What are you thinking about? Part VI

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wirelessly posted

rockin'robin said:
Wirelessly posted

That stinks! If you won that money , you would get a friend request from each member:lol:

Yep!....:giggle:...so Grummer, when you win that $100,00...give me a very private PM!....I'll be headed towards New Zealand on the next flight out....:laugh2:

I am going to NZ with RR :lol:

Wirelessly posted

I had an awesome time at a friend's party at the park . The Mexican party next to us had a live band, dancing and fun! Lol

I am thinking this Chinese Delivery is taking forever.

Somehow, they read our address wrong, so they cancelled the order and voided the charge. We ended up eating lunch at 4pm from somewhere else.

Somehow, they read our address wrong, so they cancelled the order and voided the charge. We ended up eating lunch at 4pm from somewhere else.

Huh. No wonder my package took few months...

Wirelessly posted

Thinking the weekend is too short. Don't want to go back to work tomorrow. Want to stay lazy for one more day.

Lots to think about.
SIL's heart surgery is scheduled for the 22nd.

Daughter (not the married one) has a hearing aid evaluation this Weds. How much will insurance pay (required in DE since she's under my plan). Do we want to use this audiologist (in our ENTs office) or my audiologist. Hopefully I can determine if this one is "good" (not crazy about the practice our ENT is now part of so that may influence my decision).

Will I get the job I interviewed for. Will I hear from any other places about opportunities this week.

And I should take advantage of the cool temps to work in the backyard (mow & attack the jungle under the pine tree). Will probably spend just the morning job hunting.

Just came back from the mechanics. My radiator is cracked, first they quoted me $662 plus tax to fix, they were going to charge me $90 to look at it then out it towards the repair, but they waived that, and before I left the was talking to me and I was all what? what? what? and he wrote down on a stucky note $467 plus tax?? and gave me a bsiness card. Shit, I so do not have that right now. I get paid on wednesday, but I have bills too. I wonder how long I can just keep filling it with water before I drive it? My work is less than 5 miles from my house.

get a secnd hand (used) one from the wreckers, and take it to the garage to change it

Just came back from the mechanics. My radiator is cracked, first they quoted me $662 plus tax to fix, they were going to charge me $90 to look at it then out it towards the repair, but they waived that, and before I left the was talking to me and I was all what? what? what? and he wrote down on a stucky note $467 plus tax?? and gave me a bsiness card. Shit, I so do not have that right now. I get paid on wednesday, but I have bills too. I wonder how long I can just keep filling it with water before I drive it? My work is less than 5 miles from my house.

Have you had more than one shop look at this?

oh, if you had a spare car or a freinds to take you there, writee the exact year, model, even type (sedan. wagon, coupe), to be sure, dont forget to get New eubber tubes, and hose clamps, not too hard to get, go to auto warehouses...like "Repco" or "Supercheap"

and thats what RR meant (in one of her jokes) about men not honest about car repairs to women...

as long as its not pouring straight through and you can add enough to the reservoir to keep it entirely full you should be able to do that for awhile at least till it gets worse and just dumps it out really fast ... if you message me on the other site with the year, make, model and engine size of your car I'll get you a price for a radiator ... (little hint the radiator will pull it in from the reservoir as it cools off ... so check the level before and after u drive anywhere and always keep a couple gallons of extra water in your car)

Have you had more than one shop look at this?

No. It overheated last night on my way home, and when I tried turning the heat on to cool it off, I got air, but cool air. I was less than five minutes from my apartment thought so I kept driving it, it stalls as I turned into my complex, pushed it the rest of the way to my apartment. Went out this morning, I had no coolant at all, now mind you I just got a tune up in March, with a coolant flush, so I lost all my coolant in 2 months, so somethings leaking. I filled the resevoir up started it up and sure enough after a couple minutes of it running it started dripping. My nieghbor came out while I was looking at it, trying to see if it was coming out a hose (but no) so he looks at it and tells me he thinks the radiator's cracked. So.....I'm pretty sure that's the problem. And Grummer it's not the part that's going to pricey, it's the labor.

i really don't want to drive it around to different shops to have them look at it, when I'm pretty sure that's the problem, I really want to drive it as little as possible, the 467 is really fair price. I looked on line avergae price for passenger vehicles is betweem 350 and 600.

Many radiators have plastic tank that can get cracked when it's time. Metal or copper radiator lasts like forever, but the downside is that it's very expensive. I had mine that was cracked and leaking, so I got a new one and so far it holds up now. When you hit potholes or rough roads it is hard on the plastic and the crack builds up.

Buy the parts yourself those places charge tons more for parts ... just looked up my truck I could replace the radiator for under $200 and that includes the radiator, both hoses, clamps, antifreeze and tax

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back