What are you thinking about? Part VI

Status
Not open for further replies.
You all are getting some seriously brutal temps. I dont think ANYONE could withstand them.

Imagine this: (taken from CNN)

(CNN) -- Brian Fitzgerald can't get away from this cold.

He lives on top of a mountain billed as having some of the worst weather in the world, New Hampshire's Mount Washington. And with temperatures of 22 degrees below zero and wind gusts of up to 100 mph, it's living up to that reputation.

"It certainly makes getting out of bed very difficult," said Fitzgerald, who lives on the mountain eight days at a stretch as a weather observer for the private Mount Washington Observatory.

Wind chills on the mountain dipped to minus 85 on Wednesday.

Lawd...have mercy!....who in their right mind would want to live in weather such as this?....brrrrr...just rading this gave me the chills....

Lawd...have mercy!....who in their right mind would want to live in weather such as this?....brrrrr...just rading this gave me the chills....

I figure once the temp gets below 20 it's pretty much all the same for me as I'm dresses about as warm as I can be by that temp. Luckily it's rare for it to be in the teens & single digits here in the mid-Atlantic, but I can remember a few times it has been.

Wirelessly posted

Thinking about the awesome weekend I have planned. Headed out to camp at the beach. May go offshore fishing if the waves permits us to. Been away from there too long. My parents coming too. Can't wait to sit by the campfire with a drink in my hand! (Yes, we are cheating. The RV and camper is already set up on the property)

Wirelessly posted

Thinking about the awesome weekend I have planned. Headed out to camp at the beach. May go offshore fishing if the waves permits us to. Been away from there too long. My parents coming too. Can't wait to sit by the campfire with a drink in my hand! (Yes, we are cheating. The RV and camper is already set up on the property)

Have fun! I cant wait to go camping again in our RV. :)

Wirelessly posted

Woot! i have reached my desination. Good night y'all. Going to pop a cap. :P

Wirelessly posted

shel90 said:
Wirelessly posted

Have fun! I cant wait to go camping again in our RV. :)

Shel, you and your family should come down here and camp with us sometime.

Wirelessly posted

I am thinking of Miami <3

taking my daughter to florida so i flipping through infomation.She Downs woman i bit apprehensive if she cope with dolphins Disneyland and waterworld be one off holiday..i dont drive worried we get around ok

I am trying not to think as it leads to the wrong thoughts.

Hungry

taking my daughter to florida so i flipping through infomation.She Downs woman i bit apprehensive if she cope with dolphins Disneyland and waterworld be one off holiday..i dont drive worried we get around ok

Hope the trip is a lot of fun, caz!...The weather is gorgeous so far...just a lot of tree pollen.

Thinking about getting ready to go to M&T Stadium (Ravens Stadium). Off to go!!

I am spending to think so lots of rough hard work. I am lots of rough changelle think so mind take as think so best :)

:hmm:Went out to do some errands and some shopping....Sad to see that Beall's was going out of business as I shop there a lot and get good bargains....drove a mile down the road and saw this big sign "Kmart going out of business".....Surprised!...??....Both stores get my business...so kinda' sad about it....

:hmm:Went out to do some errands and some shopping....Sad to see that Beall's was going out of business as I shop there a lot and get good bargains....drove a mile down the road and saw this big sign "Kmart going out of business".....Surprised!...??....Both stores get my business...so kinda' sad about it....

I just read that KMart is having such big losses, that there isn't any point to it continuing, and it's a big drain on Sears, who owns it.

I have like KMart ever since I was a kid, so I will miss it if it really goes completely out of business.

I just read that KMart is having such big losses, that there isn't any point to it continuing, and it's a big drain on Sears, who owns it.

I have like KMart ever since I was a kid, so I will miss it if it really goes completely out of business.

Perplexing questions of society, another "tangent" for "philosophy" - When is "enough is enough"?
I'm guessing that's how Dr. Phil would present the question.

I think it's really the double edged sword of capitalism. If corporations can't keep up with the dog pack, they are sent to the kennel in hopes for a new adopter until they get put down.

Strangely enough, I'm sure the people before our time had shared the same thoughts. Where are all the businesses of the WW2 era? They probably had the same experience when they disappeared before the age of big bell bottoms and groovy long hair.

Me too (liking Kmart)...took my kids there a lot and they always rode the "horsie" out front....grandkids too...heck, even I got on one.....

I liked the leiserly shopping...no carts bumping you...not a mad-house like Walmart.....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back