Water high of lead content in Flint, Michigan

That why I avoid to buy or rent older houses because of lead and galvanized pipes due to nasty corrosive, congestion and poisonous lead.

http://www.americanvintagehome.com/...conditioning_information/tag/galvanized-pipe/

I'm sure that most houses in Flint is older and they are likely to use lead, galvanized pipe and iron cast, also for electricity, they use knob and tube wiring.

Our house uses copper pipe for water and PVC for sewer drainage.

but some houses are using septic tank and propane tank (or all electricity).

If you live on US Route road (or subdivision on main road), it is very likely that houses have full service, including sewer, natural gas pipes and water pipes, also over the electricity pole, they carry long haul fiber.

:mad:
whole thing makes me-

I wonder what is gonna happen with this school...

:ty: for putting that up- at the end of the transcript, the gov. says regarding the school sickouts :<quote>" I would hope you would stop harming the children." <end quote>

seriously......considering what's all happened - HE hopes....?

:ty: for putting that up- at the end of the transcript, the gov. says regarding the school sickouts :<quote>" I would hope you would stop harming the children." <end quote>

seriously......considering what's all happened - HE hopes....?

I know , I was like :shock: when I read that !

http://www.cbsnews.com/news/michigan-gov-at-least-100-kids-affected-by-lead-in-flint-water/

If the city water pipes are corrosion and need to be recoated what about the pipes in people homes ?? Who going to check them to see if they need to fixed too???

The water pipe that beyond to service is supposed to be homeowner or landlord's responsibility, but Michigan ruined the water pipes so they should pay homeowners or landlords to replace the pipes, but service pipes and main water pipes are city's responsibility.

waterlineresp550.jpg

Do you see red dashes - above the property line is homeowner's and landlord's responsibility, and below the property line is city responsibility.

There is 2 options.
1) You have to sue the state government to collect money via lawsuit or settlement.
2) You have to wait until state legislature passes the funding package to cover on repair and replacement.

Try contact house insurance if they willing to cover the replacement or repair.

It shouldn't be a problem for newer homes, built in the last 40 years or so. They should have copper pipes with non-lead welds. The older homes will have to have their pipes replaced. Who will pay? :dunno: It may require a class action suit against the government (hard to do) unless they voluntarily set up some kind of super fund for the project, or a tax rebate for homeowners who pay for the replacement.

It will probably require some kind of Federal funding because Flint and Michigan are in the hole financially.

waterlineresp550.jpg

Do you see red dashes - above the property line is homeowner's and landlord's responsibility, and below the property line is city responsibility.

There is 2 options.
1) You have to sue the state government to collect money via lawsuit or settlement.
2) You have to wait until state legislature passes the funding package to cover on repair and replacement.

Try contact house insurance if they willing to cover the replacement or repair.

Do believe it matters where one lives and the rules and laws of it...

Sent from my SM-G530T1 using AllDeaf App mobile app

It shouldn't be a problem for newer homes, built in the last 40 years or so. They should have copper pipes with non-lead welds. The older homes will have to have their pipes replaced. Who will pay? :dunno: It may require a class action suit against the government (hard to do) unless they voluntarily set up some kind of super fund for the project, or a tax rebate for homeowners who pay for the replacement.

It will probably require some kind of Federal funding because Flint and Michigan are in the hole financially.

FYI, any houses that built before 1986 possibly have lead soldered on copper.

YES !! This what I mean ! Who will pay , most of the people are poor in Flint and if they rent they will have get their landlord to fix the pipes and that would increase their rent. Some people have a class action lawsuit saying they were billed for unsafe water .

FYI, any houses that built before 1986 possibly have lead soldered on copper.
Depends where. Our first house was built in 1978 and it had no lead in the plumbing system.

Look at the political cartoon at the bottom of this , I been thinking if has been White wealthy city this would not had happen .
If it had been a wealthy city they wouldn't need to switch water sources to save money. It has nothing to do with whiteness or blackness of the city. It has to do with the economy. Flint has a depressed economy.

Depends where. Our first house was built in 1978 and it had no lead in the plumbing system.

I means possibly, for Flint's case, it is true.

The builders make decision about use lead to solder with copper, but nearly all houses built after 1986 have no lead solder.

http://www.copper.org/environment/water/e_p_lead.html

I used to live in old house (built in 1968) with copper water pipe soldered with lead but my father removed all old copper pipes and replace with new copper pipes as major renovation before we moved in.

If it had been a wealthy city they wouldn't need to switch water sources to save money. It has nothing to do with whiteness or blackness of the city. It has to do with the economy. Flint has a depressed economy.

That's correct and many whites in Flint are victim as well - almost half of Flint population is white.

Yes, Michigan went downhill after many manufacturing jobs went to oversea, especially China.

Back