What are you thinking about? Part V

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm not brushing anything off actually. Your statement that "majority of people who are deaf use one or the other" was your opinion, not based on any factual information. Please speak for yourself. Your views don't represent "every one of us".

No, not every one of you. You are 100% correct.

But, the majority. The majority of the Deaf choose one form of communication over another. That is actually a fact. That I stand behind, 100%. So, it's not one bit unthinkable a parent would ask what their child's communication method is.

Yeah. Right now I am watching Joey closely. Even after his cancer surgery, I have my suspicions that he isn't well.

The doctor didn't find anything else, but he just seems slowed down and unwell.

Hope he's feeling better slowly in a positive way. did he eat?

Hope he's feeling better slowly in a positive way. did he eat?

Yes, he does eat. Maybe not as enthusiastic as before, and when I go walking, they go in their crates and have a snack and a nap.

Yesterday, he just looked at me glassy eyed from the sofa, and didn't want to get up for that. So I just left him while I went walking, and he hadn't moved when I came back.

Maybe he just needs more recovery time. I hope .

CSign said:

Please show me where I'm making assumptions about anything. You're right, it's not funny you view my comments as ignorant. That probably wasn't the best choice of words. I've also had more than the "few experiences" you implied...

It certainly was the right choice of words. I'm sorry you disagree. After you've had 40 years' experience of kids and parents overassuming things, then you might see otherwise. A year with your deaf son at a park with a couple of what-you-deemed-ignorant parents by asking of your child's choice of communications is by FAR by not a workable example. Sorry, I stand by my statement that you are only seeking attention at this point. It's what you will see for the REST of YOUR LIFE as being the mother of a deaf son that you will get asked this question. Get over the butt-hurt of it and find an appropriate response for it. My parents did. Everybody does. Everybody learns from experience. It takes time.

Yeah. i hope. he eats which is good. So, tomorrow is monday, maybe you will know how he is doing. Then you will know what to do next. Hope hes feeling better.

Yeah. i hope. he eats which is good. So, tomorrow is monday, maybe you will know how he is doing. Then you will know what to do next. Hope hes feeling better.

After I wrote that, he just now got up on the sofa, and wagging his tail at me, and sat down in my lap.

And I am cooking dinner, so I am guessing that means he is hungry and happy about it.

He seems fine.. I guess it's a little bit up and down. And it hasn't been that long since surgery. He may come out of it okay.

It certainly was the right choice of words. I'm sorry you disagree. After you've had 40 years' experience of kids and parents overassuming things, then you might see otherwise. A year with your deaf son at a park with a couple of what-you-deemed-ignorant parents by asking of your child's choice of communications is by FAR by not a workable example. Sorry, I stand by my statement that you are only seeking attention at this point. It's what you will see for the REST of YOUR LIFE as being the mother of a deaf son that you will get asked this question. Get over the butt-hurt of it and find an appropriate response for it. My parents did. Everybody does. Everybody learns from experience. It takes time.

:roll: You didn't read my OP clearly enough. It's ok. Time to move on.

:roll: You didn't read my OP clearly enough. It's ok. Time to move on.

Sure, no problem. I hope you are able to get least one other response from any other family that can help you with the issues you are feeling, considering you posted this yesterday and nobody has stepped forward and you wish to throw out any and all points I have made. Case closed.

Sure, no problem. I hope you are able to get least one other response from any other family that can help you with the issues you are feeling, considering you posted this yesterday and nobody has stepped forward and you wish to throw out any and all points I have made. Case closed.

Actually, I was sharing what I was "thinking about" in that moment. It really is a non-issue for me at this point. I don't care to engage this dialogue any further, so I've gone back and removed my posts.

I've seen you state and imply multiple times how you don't like this forum, that you're going to leave, that you want to leave, it's your "last post", that you want your account removed etc..

http://www.alldeaf.com/general-chat/100406-beware-latest-scam-alldeaf-com-3.html#post2049611

Given all that you've said, why do you continue to log in and post here?

Just some food for thought... An expression that could be relevant... "Say what you mean, and mean what you say"...

You are in control... You don't need to be subjected to this torment any longer.

i am thinking about someone who likes to tell others what to do when they have self issues. LOL

I am thinking of a good friend from the Deaf church I was going to, who also goes to the Deaf coffee chats that I still go to. She works for our local school district (don't know what capacity), but she is Deaf and a whiz with ASL. She also know tactile sign.

Anyway, she has offered to teach me ASL one-on-one. We are working out a day/night and time.

I am thinking of a good friend from the Deaf church I was going to, who also goes to the Deaf coffee chats that I still go to. She works for our local school district (don't know what capacity), but she is Deaf and a whiz with ASL. She also know tactile sign.

Anyway, she has offered to teach me ASL one-on-one. We are working out a day/night and time.

Hope at least one of your kids can participate so you'll have someone at home to practice with. We don't practice nearly enough at home but we do sometimes use it. Daughter was using it in church today with me...but wasn't talking about anything chuch related. I fingerspelled Mass and turned my eyes back to the altar. Kids! :)

Hope at least one of your kids can participate so you'll have someone at home to practice with. We don't practice nearly enough at home but we do sometimes use it. Daughter was using it in church today with me...but wasn't talking about anything chuch related. I fingerspelled Mass and turned my eyes back to the altar. Kids! :)

My son might and daughter does use just a little.

she told me against to me jeez ladybug said regret to insult to me 0.o stupid! she is not fair, I report her! i don't care she afraid out worry and afriad panic that is point serious!s she trollling

Imma thinkin when to grab a bite... maybe a bowl of honey nut cheerios.. :D

Where are a lot of the regular posters? :(

Off doing their own thing here and there.

Sometimes we all need a little break here and there.

They pop in once in a while here and there.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back