We have many advantages of being deaf

wife-swapping is easier than it is for the hearing

"Wife- swamping easier than for the hearing"-assuming one is: A married and wants to swamp spouses? Not sure the legality of the "transfer"?

Implanted A B Harmony activated Au7g/07

Big difference in the definitions there bud. Swap means to trade, swamp is a lot different, kind of like burying.

Off other my spelling error-why is "wife swapping" easier for the "deaf" not for hearing persons? Different laws on these matters?
At the moment being widowed-thus no personal relevance.

Implanted A B Harmony activated Aug/07

Off other my spelling error-why is "wife swapping" easier for the "deaf" not for hearing persons? Different laws on these matters?
At the moment being widowed-thus no personal relevance.

Alley Cat is right. But it was a fun spelling error. Most of us like a good joke now and then. :wave:

As for multiple partners-foursome?-no comment. Is this congruent only for the "deaf"? Right lots- of ASL practice- Interesting rationale!

You are also right Bottesini-harmless fun on spelling error while in reality "wife/husband swapping" could lead to a "moral swamp" .

Not to shift to a "theological discussion".

As for multiple partners-foursome?-no comment. Is this congruent only for the "deaf"? Right lots- of ASL practice- Interesting rationale!

You are also right Bottesini-harmless fun on spelling error while in reality "wife/husband swapping" could lead to a "moral swamp" .

Now that is something you and I can finally agree on. :h5:

Why would you think the deaf engage in "foursomes" or wife-swapping at any greater rate than the hearing community does?

Why would you think the deaf engage in "foursomes" or wife-swapping at any greater rate than the hearing community does?

Because that was what Grummer said.

Ok, back to topic? As a late deaf person I think this is my thread as I can truly compare. (lol)

1. improved marriage (If I dont hear him then he doesnt irritate me)
2. better class of friends, weeded out the bogus hussies
3. I sleep better now that all nights are calm and peacefull
4. no gossip anxiety (this relates to weeding out the bogus hussies)
5. improved relationship with employer (I dont hear the griping)
6. no longer scared by thunder storms
7. neighbors all night parties are cool now
8. my dog posse picked up the slack and I appreciate them as they are my doorbell,etc
9. New deaf friends (online here and locally) who are sincere, understanding and way cooler than I could ever have known before. thank you very much
10. AllDeaf and all of you who have helped me in my Deaf journey by welcoming me and guiding me to acceptance and reality. You all know I love you.

Now, I have seen that the opposite post has more replies. Surely we can all find some wonderful aspect of our deafness to smile about. Volume control??

Ok, back to topic? As a late deaf person I think this is my thread as I can truly compare. (lol)

1. improved marriage (If I dont hear him then he doesnt irritate me)Mine is a great communicator who gets right up in my face!

2. better class of friends, weeded out the bogus hussies
3. I sleep better now that all nights are calm and peacefull
4. no gossip anxiety (this relates to weeding out the bogus hussies)
5. improved relationship with employer (I dont hear the griping)
6. no longer scared by thunder storms
Since last major vision loss just walk right into bees, and they don't sting. :hmm:
7. neighbors all night parties are cool now
8. my dog posse picked up the slack and I appreciate them as they are my doorbell,etc♥♥♥

9. New deaf friends (online here and locally) who are sincere, understanding and way cooler than I could ever have known before. thank you very much
10. AllDeaf and all of you who have helped me in my Deaf journey by welcoming me and guiding me to acceptance and reality. You all know I love you.

Now, I have seen that the opposite post has more replies. Surely we can all find some wonderful aspect of our deafness to smile about. Volume control??

Best modern aspect is colored hearing aid casings and neon colored earmolds. No hearing person can hope to be more fashionalbe.

Back