ship it free too. That's a link to a specific cheap mower

Does it have to be electric? Walmart sells a cheap-ass gas powered one for $99 last I checked in the spring. What exactly does it need?

Does it have to be electric? Walmart sells a cheap-ass gas powered one for $99 last I checked in the spring. What exactly does it need?

It needs to mow, trim, plant flowers, etc all on it's own. :giggle:

Yes, I prefer an electric. That's what I've been using for about 5 years now (corded, not battery). I never did like starting a gas mower (though I'm sure there are ones now that are easy to start) plus I don't want to have to deal with the gas & oil.

I'd want a mulchinig one so I don't have to deal with bags (assuming I don't let the grass get too tall between mowings).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back