What are you thinking about? Part V

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah which makes me think that this would be very doable if I were to go to Uni full-time and try to maintain around 20-30 hours per week on my schedule so I can make bills.

I just absolutely do not want to end up back at Walmart!

I wouldn't wish walmart job on anybody!

I wouldn't wish walmart job on anybody!

Like times one million!

I was there from February until August of 2009. I hated it. Of course I just took the job after I got laid off from PJP until I could find full-time work elsewhere, which ended up being Tyson.

I was with Walmart total of 4 years I think. That is enough. Don't get me wrong, I was glad to have a job when I needed it.. but not fun place to work.

I was with Walmart total of 4 years I think. That is enough. Don't get me wrong, I was glad to have a job when I needed it.. but not fun place to work.

For me, their scheduled work hours are just too wild and you cannot plan for ANYTHING at all outside of work. Plus, you end up with split days off, never two days in a row. Never. Also, everyone is guaranteed to work full shifts on weekends unless you are a department manager. The only days Walmart closes is on Christmas Eve and Christmas Day. Boo.

For me, their scheduled work hours are just too wild and you cannot plan for ANYTHING at all outside of work. Plus, you end up with split days off, never two days in a row. Never. Also, everyone is guaranteed to work full shifts on weekends unless you are a department manager. The only days Walmart closes is on Christmas Eve and Christmas Day. Boo.

they have changed in recent times concerning hours. Last 3 years, I had regular hours with 2 days off in a row..

As for managers, I was told (dunno if it is true or not since it hasen't happen while I was working ) that they are gonna make department managers start working weekends too..

But for assitance managers, they have to work weekends also. They work a rotating 3 weeks.

So managers aren't getting much better than us now except for Store managers.

they have changed in recent times concerning hours. Last 3 years, I had regular hours with 2 days off in a row..

As for managers, I was told (dunno if it is true or not since it hasen't happen while I was working ) that they are gonna make department managers start working weekends too..

But for assitance managers, they have to work weekends also. They work a rotating 3 weeks.

So managers aren't getting much better than us now except for Store managers.

If that is the case then, the Walmart I worked at was in violation, if there was any regarding work hours. My schedule was so wild it often looked something like this:
M: 6:00-11:00 Tu: OFF Wed: 3:30-12:00 Th: OFF F: 4:00-12:00 Sat: 6:00-2:00 Sun: 9:00-5:00

Then the following week would be something completely different with split days off.

As for department managers working weekends, I think the under employees kept throwing fits until they finally realized they are going to have to start treating everyone like crap to make it fair, not just the hourly employees.

I think alot depends on the state. Hours were better here in Texas than it was in Missouri. Then again, it was 5 years in between those two jobs so they might have changed their policy. Keep in mind, I was working overnights most of those times so overnight usually have more stable hours and schedules.

As of 3 years ago, Missouri was still crappy with their hours. My mother used to work for WalMart and I worked for Sam's Club.

From what I understand, store managers are required to be there at least 6 days a week. They get one day off, however they get a very nice benefits package like 3 weeks paid vacation along with holidays off. However, they usually put in 12 hour days. I'm thinking store managers are just as badly off as everyone else in terms of hours but their pay is great.

No it's 4 days 12 hours and 3 day off rotating every 3 weeks.

However they do get paid very well if they get bonuses. I was told by one that he got over 100 grand a year most of time.

On top of that, they switch days and night every year.

Around here, you are lucky if you even see a store manager at all. The only managers I ever see are the front end managers. Once a month I will see all the store managers having a massive conversation in the middle of the candy aisle. Then, all of a sudden, there was a district manager here, he was asking different employees about the lack of management at any given time and boy were his eyes opened. Now we have all new managers and they are there quite a bit. They are all over the store and sometimes they are cleaning up and straightening up shelves and such. There was a massive rush of customer due to an approaching possible tropical storm and low and behold, 3 managers are running a check out register and a fourth was at the doors helping people load their cars at the door.

That's pretty rare to see them like that.. Most of them do have an ego.. I had one write me up cause I refused to stay later Sunday morning so I can go to church..

He said that I should stay and finish job like everybody else.. Went to store manager, he said it was out of his hands.. :roll: so I appealed to district manager and he came and talked to me and told them to take it off.. Never had a problem with Sunday morning again.

No it's 4 days 12 hours and 3 day off rotating every 3 weeks.

However they do get paid very well if they get bonuses. I was told by one that he got over 100 grand a year most of time.

On top of that, they switch days and night every year.

Probably got changed after I left. Are those days off split to where they are working just every other day for 12 hours?

At any walmart, where there is a CSM theres a FE manager somewhere nearby.

I just wonder do store managers get to decide amongst themselves what days they will work or are their schedules subject to a computer spit out like the hourly workers?

Probably got changed after I left. Are those days off split to where they are working just every other day for 12 hours?

At any walmart, where there is a CSM theres a FE manager somewhere nearby.

I just wonder do store managers get to decide amongst themselves what days they will work or are their schedules subject to a computer spit out like the hourly workers?

They work 4 days in a row, then off 4 days in a row..

Store manager dictates their work schedule, I know cause I saw their schedule on board in Manager's office when I was in there for ICS meetings.
It was handwritten.

Just rememberd that it was 4 days on and 4 days off.. not 3 days off..

I am now thinking we have a wonderful neighbor. She came to the door and asked me to go look at some curtains she found in her attic space, then remembered my leg issues. She brought them over and they are the perfect color and all for my new living room. If we decide to not use them in the living room, mother would love them in her bedroom as they will also go with her paint choice in the bedroom. Full lined drapes with a backing to cut the heat and valances included. No charge and she will hold onto them until our construction is done. Also, she has 2 extra sets of patio furniture she is getting rid of. I get to go over and choose the set I want, then she will give the other to her brother. We get first dibs since we were instrumental in getting the brother to move out of her house. She had been trying for a year, but when we got here, she was concerned since he is a registered sex offender and I have a 17 y/o daughter, she contacted the parole officer about it and they required him to move out.

Think that my cat's diabetes is winning the fight. She has not been doing well. :(

I am thinking how beautiful the lake is at this time of year. The trees are starting to change color, and the water is so calm. We might go kayaking after schooling is done. I also think I need a cup of hot tea!

Hope your cats will be ok.

Just have a lot on my mind these days.

Alley Cat - hope Kitty begins to perk up soon.

Shel - Just take it one step at a time. Things will work themselves out in the end.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back