What are you thinking about? Part IV

Status
Not open for further replies.
Im thinking about something I probably shouldnt post on here, hehe. Also thinking about what to do tomorrow, and wondering if I will get good sleep tonight.

I'm thinking how is it possible that even after three years their death feels like yesterday? I miss them so much... I want to hug them until they groan and say I love you one more time. Please, come back :(

I am thinking that Casey Anthony has jedi powers. That is the only explanation .... I mean, if you recall that little hand wave she motioned at the jury ... :hmm:

I am thinking: "What did I do to my ankle?" It hurts!!

I figure out expect to slow on grrr on seems on restore computer! :lol:

I am thinking: "What to do next?"

:lol: Don't worry, you're not the only one I am snarky with! And look that up on dictionary.com, too. :P

No, you're a good sport, really... keep it up! :ty:

our welcome pleasure :) buddy liza I do

I have nice my haircut!

I willl posts show images :lol:

Anyone remembers their first days at elementary school? I remember in 1st grade or so when I went to a school in Frenso. Oh my gosh! I remember when being asked by a teacher I barely knew that if I know how to add/subtract things. This teacher knew I was deaf so she tapped on my shoulder and showed me this paper with addition/subtraction problems on it. I shook my head. Didn't know how to do it and proceeded on playing with something in the classroom.

It was really memorable because it was the first day I started learning. Learned cursive writing from a to z on paper many times during the days of school. Couple time I was explained to how to tell time from this one clock on the wall. Man. It was a male teacher who showed me what the "long ARM" and "short ARM" mean. He pointed to them too, although I didn't understand it. It was probably too premature for me to learn that, but I remembered it. Every words.

Just want to thanks my school for getting to where I am today. Of course, my parents helped too. I remember hating to write a book report on Christopher Columbus and had to miss recess because I didn't finish it. Oh gosh... I remember sitting with other kids and one of them wrote Spanish and English words mixed in the book report. I remember the teacher saying she got Spanish and English all over the paper. I was right there when she said that. There's more, but man, memories. childhood memories.

Anyone remember the exact moments/words when they were very young?

I just had some horribly bad news from a friend of mine. His nephew is serving in the Army, was sent to Afghanistan about two months or so ago. The young man stepped on a land-mine a couple weeks ago, lived, but has lost both his legs. He is now in a rehab hospital where he is likely to stay for about a year.

My heart is breaking for him. He's only about 22 or 23, I think.

O... man that really... I'm speechless. Only 22 or 23 and lost his legs to a land mine. I cant say for him as I haven't experience such a event. But I hope he'll pull through and find that is more to life for him. He still has a list of things to do like see the world, get a priceless education, help other people, etc.

I hope so too. I met him a few years ago when he, his mom, and my friend stayed at our beach house with us for about a week. He was a charming, bright, serious, thoughtful (in both senses of the word) young man. He really wanted to do service in the military as part of his over-all education, I guess you could say. In other words, not as a career, but he wanted to be a part of it, get the leadership experience, so on and so forth. A bit of adventure, too, I'm sure he thought.

Now he's got, I hope, a lifetime of 50 or 60 years ahead of him, potentially, and will have to use a wheelchair, I'd guess, for the rest of his life. Don't know if there's any possibility of using prosthetic legs; it's too early to tell. A double-amputee has it tough.

So many fine young man are in this situation now, with the use of land-mines all over Afghanistan. Thank God we have enough medical skill to save these guys, but what he must be thinking right now... What a sacrifice he made to serve his country.

I hope so too. I met him a few years ago when he, his mom, and my friend stayed at our beach house with us for about a week. He was a charming, bright, serious, thoughtful (in both senses of the word) young man. He really wanted to do service in the military as part of his over-all education, I guess you could say. In other words, not as a career, but he wanted to be a part of it, get the leadership experience, so on and so forth. A bit of adventure, too, I'm sure he thought.

Now he's got, I hope, a lifetime of 50 or 60 years ahead of him, potentially, and will have to use a wheelchair, I'd guess, for the rest of his life. Don't know if there's any possibility of using prosthetic legs; it's too early to tell. A double-amputee has it tough.

So many fine young man are in this situation now, with the use of land-mines all over Afghanistan. Thank God we have enough medical skill to save these guys, but what he must be thinking right now... What a sacrifice he made to serve his country.

He is going to be ok as long as he has all the support from his family and friends. one of my really good friends happened the same thing to him, lost both of his legs, but he didnt have the support from his wife, as soon as he got to the states she went to the hospital to see him and told him that he should forget about her and their 2 kids because she told them he was dead, she said she didnt want to be with someone who wouldnt be able to do anything for her anymore. when that happened he was devastated, didnt want to live anymore.. but with his dad and his friends he got better, its been over a year now, hes got prosthetic legs, is back in school and has sole custody of both kids. so as long as there is full support he will be ok after a while.

I hope you're right. That's encouraging to hear about the dual prosthetic legs.

This young man is not married, and far as I know, no girlfriend, but he certainly has the support of his family.

Would it be dumb for me to make him a "lap afghan?" Some people bake cherry pies; I crochet or knit stuff. I made a nice "lap-ghan" for my elderly uncle a couple years ago; maybe I should make another one now for this young man.

I'm glad he has a supportive family. He will need them for sure in the coming time. I could not imagine having to go through what this man had VOLUNTEERED to do.

I hope you're right. That's encouraging to hear about the dual prosthetic legs.

This young man is not married, and far as I know, no girlfriend, but he certainly has the support of his family.

Would it be dumb for me to make him a "lap afghan?" Some people bake cherry pies; I crochet or knit stuff. I made a nice "lap-ghan" for my elderly uncle a couple years ago; maybe I should make another one now for this young man.

Maybe contact Amputee Coalition :: Resources for amputees, amputation, limb loss, limb difference, peer support and more and ask them if a lap-ghan would be appropriate.

I can imagine he may misinterpret it as you thinking he wants to hide his injury.

Good idea.

I wasn't thinking at all about hiding his injury - sort of hard to hide the absence of both legs! - but more to just have something warm and cozy. Right now he's undergoing a lot of surgery and rehab; I don't know if he's even into a wheelchair yet.

Thanks for the resource.

What (or who) is in alabama ??

:) that's for me to know and you to find out. haha...no, my ex-boyfriend. We broke up at Easter because the long distance relationship was taking its toll on us but we miss each other too much to stay apart for long.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back