Weird Foods

Originally posted by prettybebe78
why go be vegetarian? ;)

I accidentally saw animals being slaughtered at a factory near my home when I was 11.

I was riding my bike, and smelled the blood and feces. Baffled and curious, I followed the scent to behind the factory (De Conti's Meat Packing Co. on Brighton-Henrietta Townline Rd.) and was shocked to see what was going on.

The cows and sheep were so filthy - caked in their own shit and mud. They were slashed at the throats and then quickly dragged into the factory, kicking and thrashing.

I ran up to the door and peeked inside. The men roughly put the animals on the hooks (they hung the by piercing the animals' loins) and slit their stomaches and proceeded to gut them while they were STILL alive and bleeding. I would never forget the way they screamed and thrashed the whole time, then quickly reduced to twitching - near death.

I'm Deaf, but I could easily hear their high-pitched squealing and screaming especially from inside the building. My hearing level is 85 db on the right ear, 90-95 on the left - I can hear ambulance sirens in close proximity without hearing aids, and able to hear a jet roaring overhead as well. So you can get the idea how loud these poor animals screamed.

That cinched it - I couldn't just eat meat without seeing those images in my head, even to this day. For almost a year until the time I was 12, I gradually stopped eating certain kinds of meat, one by one.

The last one I ever took a bite of was a Whopper at Burger King. I took my first and last bite of it... and all I could smell in my nose while chewing it; the blood and the feces. Then I spat it out, and gave the rest of the Whopper to my brother. My grandparents were majorly pissed off at the scene. :ugh:

It was a long, hard road in getting other people to respect my eating habits. I also learned the proper way to eat in order to ensure that I get the nutrients that I miss out from the so-called "lack of meat."

People still talk shit to me about what I refuse to eat. But who cares? After almost 17 years of being a vegetarian, I'm used to it. At least there's a lot less ignorance out there compared to the days in which I decided to stop eating flesh.

I respect what other people eat, so I'd ask y'all to please respect my eating habits. Thanks! ;)

Last edited:
Wow. That's very interesting. I love to eat meat, even though I have seen how they were slaughtered. I even shot an elk and cut that elk up into meat to be eaten with my brother's and father's assistance. I still eat what I shot (that elk and an antelope are the only ones I shot to eat).

Hmm... the weirdest food I have eaten in the past is a "pickles/peanut butter" sandwich. :D

Originally posted by ChelEler
Wow. That's very interesting. I love to eat meat, even though I have seen how they were slaughtered. I even shot an elk and cut that elk up into meat to be eaten with my brother's and father's assistance. I still eat what I shot (that elk and an antelope are the only ones I shot to eat).

Hmm... the weirdest food I have eaten in the past is a "pickles/peanut butter" sandwich. :D

LOL - i have tried celery with peanut butter .... but pickles ?? barf-ola !!

Originally posted by *~Rayden Wins~*
LOL - i have tried celery with peanut butter .... but pickles ?? barf-ola !!

Celeries and PB are good. Have had them before. :)

okayyyyy - lol NOW i just made a batch of lemonade, Hawaiian fruit punch, and iced tea - yummm

Uh... that's nothing. I've done that to my boys, and they hate it but I like it. :lol:

Peanut butter on sliced bananas
Bananas dipped in chocolate
Pasta (any kind..bowtie, macaroni, etc..) with ranch dressing
French fries dipped in vanilla or chooclate ice cream (i know, :crazy: I've had people telling me :barf: :lol:)
Chocolate spread on slice of bread.
Potato chips dipped in mayo

That's about it. :)

Originally posted by Teekie

Chocolate spread on slice of bread.

DO you mean "Nutella"?!?!?!
I absolutely love Nutella and it i´s on my morning breakfast table all the time! :)

lol...I dont know if its weird...I like having buttered toast, sprinkle some sugar and cinnamon on it... I dont really eat weird food, grosses me out. LOL Psst, Im picky eater...eh

Ate snake meats before. Taste almost same as Chicken. Try that. :-D

Originally posted by kuifje75
DO you mean "Nutella"?!?!?!
I absolutely love Nutella and it i´s on my morning breakfast table all the time! :)

Yeah, that's it.. I used to have that for breakfast every morning while i was growing up.. now I haven't done that in a while but its still my favorite! :)

Since you like eating snakes that tastes like chicken, why not try frogs? I heard they taste like chicken too. :lol:

Originally posted by Teekie
Since you like eating snakes that tastes like chicken, why not try frogs? I heard they taste like chicken too. :lol:

Yes I tasted that before. Not that bad. :D

Originally posted by ~Heather~
lol...I dont know if its weird...I like having buttered toast, sprinkle some sugar and cinnamon on it... I dont really eat weird food, grosses me out. LOL Psst, Im picky eater...eh

No that's not weird, I used to eat that all the time when growing up at home.

ahh too many to list
-mustard on ripple potato chips
-bbq on scrabble eggs
-broccoli with mustard
-bread with butter and strawberry quik sprinkle on it
basically I try to add things on almost different food for fun

Back