What are you thinking about? Part VI

Status
Not open for further replies.
let cat eat ferret treat the cat....saw someone with ferret on a lead today sweet little thing

Time flying today. Trying to get ahead of schedule with all the work left to do, but still let new people get involved. And P2V is not working, VM great once it's running, but getting there is a pain at times.

We were on our way to the mall today and saw police everywhere blocking traffic. We realized that the funeral was today for the young police officer who was shot and killed last week.

So we drove to the upper level in the parking garage and watched as they all drove by. We stopped counting after the 200th police car from all over the state went by with all their lights on.

He was a K-9 officer so there were many dogs there too. RIP Police Officer Kevin Tonno

For more than 40 years, im thinking how lucky I am that my parents made the right choice about me. I have a fantastic life. Of course I do have downs and ups but it wasn't about my hearing issue, just stupid personal issue. the last thing is that I m glad to have cats in my life. oh yea one of them is fur hard of hearing.

So frustrated right now. More car troubles. Friends not listening to me, just talking at me. Basically ignored. Had to miss my ASL lesson tonight, but at least my car broke down while I was passing by the shop I use. So my luck could be worse for that. Used to being alone, but really feeling isolated lately.

So frustrated right now. More car troubles. Friends not listening to me, just talking at me. Basically ignored. Had to miss my ASL lesson tonight, but at least my car broke down while I was passing by the shop I use. So my luck could be worse for that. Used to being alone, but really feeling isolated lately.

Just curious what kind of car was it?

I'm in the same boat as you in term of being alone and isolated. If you were local to CHicago, I would be happy to help you with ASL. The best luck to learning ASL.

Thinking I am not as good at withstanding the cold this year. I must be getting old...

HOw does someone know if a cat is deaf or HOH? I never thought a cat would be HOH. How does the cat classify herself? Is the cat more deaf or more hearing?

Thinking how it was a good exercise to walk with the kids to go sledding at the park after work.

Just curious what kind of car was it?

I'm in the same boat as you in term of being alone and isolated. If you were local to CHicago, I would be happy to help you with ASL. The best luck to learning ASL.

LMAO, you'l like this. 2000 VW Jetta 1.8T as in TURBO!!!!!

It is very zippy when not parked at the shop. 200k and still gets 30mpg on my work commute. Sadly, it's near the end. Costing more to keep it going than it worth.

This is last year when the alternator crapped out. Nothing like 90 degree weather with 3 kids in car and you break down on a busy road, under construction, at quitting time on a Friday.
soulchill-albums-public-picture5922-alternator.jpg

Thinking about how tired I am but so happy...2 of my boys have their own places and are working...now thinking about sharing an apartment together and the baby just has 1 more year to go before starting College...All 3 have girlfriends....Healthy and strong...We all got together today, was an enjoyable but lively time....guitar, skateboarding and tattoos..and weight lifting and of course just wrestling around....hard to believe how time flies!....

LMAO, you'l like this. 2000 VW Jetta 1.8T as in TURBO!!!!!

It is very zippy when not parked at the shop. 200k and still gets 30mpg on my work commute. Sadly, it's near the end. Costing more to keep it going than it worth.

This is last year when the alternator crapped out. Nothing like 90 degree weather with 3 kids in car and you break down on a busy road, under construction, at quitting time on a Friday.
soulchill-albums-public-picture5922-alternator.jpg

I used to have a 1993 Passat GLX VR6. It was fun to drive, but I have had my share of problems with it. I sympathy with you. I loved driving it, but not owning it.

Turbo rocks!!

I used to have a 1993 Passat GLX VR6. It was fun to drive, but I have had my share of problems with it. I sympathy with you. I loved driving it, but not owning it.

Turbo rocks!!

I think I got lucky. I heard a lot of problems from other people, but mine was great until about 3 years ago. The parts are just wearing out. Not sure what I'll get next, thinking about small cars or a Jeep. Gas mileage is good, but Jeep would be fun-lots of off roading places here in NC.

Not sure why being alone got to me lately. Been separated a couple of years, think I really just need to go on and file papers to get the weight off.

I think I got lucky. I heard a lot of problems from other people, but mine was great until about 3 years ago. The parts are just wearing out. Not sure what I'll get next, thinking about small cars or a Jeep. Gas mileage is good, but Jeep would be fun-lots of off roading places here in NC.

Not sure why being alone got to me lately. Been separated a couple of years, think I really just need to go on and file papers to get the weight off.

A family member of mine went ahead and filed papers to get it over with. That person felt good and is now moving on with life. The best luck with yours.

Come on over, Botti!...I'll have you in shorts and sandals in a jiffy and we'll hang out by the river or the pool with our binoculars!...(leave the Hubby at home :giggle:)

Thinking I am not as good at withstanding the cold this year. I must be getting old...

You all are getting some seriously brutal temps. I dont think ANYONE could withstand them.

Imagine this: (taken from CNN)

(CNN) -- Brian Fitzgerald can't get away from this cold.

He lives on top of a mountain billed as having some of the worst weather in the world, New Hampshire's Mount Washington. And with temperatures of 22 degrees below zero and wind gusts of up to 100 mph, it's living up to that reputation.

"It certainly makes getting out of bed very difficult," said Fitzgerald, who lives on the mountain eight days at a stretch as a weather observer for the private Mount Washington Observatory.

Wind chills on the mountain dipped to minus 85 on Wednesday.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back