What are you thinking about? Part V

Status
Not open for further replies.
Allergies and dry eyes suck. :aw: (What's sad is that I've been doing allergy shots for like 4 years or more. I was supposed to be done with them soon. But, I went back to the doctor a few weeks ago, and based on my "progress", he said that I have to do the shots "indefinetely". :()

Hmm. That's interesting about the contacts that are supposted to be harmless when they are dried. I'm so afraid that the contacts would get like stuck in my eye or something. Or really uncomfortable.

IMHO, allergy shots are not a proven way to combat allergies. I had them for a few months, and it was a pain in the ass to leave work, drive 20 mins to the office, wait 10 mins, get the shot, pay $15, drive back to work every week. Made no difference....I don't know anyone that benefited from shots other than the ones that have severe allergies.

Much easier to take half a Zyrtec 10mg pill every night.

Oh, yeah, and I am allergic to cats & dogs. We have two cats and one dog. Found out after the fact that both my kids are allergic to cats & dogs too. Can't easily get rid of animals that the whole family is attached to.....

What's next...must ice the BD cake & decorate. Then T'ai Chi Chih. Then investment counselor is coming at 4 p.m. (PST) to discuss what's going on with our small cache of retirement investments. Not looking forward to how depressing that will be, given the economy and stock market. :shock: Later BD dinner (she chose Chinese take-out & a movie here at home) & a nice evening w/ our daughter. :aw:

IMHO, allergy shots are not a proven way to combat allergies. I had them for a few months, and it was a pain in the ass to leave work, drive 20 mins to the office, wait 10 mins, get the shot, pay $15, drive back to work every week. Made no difference....I don't know anyone that benefited from shots other than the ones that have severe allergies.

Much easier to take half a Zyrtec 10mg pill every night.

I'm told that it takes a few weeks to months for the allergy shots to "build up" in your system, or whatever. But, actually, my allergies have gotten WORSE - not better - since starting allergy shots. But my bonehead doctor keeps making me get them - because he claims that it's helping my asthma. :roll:

At the shot clinic where I get shots (a good hour's drive to the city, to the nearest place who will give me the shots), I have to wait about 10 minutes for my turn, go in and take a peak-flow test (to test my lung function - you blow into a tube-thingie that measures how well your lungs are working), take a mini "symptoms test" (It's a written test - rate your symptoms 1-10, and several Yes or No questions), and THEN, depending on how good or bad I did with the peak-flow testing, I can get my shots. (One in each arm, every 2-3 weeks.) Then, I have to wait 30 minutes after the shots, and go get re-checked by the shot nurse. (It used to be 20 minutes, but now they make you wait 30 minutes.) And usually, I get bad reactions. HUGE welts on my arms, asthma attacks, rashes, eye symptoms - the works. UGH. I ususally take a Zyrtec 10 mg pill in the mornings before getting the shots. But even then, I sometimes get bad reactions. It's INSANE.

Did I ever mention how much I HATE allergy shots?!?

Sorry for the little rant; I'm not looking forward to going and getting my shots in a few days...

At the shot clinic where I get shots (a good hour's drive to the city, to the nearest place who will give me the shots), I have to wait about 10 minutes for my turn, go in and take a peak-flow test (to test my lung function - you blow into a tube-thingie that measures how well your lungs are working), take a mini "symptoms test" (It's a written test - rate your symptoms 1-10, and several Yes or No questions), and THEN, depending on how good or bad I did with the peak-flow testing, I can get my shots. (One in each arm, every 2-3 weeks.) Then, I have to wait 30 minutes after the shots, and go get re-checked by the shot nurse. (It used to be 20 minutes, but now they make you wait 30 minutes.) And usually, I get bad reactions. HUGE welts on my arms, asthma attacks, rashes, eye symptoms - the works. UGH. I ususally take a Zyrtec 10 mg pill in the mornings before getting the shots. But even then, I sometimes get bad reactions. It's INSANE.

Did I ever mention how much I HATE allergy shots?!?

Sorry for the little rant; I'm not looking forward to going and getting my shots in a few days...

Ooooohhhh....that's bad. I should not complain.....you have it much worse.

Have you been to any of the beaches on the East Coast? Whenever I go down to Ocean City or Rehoboth Beach, my sinuses clear up and I feel much better. See if you can convince your parents to move down to a beach resort or to New Mexico...:lol:

Then again, the beaches are tortuous during the summer with all the bugs that eat you alive, plus the heat & humidity will drive you insane....

My poor sis-in-law. She has always been an outdoors person. I mean, she was the only licensed female sawyer in Missouri. She loves to garden and do all this stuff outside. Well, just this Spring, she now has very severe allergies to grass, plants and trees. She cannot handle being outdoors anymore. The doctors have tried so many different allergy medicines and nothing works.

My poor sis-in-law. She has always been an outdoors person. I mean, she was the only licensed female sawyer in Missouri. She loves to garden and do all this stuff outside. Well, just this Spring, she now has very severe allergies to grass, plants and trees. She cannot handle being outdoors anymore. The doctors have tried so many different allergy medicines and nothing works.

It is happening everywhere, as we had a record warm winter and now we are paying dearly. Up here in the swampy Delmarva Peninsula, we are dreading the upcoming tick & flea infestations......

It is happening everywhere, as we had a record warm winter and now we are paying dearly. Up here in the swampy Delmarva Peninsula, we are dreading the upcoming tick & flea infestations......

Have had allergies for years....but it gets better as you age....As for flea & tick infestations.....:Ohno:...hate 'em with a passion. But keep my doggie & kitty protected. My doggie (a Pomeranian) became "resistant" to Advantage...so now I use Comfortis, a very small pill....And use Flea Spray in my house about every 3-6 months .

hey everyone i do ready quit on hosting soon :) I moved to alldeaf go ahead process serious :/ I am do best effort asl process and plus research effort exciting to I am enjoy Alldeaf!

Good idea I am sold on hosting

I am thinking about this image,
sblto6.jpg

:ugh3: :fruit:

I'm thinking about getting my hair colored. If I do, then I have to change shampoo as my shampoo will strip out the hair color.

Am thinking how much I dislike having to drive my boys to school whenever they miss the bus....5 miles and fighting the early AM traffic while drinking coffee...fortunately, it doesn't happen too often, tho'.

You are a good mama. <3

I'm thinking about getting my hair colored. If I do, then I have to change shampoo as my shampoo will strip out the hair color.

Oh, do it! It's only hair, you can change it again if you don't like it. I tried to go blonde but the dye made my hair orange! So I just went back to my natural color. But at least I tried it. It felt good to be brave to try.

I'm thinking of my school workload finally being over for the semester. I like school, but my parents push me very hard and I can't take it anymore. I want to be like a normal college kid without rushing through in 2 years when it normally takes 4 years. Ugg!

to eat what lunch ?

gotta chomp before my batting practice w/ my team today.

I'm thinking of my school workload finally being over for the semester. I like school, but my parents push me very hard and I can't take it anymore. I want to be like a normal college kid without rushing through in 2 years when it normally takes 4 years. Ugg!

You're finishing uni in 2 years when it should take 4?!? hats off to you!

I think a few took a handful of crabby pills with their coffee this morning. :lol:

I look likes greats consider myself rough! hmm I think so try best :)

How many units are you taking? Why are they pushing you to get through college in 2 years?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back