What Anime Have You Watched Lately?

The Girl Who Lept Through Time. I was simply expecting something very different from what it was. It wasn't terrible, but I won't likely watch it again.

GitS:SAC I liked better than the movies cause I saw it first, I think, lol.

I 100% recommend Haibane Renmei to anyone at all who can get their hands on it, it's by far my favorite show, ever. It's not "action-y" though, if that's your thing.

Any recommendations?
That's probably why you liked it better.

I saw both movies first before I even knew they had a television series. I finally got my hands on the television series and watched that. One thing that was a bit annoying was how she was always wearing the same outfit everywhere. Made the story a bit unrealistic.

I've been working my way through the Studio Ghibli anime films with my daughter. I've been blown away by them and they've been a bonding experience for me and my daughter. Some of them have touched me at a deep emotional level unlike much of the Hollywood stuff. The ones that particularly affected me were:
Spirited Away, Whisper of the Heart, My Neighbour Totoro & Howl's Moving Castle.
But I've enjoyed all the ones I've watched (11 so far & still counting). I've been buying 'My Neighbour Totoro' (or "Neighbor") DVDs as gifts for my friends who are parents of youngish children.

I've also watched 'Akira'. Loved the graphics! I remember the weaving light patterns of the motorbikes. Not so gripped by the story.

I particularly want to watch 'Ghost in the Shell' & 'Neon Genesis Evangelion'.
I've seen Howl's Moving Castle and Spirited Away. Those are good movies. There's another anime that came out not long ago... Ponyo.

Akira is actually the anime that got me into anime.

Rurouni Kenshin is good, Vampire Hunter D and of course Ninja Scroll. We have some goofy ones that are good for a laugh like Ranma 1/2 and Tenchi Muyo. Considering my favorite movie ever is City Hunter with Jackie Chan, don't trust my taste too much :laugh2:
You ever see the second Vampire Hunter D?

Which Tenchi Muyo did you watch? They have many different versions and different series.

That's probably why you liked it better.

I saw both movies first before I even knew they had a television series. I finally got my hands on the television series and watched that. One thing that was a bit annoying was how she was always wearing the same outfit everywhere. Made the story a bit unrealistic.

Yeah, I'm sure it was at least partially the "which did I see first" effect, though since the SACs were later, they also had smoother art, which I liked, too.

Never really thought about the "always wearing the same outfit" aspect - post-rationalizing it, her entire body is robotic, so it makes sense that she'd never need to change outfits, but realistically it's more that it's a show so I merely didn't think about it or notice it, lol.

Yeah, I'm sure it was at least partially the "which did I see first" effect, though since the SACs were later, they also had smoother art, which I liked, too.

Never really thought about the "always wearing the same outfit" aspect - post-rationalizing it, her entire body is robotic, so it makes sense that she'd never need to change outfits, but realistically it's more that it's a show so I merely didn't think about it or notice it, lol.
Even though she's a cyborg, wouldn't it be best to have her wear more normal clothing than a swimsuit-like outfit? I think she looked better in the movies.

Even though she's a cyborg, wouldn't it be best to have her wear more normal clothing than a swimsuit-like outfit? I think she looked better in the movies.

Sure, but then you can't see her boobs. Which I'm pretty sure is the entire point of that outfit. And if you start questioning boobs, where will you stop?

You ever see the second Vampire Hunter D?

Which Tenchi Muyo did you watch? They have many different versions and different series.

Oh no, I'll have to look for that. I knew they were making a second one and waited and waited and it never came out and then I forgot about it. Thanks for reminding me.

The Tenchi's are the older ones I think, Ryo-Ohki and Universe and I think one other but I can't remember which one it is. I've seen all three of the movies too. Evangelion is still my favorite but since it was already mentioned...

Can anyone give recommendations on how to start watching 'Ghost in the Shell' and 'Neon Genesis Evangelion'. I get confused by all the different variants. Do the different versions stand on their own, or do you need to know the ins-and-outs of all the versions?

