What are you thinking about? Part VI

Status
Not open for further replies.
Believe there is something called "Stop Leak"....but not sure if it's for the radiator or the water pump...Might help until you can afford to fix it.....

I've spent close to $1,000 on car repairs in the past 2 months myself....Lincoln repairs are expensive and I'm ready to trade...just gonna wait until Fall.

Buy the parts yourself those places charge tons more for parts ... just looked up my truck I could replace the radiator for under $200 and that includes the radiator, both hoses, clamps, antifreeze and tax

I can't replace the radiator myself, yo might be able to buy the parts and do it yourself for cheaper but I don't know crap about fixing cars, so even if I bought the part, and honestly it's NOT that much of a mark up for parts, it's the labor that makes it expensive, and that's the part I NEED someone else to do.

Believe there is something called "Stop Leak"....but not sure if it's for the radiator or the water pump...Might help until you can afford to fix it.....

I've spent close to $1,000 on car repairs in the past 2 months myself....Lincoln repairs are expensive and I'm ready to trade...just gonna wait until Fall.

I asked the guy about that, he said it would cause more problems

I can't replace the radiator myself, yo might be able to buy the parts and do it yourself for cheaper but I don't know crap about fixing cars, so even if I bought the part, and honestly it's NOT that much of a mark up for parts, it's the labor that makes it expensive, and that's the part I NEED someone else to do.

I asked the guy about that, he said it would cause more problems

Sowwy, just trying to help :eek3:

Adjacent states. Just go put in a radiator for her!

tumblr_mcjc7jzUl11qhjgqwo1_500.gif

as long as its not pouring straight through and you can add enough to the reservoir to keep it entirely full you should be able to do that for awhile at least till it gets worse and just dumps it out really fast ... if you message me on the other site with the year, make, model and engine size of your car I'll get you a price for a radiator ... (little hint the radiator will pull it in from the reservoir as it cools off ... so check the level before and after u drive anywhere and always keep a couple gallons of extra water in your car)

Missed this one earlier, thanks, that's a good tip. I have 3 empty anitfreeze containers I'll keep full of water. Work's only 4 miles away I'll just top it off each time before I leave home and work, might be okay for a bit. My dad's probably going to help me out, thank god for family!! If he didn't live in Texas he'd do it for me :)

Sowwy, just trying to help :eek3:

no worries man, I'm not annoyed with you ;) I'm annoyed with my car. I probably should have used the bold option instead capitalizing so it didn't look like I was yelling at you lol. I wish I could do all that stuff myself!

oh yeah it's a 2004 Dodge Intrepid V6
my new neighbor the one that was out there this morning was saying to get some quotes, I'm not positive but it sounded like he could maybe help me out, so you never know, maybe I could use the info :)

I thinking to whoot on plan on nice on CYNC :) exciting on full times yay. that is nice 12 hours!

oh yeah it's a 2004 Dodge Intrepid V6
my new neighbor the one that was out there this morning was saying to get some quotes, I'm not positive but it sounded like he could maybe help me out, so you never know, maybe I could use the info :)

I searched and came up with this info .. note: there is 4 dif 6 cylinders for that make/model/year car so I used the most common engine for that year ... there may be other auto parts stores locally in your area I've never heard of but checked what I use here ... Auto Zone, Advance and Oreilly ... you'd need 4 clamps too those would be $5 to $6 bucks prolly ... plus new antifreeze which is around $10 bucks a gallon ... 2 to 3 gallons not sure the exact specs for that car ... hoses .... eh not a HAVE too thing but I'd recommend replacing those but at least the lower hose(replace it while the radiator is out since you'd lose all your coolant replacing that one and cost more if you had to replace it after the new radiator was installed) and maybe a new radiator cap which would be $5 bucks or so ...

all prices do not include tax:

Auto Zone
915 US HWY 501
MYRTLE BEACH, SC 29577
(843) 626-1964

(no pre-formed radiator hoses listed specifically for the car online but they should have them and would prolly be around the same price as the other stores)
Radiator: $136.99
Spectra Premium/Radiator (A2184) | 2004 Dodge Intrepid 6 Cylinders R 2.7L SFI DOHC | AutoZone.com

Advance Auto
Advance Auto Parts - Store 5660
1370 3Rd Ave. South
Myrtle Beach , SC 29577

Radiator: $136.99
Buy ToughOne or Ready-Rad Radiator 431409 at Advance Auto Parts
Radiator hoses: $16.99 & $15.99
Buy Dayco Curved Radiator Hose E71976 at Advance Auto Parts
Buy Dayco Curved Radiator Hose D71977 at Advance Auto Parts

Oreilly Auto
1800 Hwy 501
Myrtle Beach, SC 29577

Radiator: $135.99
Murray Heat Transfer 438009 - Radiator | O'Reilly Auto Parts
Radiator Hose-Upper: $15.99
Gates® 22419 - Molded Coolant Hose | O'Reilly Auto Parts
Radiator Hose-Lower: $22.99
Gates® 22418 - Molded Coolant Hose | O'Reilly Auto Parts

thinking I want to go camping every weekend. I love camping in my RV. :)

That I don't drink enough water on my days off :hmm: Is that a weird thought to have?

That I don't drink enough water on my days off :hmm: Is that a weird thought to have?

nope it isn't ... you know why ?? Because ... "you are so weird !!!" LOL :laugh2:

WHEW .... You are totally killing me today little lady !!! :P

My AC has been running most of the day. 8:30pm and still 85 degrees out.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back