What are you doing right now?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Having a 2012 “Summer Folly” ROSÉ made by George Michel (not Micheal, not that singer)...its a nice wine indeed.its made from pinot noir grapes entirely...excellent...
normally a rose is a combination of a white and a red, like chardonnay and a merlot..or similar..
you can get sauvignon blanc as rose's too...but nah it'd be too thin...

“Thick, heady nose with a slice of fruit through it and an easy going palate that leaves a soft and simple impression. Jolly stuff with nice manners.” Hospitality Magazine, January 2013
- See more at: Awards and Accolades | Georges Michel Wine Estate

Georges-Michel-Wine-Estate-Summer-Folly-2012_zps6fd0bf36.jpg

That seems a nice Rose there Grummer.

I'm on the 16 year old tawny port at the moment. just a glass... or two.
That's the trouble with port, I go from sober to smashed in .00002 of a second. One minute it's unicorns, rainbows, and butterflies, next minute Hello Floor.

Typing each letter out on here at this moment to answer the thread's question one letter at a time. Now pressing "post quick reply" with my mouse.

That seems a nice Rose there Grummer.

I'm on the 16 year old tawny port at the moment. just a glass... or two.
That's the trouble with port, I go from sober to smashed in .00002 of a second. One minute it's unicorns, rainbows, and butterflies, next minute Hello Floor.

:laugh2::laugh2:

tawny? have you tried ruby or white port? Ruby is really nice..i hazard a guess most port makers likes to hide their imperfection with tawny (wood)...so i saying i reckon ruby ports shows how good they really are...just my opinion...but hey i shouldnt say this, as im quite inexperienced with port, only had 5 or so bottles in my life, got 1 bottle in cardboard (an army version, yes that , dunno name not gonna raid the whisky safe its deeply hidden in 'junk room' hard to walk in LOL...

yes that rose was excellent, really really nice, NZ makes very good rose, i also have an australian one, which is a top one, some $500 a case...only got 1 bottle, not the case, i snapped it up cuz very difficult to get this one as in bottle only buy, not case buy...whew, gonna have it next month! will report that ok

Charles Melton Rosé of Virginia 2012

5 Star

“This magenta pink Barossa wine is consistently one of Australia’s best rosés”

93 Points (out of 100)
2012 celebrates a historic milestone with the Rosé of Virginia being made for 25 consecutive years by Charles Melton. Rated by James Halliday as one of the leading producers of rosé, Charles Melton Rose of Virginia is a benchmark of this style and not one to be missed!

“Named after a “flaxen-haired beauty” (Charles Melton’s wife, Virginia), this magenta pink Barossa wine is consistently one of Australia’s best rosés. The new 2012 continues the theme, with juicy red-berry aromas, fragrant floral and rosewater overtones, and a succulent, fruity, dryish palate that’s light, fresh and lingering.” - Ralph Kyte-Powell, The Age Epicure, July 2012

This light-to-medium bodied rosé is fresh, zesty and full of character. A wine with a bright and sexy magenta hue with real vivacity. A beautiful lifted Grenache perfume, with the full spectrum of berry fruits, but also a spicy, and ever so slight grassy herbal note to keep it in the grown up range of flavours. The Shiraz, Cabernet Sauvignon and Pinot
Meunier components provide focus and depth of structure whilst still maintaining crispness and a ‘light on her feet’ mouth feel.

lol

What a rose id like to get next is a

Rockburn Stolen Kiss Central Otago Rose 2013

flirtatious toffee-apple and simmering strawberry

The sweetly frivolous and fruity side of Central Otago Pinot Noir is bound up in this bottle of Stolen Kiss rosé; once unleashed into your glass its candy-floss and crème-brûlée aromas shall sashay into a flirtatious toffee-apple and simmering strawberry palate smeared with cherry lip-gloss; most fun to drink chilled on sultry summer afternoons and evenings.

