Walk, Bike or Drive 1 mile?

my friend's baby sister just got mugged in NYC few hours ago :(

That is so horrible , I am sorry to hear this. My sister has friends that lives in California and they say the crime has gotten worst there. So I really think the OP should not worry about hurting their car and use it. I drive my car on short trips to park every day and my car is fine.

it's one of those snatch-and-run thing. she wasn't mugged at gunpoint or knifepoint... just some punk snatching her iPhone. I think in subway.

She's from Georgia and she's only here for a few months as an intern for... for... I forgot... some major fashion magazine companies. I guess she's not used to big city thing.
I'm sorry to hear that; it can be a very traumatic experience. I was about 20 when a guy snatched my purse in N. Chicago. Scary!

I'm sorry to hear that; it can be a very traumatic experience. I was about 20 when a guy snatched my purse in N. Chicago. Scary!

I almost got robbed by 2 guys . I yelled like HELL and they ran off but not before one of them punch me in the pain the stomach . I was wearing the diamond ring my dad left for me . Dad won it a poker game , I kept my hands in coats pockets so the guys could not see my ring. They would beaten me up for it .

I almost got robbed by 2 guys . I yelled like HELL and they ran off but not before one of them punch me in the pain the stomach . I was wearing the diamond ring my dad left for me . Dad won it a poker game , I kept my hands in coats pockets so the guys could not see my ring. They would beaten me up for it .
Ouch! That's frightening. :shock:

The guy that stole my purse ran up from behind, grabbed it, broke the strap that was over my shoulder, kept running up to the corner where his buddy was waiting with the car. I still had the strap in my hand as they drove off.

The police found my purse on the street the next day. I think they got a whole $2.50 from me, no driver's license, and no credit cards or jewelry. No cell phones in those days. The only key I had was to my room and locker at the barracks on base, which they couldn't use. Nothing of value--I was poor myself. Serves them right.

My grandma got snatched like 10 times in Chicago area since 1980. She used walking or bus. She don't want to drive the car. Oh poor to her.

My grandma got snatched like 10 times in Chicago area since 1980. She used walking or bus. She don't want to drive the car. Oh poor to her.
That is absolutely awful! Was she ever hurt?

What area of North Chicago was that? Major intersection or name of area would be fine.

Ouch! That's frightening. :shock:

The guy that stole my purse ran up from behind, grabbed it, broke the strap that was over my shoulder, kept running up to the corner where his buddy was waiting with the car. I still had the strap in my hand as they drove off.

The police found my purse on the street the next day. I think they got a whole $2.50 from me, no driver's license, and no credit cards or jewelry. No cell phones in those days. The only key I had was to my room and locker at the barracks on base, which they couldn't use. Nothing of value--I was poor myself. Serves them right.

The 2 guys came up behind me too, I lost my balance and the guys grabbed my arms and demand my $$$. I was wearing a long army coat
I got that an Army and Navy store so I did not look very rich so I had no idea why the guys thought I had a lot of money . Yes is was very frightening and it had to been for you too.

Sounds like there is a real need for Charles Bronson to prevent muggings..

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k3X-MJn-X6s]Death Wish Body Count!!! - YouTube[/ame]

Transmission and engine ( where you put your oil ) Are completely unrelated. If you have a new tranny, you shouldn't have to worry about it going bad! Synthetic oil usually comes stock in newer cars 2010+. If you're paying $19.99 or so for an oil change, you're not running synthetic. Synthetic runs around $50-60 an oil change around where I live... but a normal oil change lasts 3000 miles or so, and synthetic runs you around 7000 miles, so it works out to around the same if you think about it, with the exception of it being better for your engine. :P

For synthetic oil services, we charge $100 for up to 5 quarts, $120 or more depend on how many quarts used (min. 5 Qts). Yep they can replace regular oil with syn oil, increase miles.

For synthetic oil services, we charge $100 for up to 5 quarts, $120 or more depend on how many quarts used (min. 5 Qts). Yep they can replace regular oil with syn oil, increase miles.

Ew, I pay $50 for my synthetic, I don't want to live where you're at!

Ew, I pay $50 for my synthetic, I don't want to live where you're at!

I pay about $40-50 for the seven quarts my car takes and I change it myself, so other than buying a new oil filter (I prefer K&N) it doesn't cost nearly as much as having an oil place do it.

I drive a little 4CYL Scion, so my car doesn't take but 4 quarts tops. $50 after tax for the Toyota dealership to do it for me. Much less headache, and documented proof of its maintenance. My motorcycle, sure I do that myself, but that's much easier than wedging myself below my tiny Scion tC.

Once or twice. Someone pushed her down the floor then run away. I never forget that someone stole her bag of full Polish foods. :shock:

I heard of a guy stealing a woman car as she was putting her bags of grocery in the car. The woman car was found with a note in it. The guy
said he was sorry for stealing her car he wanted the food so he could feed his family . That might had been was happen the person in your post. I am NOT saying it was right for someone to push her down and steal her food.
I bet the person did not know it was Polish food. That is horrible that happen .

I drive a little 4CYL Scion, so my car doesn't take but 4 quarts tops. $50 after tax for the Toyota dealership to do it for me. Much less headache, and documented proof of its maintenance. My motorcycle, sure I do that myself, but that's much easier than wedging myself below my tiny Scion tC.

My motorcycle takes like 3.4 quarts of oil and is super easy to change. I'm sure your four cylinder car is more efficient than mine, but I know a guy who has a four cyclinder Ford Focus and my eight cyclinder car gets better MPG. For a V8 engine, I get a suprising 24 MPG, best being 25 MPG once.

My motorcycle takes like 3.4 quarts of oil and is super easy to change. I'm sure your four cylinder car is more efficient than mine, but I know a guy who has a four cyclinder Ford Focus and my eight cyclinder car gets better MPG. For a V8 engine, I get a suprising 24 MPG, best being 25 MPG once.

Definitely not bad for a v8! I get around 40 MPG in my Scion... so it does its job.. . Also, my Scion is a stick....As I said though I much prefer my bike. :P

I got a '03 Crown Vic and on the highway I get about 27mpg pretty good for a big and powerful sedan!

Back