What are you thinking about? Part V

Status
Not open for further replies.
Am thinking about the upcoming surgery (again) on both ears, not a pleasent thought, tho'. The prognosis for the infection (as per the doctor) is "unknown".....Feel it's sort of ironic to have one surgery @ $65,000, then again, a few months later, have to have it again.....but on both ears now.

Damn....I assume it is too risky to do both ears at the same time?

Damn....I assume it is too risky to do both ears at the same time?

Had surgery on the left for Cholesteatoma in Nov., 2011....it's came back, along with the right one too....have a good doctor, tho'. Seems Cholesteatoma is more common than thought. As far as being "risky", it's always risky having surgery on the ear(s)....Have had 4 so far.

So far so good-no surgery in the "ear" since July 12, 2007- Cochlear implant operation. Right-have "horse shoes" under the bed! Lucky?

I am bad headahce :/ suck migrance i don't want to worst serious weird probably food I think so found it weird

I'm thinking about my bunny, Cinnamon, who has recently learned how to balance random objects on his head for several minutes at a time. It's sooooo cute! Pics to come :)

Another interesting day with Cochlear Implant exercise tonight- Latin American-Club Singles Mothers day special tonight.

In talking to my husband this morning, he said how irritated he is with a new tenant in the apts. next door because the idiot doesn't shut off his car alarm quickly if it goes off (from cat jumping on car, or whatever set it off). We haven't had a problem for some years, since we had the juvenile delinquent who would deliberately set off his parents' car alarm and let it go on & on just to harrass the other apt. dwellers and the neighbors. Fortunately, the landlord finally evicted the losers for numerous issues. So, we don't have fond memories of car alarms over there. :mad: Well, he was saying he hoped this new tenant would be more careful in the future, as much as possible. The other tenants are good in terms of their loud car stereos and turning them down, etc., when coming into their driveway and parking, etc. So, we were hoping not to go through a "siege" with rude people again as things have been going pretty peaceful under the new owner.

Anyway, after the backstory... When DH was talking about it, I realized I have *not* heard the car alarm at all, from inside our house (right next to their driveway and parking slots). *WITH* my aids in! So, with my hearing drop in the past several of years and not having new aids to accommodate that loss, I guess car alarms' vibrational sounds are no longer ones I can hear easily (maybe if I had been outside I would have heard, but not as loud as my husband would hear them). Now, I can hear bird song in the trees when I am outside with my dog. And I can hear the flute student practicing in the apt. building. And I can hear the crow who likes to sit on the tall tree out back and "pontificate" now & again. :P But not car alarms any longer, that horrid raucous noise? Well, I consider that a total BLESSING! :D

Thinking about what happened to my son Friday late evening....he told me that he went to take the trash out to the dumpster (he lives in an apartment complex)...and several kids came up to him asking for "a dollar"....my son told them he didn't have "a dollar"...and went back to his apartment on the 2nd floor.....a few minutes later, he heard a knock at the door....about 10 kids, ages from 8 to 12 (his guess)...again asked for "a dollar"...my son said No. So the kids told my son that if he did not give them a dollar, they were gonna rob his apartment!....

My son said he was amazed at that! And started laughing at them and slammed the door....I advised my son to move and complain to the management of the apartment complex.....but he likes it there, as it's cheap and all he can afford right now...."Gangs"...kids as young as 7 or 8 years old doing crimes such as this....Makes me wonder about their parents also.

Wirelessly posted

YIKES! <:O Now, that is scary! I hope he reported it to the landlord. Did he recognize any of the little punks? They may be harassing others there as well. Maybe report to police to be on lookout for groups in the area? These kids likely have no involved parents who taught them any values or supervise them. Sad. I hope your son stays safe.

Last edited:
Wirelessly posted

YIKES! <:O Now, that is scary! I hope he reported it to the landlord. Did he recognize any of the little punks? They may be harassing others there as well. Maybe report to police to be on lookout for groups in the area? These kids likely have no involved parents who taught them any values or supervise them. Sad. I hope your son stays safe.

I do too...and I advised him to try to move out of there.....even come home if necessary, but he loves his independence, paying his own bills, etc....And actually, if those "little kids" who are wannabe "punks" do rob his apartment, they are not gonna find very much! :giggle:...Even the Black Panther Party was in those same apartments, protesting a shooting not very long ago....it's a bad area, but only 2 blocks to his work (which he walks)....Feel it's more of a "scare tactic" than anything else....But kids such as this, grow up to be bonafide punks and gang members.....No telling if they have threatened any of the elderly living there on a limited income.....

I think so limit hard find out, I find out wish best figure out research :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back