Wal-mart

It sounds like you live in infamous weird city, lol.

j/k
Hahaha...

There are at least 6 Target locations within 10 miles from where I live. All of them have their share of weird customers. Of those 6 locations, one is close to a run-down part of town. The rest of them are in either middle-class or upper-class parts of town.

Even when I was in Rochester, I still saw weird people.

That's because you never see what the employers do us employees from behind the curtains, so to speak.

I've been yelled at, told to turn my hearing aid up when they know I am deaf, watched them yell at other employees, seen them call us idiots.

Seen a framed letter from EEOC posted on top of the timed clock about a violation of medical privacy laws when an employer asked personal questions regarding a medical condition with one of the employees. They got sued and settled out of court.

One employer got killed while operating a forklift, they keys was not taken away from the truck driver as a safety precaution to prevent accidents and the driver pulled out at the same time the fork lift operator was exiting the cab. The driver tried to jump out, but fell to the pavement with the forklift landing on top of the driver, crushing him to death.

Walmart tried to cover it up and was found out about the attempted coverup and was dealt with in court along top of the widow filling a lawsuit for wrongful death which was settled out of court.

Safety violations is the norm in the back area of the stores, people get hurt all the time.

I nearly got run over by forklift operators and complaints been made w/ no avail. Another employee had his foot crushed when a faulty skid (wood stacks on top of other products) snapped, causing half of the boxes to fall off and landed on his leg, crushing his foot. The skids was not inspected properly before being used.

Of course, then you have sucky customers yelling about everything because they're not getting the product they want, refunds on items that have no receipts, or outdated receipts or no refunds on stuff that came from a non-walmart store. Or things not going their way because they're not getting 1) discounts 2) it's not free 3) anything they can get away with cheap or free
4) oh they bitch when we refuse outdated coupons or non match coupon because they didn't buy the product, but wants us to use it anyway.

People want to break up products and just buy one of the items of of the package and we don't do that, so they throw a temper tantrum.

Racists yelling at people calling them racists because they're not getting their way, especially when they get caught stealing and yank out the race card just BECAUSE they got caught!

Had a racist call a white kid a racist when he called coffee "black" :roll: (a scam to get free coffee obviously)

Before you complain about a employee, remember, they work hard for their paycheck just like you do and they need it to feed their families just like you do. Just like you, you can come to work grumpy and don't feel all friendly, especially when one comes to work sick but need the paycheck. So if you get an employee fired because you didn't like the person not smiling, will you feed their families??? Didn't think so.

We deal with BS everyday from employers, co-workers and customers because we need the paycheck.

So before you jump on our butts, read this forum

customerssuck.com and understand what they go through everyday at work in ALL various types of work, retails, motels, hotels, fast food industries and so on and stories about employees dealing with employers and of course employers dealing with employees. Everything is covered.

Thanks

Yiz
Wow, sounds like that specific store location has problems. I've been in the back room of many Walmart stores around here and some have awards for recognition for community service, safety awareness, fundraising for charity, etc. In fact, I've actually seen a couple of over-protective safety managers at a couple of these stores. :shock:

The main reason why I don't like shopping at wal mart because of employees are very rude because every times I shop there and I see employees chewing gum like cow and carrying waters or soda on the sale floor. I go to desk service to get money order and they are very slower and of chit-chat! Target are the best! I have no problem shop at Target, sale floor very clean and nice employees. Few months ago I was shock what my fiancee told me about pranks throwing diapers, food, drinks, anything on her car while she shopping at walmart midnight!! walmart manager give her a free car wash.
Whatever happens to your car is not their responsibility. You're lucky that they offered you a free car wash.

My friend parked his pickup truck at Tom Thumb (a grocery store). 30 minutes later, he came out and his truck was keyed along the side from the front to the back. So, does that make Tom Thumb a bad store? No. It simply says that this area is likely a bad place to be in at this time of night... OR ...someone saw his truck thinking it belonged to her ex-boyfriend and decided to do something to it. It could be anything.

I used to work at a local video rental store where there was a drive-by shooting across the street, a car stolen (while the guy was standing 10 feet away) from the front of our store, and 4 guys stopped, frisked, and arrested at the front windows of our store... all within a few months.