Rockburn takes its name from the harsh rock strewn, burn scarred landscape of Central Otago. The region is renowned for its stunning scenery of rugged mountains and picturesque lakes. Rockburn has two vineyards, a 8 hectare block in Gibbston valley and 24 hectares at Parkburn north of Cromwell. It is a combination of its unique continental climate and alluvial soil types that gives Central Otago wines their distinctive elegance. Hand tendered vines are painstakingly cared for by our viticulturist before premium parcels of fruit are passed on to winemaker Malcolm Rees-Francis. Rockburn is about being proud to be from Central Otago and producing quality wines from dynamic vineyard sites and an incredibly picturesque part of New Zealand and the world.

and no, im not all rose crazy, i have a bit of everything, even sauternes...

Cheers!

Wirelessly posted

Trying to go back to sleep lol

Wishing my son's friend didn't have his birthday party on a Sunday. I really do not like doing activities on Sundays.

Catching up on things so I can go cook dinner. I have been gone all afternoon.

Wworking on my bad foot with emu oil. Doing it everyday and seeing progress where there was none for years. It finally got through the thick skull. I have to do it, that's all. Not a big deal really. At first tough weeks later still tough but seeing progress. Poor feet take a beating.

Right now I'm dying my hair :) no really it's already in there I'm waiting for the 30 minutes to be up to rinse it out.

Wirelessly posted (ZTE X501 Phone/Asus Tablet)

I'm sitting here and being sleepy, and just relaxing.

Wworking on my bad foot with emu oil. Doing it everyday and seeing progress where there was none for years. It finally got through the thick skull. I have to do it, that's all. Not a big deal really. At first tough weeks later still tough but seeing progress. Poor feet take a beating.

I use to stand for 12+ hours when I worked in the pharmacy. Had foot surgery many years ago. My feet use to cause me so much pain. One thing I did which worked was......the small plastic bottles of water....freeze them, sit in a chair and roll the bottom of your feet, back and forth. If your feet don't like ice, you can put warm water and do the same.

Good luck:=)

What color did you go with, anything exciting????

Nothing exciting yet. For now just dark blonde. My hair lightened up a lot and got very yellow over the summer. I died it medium blonde on Monday but it didn't change it much, just made it less brassy.

I'd been debating dark blonde (I do that often for the winter) red very very red, or a really light blonde on the crown of my head and purple underneath. Not the bottom half of the length but like put my hair in a pony tail from the ears up, that'd be very very light blonde, and the hair from ears down, the underneath would be purple. So you wouldn't really see it unless my hair is up. Which it is like all the time. But first really I need to find out if that kosher at my new job. If not I'll go as red as I can, but I figured that would work better on a dark blonde than the light/medium blonde I was.

Nothing exciting yet. For now just dark blonde. My hair lightened up a lot and got very yellow over the summer. I died it medium blonde on Monday but it didn't change it much, just made it less brassy.

I'd been debating dark blonde (I do that often for the winter) red very very red, or a really light blonde on the crown of my head and purple underneath. Not the bottom half of the length but like put my hair in a pony tail from the ears up, that'd be very very light blonde, and the hair from ears down, the underneath would be purple. So you wouldn't really see it unless my hair is up. Which it is like all the time. But first really I need to find out if that kosher at my new job. If not I'll go as red as I can, but I figured that would work better on a dark blonde than the light/medium blonde I was.

Red is such a hard hair color to maintain. I have strawberry blonde hair with unwanted grey highlights:giggle:

Red is such a hard hair color to maintain. I have strawberry blonde hair with unwanted grey highlights:giggle:

Haha. My hair refuses to be anything but blonde, but red is extra to keep, lasts about a month before it's blonde again. :/ I really want to the super blonde and purple though :) I've wanted to do that since last summer.

Thinking about how badly I have to pee.... but how warm I am in my bed with my laptop.... EVERY TIME I lay down man.... :mad:

3408a53496fb446eecda335b2a33e9df6522899dde3a080ed63c7a0f80611750.jpg

I'm also thinking I stumbled across this when looking for a meme and it made me laugh really hard... then it motivated me to get up... :laugh2:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back