What are you thinking about? Part II

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thank you Bott, Frisky, Shel and Doug for the birthday wishes!!
(My phone won't let me multi quote so I hope I didn't miss anybody!!!)

I'm thinking I can sleep for 10 more minutes before getting up at 530 to get ready for our day!!

hope the day goes well!! :)

am thinking how cold it is today :( seeing my boyfriend later, we're going for a walk at this huge park and just chill. am thinking am excited about tomorrow, having a girlie night in at my friend's whom has just moved to 5 mins away from me compared to almost an hour before, woohoo

I'm thinking the forum is ticking along with hotly debated issues and doing just fine with no person being called names or being told they are stupid and will never learn.

I am also thinking that when your heart stops, your brain starts to dies instantly. I wonder if in the time it takes to revive a person, the part of the brain that causes you to have inhibition can be ruined.

That is one of the first parts to go in dementia, so that a first clue is often when the person says things completely inappropriate that otherwise they would not have dreamed of saying.

Thinking how great it is to have made some good friends here at AD

I'm thinking the forum is ticking along with hotly debated issues and doing just fine with no person being called names or being told they are stupid and will never learn.

I am also thinking that when your heart stops, your brain starts to dies instantly. I wonder if in the time it takes to revive a person, the part of the brain that causes you to have inhibition can be ruined.

That is one of the first parts to go in dementia, so that a first clue is often when the person says things completely inappropriate that otherwise they would not have dreamed of saying.

If you are referring to to a certain poster who just got banned, I have not noted any changes in her posting style since her cardiac arrest. If I'm not mistaken she was banned 5 times before that event. Clearly she was saying inappropriate stuff and got banned as a result in the past.

I do not know how long her heart stopped beating. It will decay after five minitues or so I'm told. I do not make any claims to being knowleable about stuff like this. Nor do I know if she was brain dead or how long she was brain dead.

For the record, I have not observed any changes in her posting style since her cardiac arrest other than that she hasn't posted as much as before her arrest.

She may have issues but I don't think dementia is one of them.

If you are referring to to a certain poster who just got banned, I have not noted any changes in her posting style since her cardiac arrest. If I'm not mistaken she was banned 5 times before that event. Clearly she was saying inappropriate stuff and got banned as a result in the past.

I do not know how long her heart stopped beating. It will decay after five minitues or so I'm told. I do not make any claims to being knowleable about stuff like this. Nor do I know if she was brain dead or how long she was brain dead.

For the record, I have not observed any changes in her posting style since her cardiac arrest other than that she hasn't posted as much as before her arrest.

I think the posting style is far more vitriolic and has more extreme personal attacks.

And I don't think dementia either. It is just that that is the first area of the brain that goes.

Lack of inhibition is what it would have in common and what I wonder if can be lost in the revival scenario.

I know of quite a few people, family members included, who have had heart attacks, both natural or those brought on my medical screw ups and none of those people had any cognitive loss. They were just as sharp and on track as anybody else. Never had any memory loss or anything.

I do and did admire her for her intellect....but I've been on the receiving end of her tirade of insults too. When reading the thread about Obama being a Muslim....some of her responses were uncalled for....I knew she was quite angry about it.....anyhow, for what it's worth, hoping she will come back again!...I'm sure AD miss her and she has always been helpful to others in some aspects.

I think the posting style is far more vitriolic and has more extreme personal attacks.

And I don't think dementia either. It is just that that is the first area of the brain that goes.

Lack of inhibition is what it would have in common and what I wonder if can be lost in the revival scenario.

really? it's same ole' Jillio to me but with extra kick :lol:

I know of quite a few people, family members included, who have had heart attacks, both natural or those brought on my medical screw ups and none of those people had any cognitive loss. They were just as sharp and on track as anybody else. Never had any memory loss or anything.

I have seen the opposite in a family member who had that same scenario. Not a heart attack, but heart stopped and then revived.

its like deaf skeptic said depends on how long the brain is deprived of oxygen. ranges from 1 to 2 minutes and have really mild memory loss or damage to 9 to 10 minutes without oxygen anything to that time or after that would probably be considered brain dead.

I doubt it was 5 sec. She was at hospital when she had a cardiac arrest so she had an immediate medical attention when she had a bad allergic reaction to antibiotic.

its like deaf skeptic said depends on how long the brain is deprived of oxygen. ranges from 1 to 2 minutes and have really mild memory loss or damage to 9 to 10 minutes without oxygen anything to that time or after that would probably be considered brain dead.

Right . I am thinking the one or two minutes, but can that cause you to be less inhibited?

I am thinking this discussion about dementia should be dropped before people start revealing double-standards...

there you go.

:lol: What do you mean "There I go?"

I get tense and painful abdomen every time she comes here, because I know she will start right in chasing people she hates around and saying something horrible to their every post.

I don't see why it is ok if she spreads it out to more than one person.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back