As for carrying water, that's permitted... but I don't know about sodas or gums. There are some people who need water due to throat problems or dehydration problems. As long as it's in an approved water bottle, they should be fine. Simply report those people to the store manager and hope they do something about it. If not, call the 1-800 number that's on their board. :thumb:

What's difference on between Wal Mart and Target for employee policies, are you allowed to bring water or soda to salesfloor at Target?

Wal Mart is too way strict on time limit that you are require to get done, such as cases per hour, if you don't meet so you will get fired but not know about Target.
Walmart is strict on time limit? I've never seen that happen. It probably varies on the store and the projects that needs to be done. If the employee(s) have a history of not getting things done, then they get strict. If the employee(s) have a history of getting everything done on time, then they're given more flexibility.

I do know that Target is more strict with stocking items than Walmart is.

Walmart is strict on time limit? I've never seen that happen. It probably varies on the store and the projects that needs to be done. If the employee(s) have a history of not getting things done, then they get strict. If the employee(s) have a history of getting everything done on time, then they're given more flexibility.

I do know that Target is more strict with stocking items than Walmart is.

I means time frame, usually applies to 3rd shift like you have finish the aisle 4 in 1 hour and that's how measure in cases per hour, I know some wal mart stores don't bother to use time frame, some do like our store.

It sounds like you are working at wal mart.

Whatever happens to your car is not their responsibility. You're lucky that they offered you a free car wash.

My friend parked his pickup truck at Tom Thumb (a grocery store). 30 minutes later, he came out and his truck was keyed along the side from the front to the back. So, does that make Tom Thumb a bad store? No. It simply says that this area is likely a bad place to be in at this time of night... OR ...someone saw his truck thinking it belonged to her ex-boyfriend and decided to do something to it. It could be anything.

I used to work at a local video rental store where there was a drive-by shooting across the street, a car stolen (while the guy was standing 10 feet away) from the front of our store, and 4 guys stopped, frisked, and arrested at the front windows of our store... all within a few months.

As for carrying water, that's permitted... but I don't know about sodas or gums. There are some people who need water due to throat problems or dehydration problems. As long as it's in an approved water bottle, they should be fine. Simply report those people to the store manager and hope they do something about it. If not, call the 1-800 number that's on their board. :thumb:

Wal mart company policy said soda or food aren't allowed on salesfloor but for gums, don't care, longer as you don't spit on floor.

Depends on store, some stores don't bother to follow the policy.

I means time frame, usually applies to 3rd shift like you have finish the aisle 4 in 1 hour and that's how measure in cases per hour, I know some wal mart stores don't bother to use time frame, some do like our store.

I can say this aisle 4 in 1 hour? IMPOSSIBLE. When I was at Goody's I worked in the Engineering Dept and they were responsible for timing on different jobs and figuring how long it takes to do a specific job.

At Walmart 3rd shift O/N I was told 1 hr for 4 pallets worth of furniture. My ass, somebody who did the timing DID not take in variables like customers interrupting me to help them locate something they were looking for, the distance from pallet to some shelves (esp in Luggage and Draperies) and SMALL items plus having to take out the protective coverings off picture frames before I could put em on a shelf. Then you have motherfucking HEAVY furniture to cram into a shelf and that requires me to interrupt a janitor to get him to help me pull it off. I just learned if I dump the candles into Electronics' lap, I could get Furniture done and move on to Hell that is called Toys Dept.

Somebody in Arkansas must be on the bong while he/she was figuring out how long it would take to stock some depts. That person's timing is too UNREALISTIC on how long it should take to stock the damn dept. However on most nights I can get my usual depts Furniture, Toys and Sporting Goods stocked and done in 8 hours.

I can say this aisle 4 in 1 hour? IMPOSSIBLE. When I was at Goody's I worked in the Engineering Dept and they were responsible for timing on different jobs and figuring how long it takes to do a specific job.