Can anyone give recommendations on how to start watching 'Ghost in the Shell' and 'Neon Genesis Evangelion'. I get confused by all the different variants. Do the different versions stand on their own, or do you need to know the ins-and-outs of all the versions?

Well, you definitely want to watch them in order.

Ghost in the Shell has two (maybe three?) movies, which I'm pretty sure predate the shows. The movies are older and I'm not certain that they 100% fit within the continuity of the show (or vice versa). If you watch the shows (which I'd recommend over the shows, but VamPyroX I'm sure would recommend the opposite), then watch in order "Ghost in the Shell: Stand Alone Complex - First Gig" and then "GitS: SAC Second Gig"

Evangelion has recently had a reboot, which I think is almost entirely the same, but with newer animation/art. I'm not certain with that. The newer ones are individual movies which span several TV episodes at once. If you watch the older series, start with the TV episodes first, then watch the End of Evangelion movies (wikipedia can help with the ordering of the movies, I don't remember which they go in).

Sure, but then you can't see her boobs. Which I'm pretty sure is the entire point of that outfit. And if you start questioning boobs, where will you stop?

Sure, watching the boobs may be enjoyable... but then it would make you feel like a pervert if someone were to ask you what you thought of the movie and you sat there thinking, "Gee... I was too busy looking at the boobs that I didn't pay attention to the whole movie!" ;)

Oh no, I'll have to look for that. I knew they were making a second one and waited and waited and it never came out and then I forgot about it. Thanks for reminding me.

The Tenchi's are the older ones I think, Ryo-Ohki and Universe and I think one other but I can't remember which one it is. I've seen all three of the movies too. Evangelion is still my favorite but since it was already mentioned...
I've seen two different Tenchi series. I think they were the first two series. The one I saw first was better than the one I saw second. The plot of the whole series of the first one I saw is like a heart monitor. It's steady, but has excitement every few episodes. The second series I saw was slow... until the end. Didn't like it.

I've seen the original Evangelion series and that's it. I haven't seen the new ones.

It varies on the series. Some remade series follow the same plot (concept) but with minor changes. Some remade series simply use the same characters, but are very different from each other.

That's how I felt about the Tenchi series. I'll look them up and get back to you later on which exactly it was that I saw.

I recently finished Occult Academy. Now, I'm watching Beelzebub. (It's about this high school delinquent who ends up getting stuck with a baby who is the son of a demon lord and is assigned to be the baby's "father".

Watching Clannad again, and I'm crying twice more. :( Now my eyes are red. :lol: Next is Clannad: After Story, I possibility get rolls of paper towel for this. :( :lol:

I recently finished Occult Academy. Now, I'm watching Beelzebub. (It's about this high school delinquent who ends up getting stuck with a baby who is the son of a demon lord and is assigned to be the baby's "father".

I watched it and enjoy it! Thanks for told us about that! :D

a 15 mins long Catwoman toon, almst anime quality, bloody good forget the titl though...

I'm now watching Hunter X Hunter alongside with Beelzebub.

I saw Hunter X Hunter a few years ago. They decided to reboot the series in order to make the story more accurate to the manga than the original series was.

Even though I already know the story, I do enjoy it again. It's usually interesting to see when they try to do something again. You get a chance to see how they shorten or lengthen parts... or to change how they express emotions or actions... etc. I also hope they continue on further than the previous series did. :)

Thinkerbell’s Adventure in 3D and the Lion King, a moment to reminisce the Disney’s famous animated movie.:dance:

I LOVE sailor moon, Inuyasha, full metal alchemist...The last thing I watch that was anime was a few months ago, and it was Card Caper. :)

I have been watching Fate/Zero... I've been a long time fan of Type/Moon, and their fate/stay night franchise. Its nice to see uFotable working with them again. I've watched(and read, when available) Air tv, Fullmetal alchemist:brotherhood, Pani Poni Dash, and 1/2 of all the studio ghibli films.

Do you guys have a good reccomendation?

Back