At Walmart 3rd shift O/N I was told 1 hr for 4 pallets worth of furniture. My ass, somebody who did the timing DID not take in variables like customers interrupting me to help them locate something they were looking for, the distance from pallet to some shelves (esp in Luggage and Draperies) and SMALL items plus having to take out the protective coverings off picture frames before I could put em on a shelf. Then you have motherfucking HEAVY furniture to cram into a shelf and that requires me to interrupt a janitor to get him to help me pull it off. I just learned if I dump the candles into Electronics' lap, I could get Furniture done and move on to Hell that is called Toys Dept.

Somebody in Arkansas must be on the bong while he/she was figuring out how long it would take to stock some depts. That person's timing is too UNREALISTIC on how long it should take to stock the damn dept. However on most nights I can get my usual depts Furniture, Toys and Sporting Goods stocked and done in 8 hours.

In bold, only in some nights when there's 50 cases of aisle 4 (grocery) and it can be complete in 1 hour but time frame system at wal mart is just retard so I don't buy their system, however I got warned for not meet the time frame, despite for being work like normal due need fix the mess and helping the customers. We have experience very huge fright for several days like 250 cases for aisle 4 and manager want finish in 2 hours and I was like wtf but don't have time to fight with them, I just rather to ignore the time frame and work like normal.

In bold, only in some nights when there's 50 cases of aisle 4 (grocery) and it can be complete in 1 hour but time frame system at wal mart is just retard so I don't buy their system, however I got warned for not meet the time frame, despite for being work like normal due need fix the mess and helping the customers. We have experience very huge fright for several days like 250 cases for aisle 4 and manager want finish in 2 hours and I was like wtf but don't have time to fight with them, I just rather to ignore the time frame and work like normal.

Aisle 4 in my store would be condiments, coffee and salad dressings, what's Aisle 4 in ur store? I know the guy who does aisle 4 permanently and even with small amount of ctns it takes him that LOOONNNGG to stock and zone em all. Plus he cant send back partial O/S boxes so he has to zone one item before he can stock any more cans of that items or he ends up O/S on it. Happened to me on both the cereal, cookies/juice and baking good aisles (A-9, A-7 and A-8). Last Friday Chemicals were a NIGHTMARE to do cause that aisle was so messed up.

9 months at walfart really opened my eyes up.....but at least walmart saved my ass from being unemployed for a long time.

Aisle 4 in my store would be condiments, coffee and salad dressings, what's Aisle 4 in ur store?

Salad dressing, spaghetti sauce, pasta, custom pizza, instant potatoes, vinegar, canned tomatoes, BBQ sauce, mayo, pickles and spicy sauce.

Salad dressing, spaghetti sauce, pasta, custom pizza, instant potatoes, vinegar, canned tomatoes, BBQ sauce, mayo, pickles and spicy sauce.

Then Arkansas HO was so FUCKED up on the timing cause they dont even take in consideration the different layouts of each store. Each store has a different layout and the timing to stock em is totaallyy off kilter. I can say that cause I've visited many many walmarts before I ended up in my store and each Walmart is so uniquely different with the layouts that timing is pretty much impossible.

The reason is in my store salad dressing, vinegar, mayo, BBQ Sauce and pickles goes to A-4, canned tomatoes and custom pizza goes to A-5, then instant potatoes goes to A-6.

Then Arkansas HO was so FUCKED up on the timing cause they dont even take in consideration the different layouts of each store. Each store has a different layout and the timing to stock em is totaallyy off kilter. I can say that cause I've visited many many walmarts before I ended up in my store and each Walmart is so uniquely different with the layouts that timing is pretty much impossible.

The reason is in my store salad dressing, vinegar, mayo, BBQ Sauce and pickles goes to A-4, canned tomatoes and custom pizza goes to A-5, then instant potatoes goes to A-6.

Wow, it sounds like similar to other wal mart store in 15 miles away from my area, coffee goes in aisle 4 and aisle 3 is all bread and baking goods and other side is frozen and they get very huge freight every night, probably over 30 pallets of groceries, paper and chemical due too many customers. In our store, we got around 5-15 pallets every night due low population and countryside.

I have agree with you about timing issue.

Aisle 4 in my store would be condiments, coffee and salad dressings, what's Aisle 4 in ur store? I know the guy who does aisle 4 permanently and even with small amount of ctns it takes him that LOOONNNGG to stock and zone em all. Plus he cant send back partial O/S boxes so he has to zone one item before he can stock any more cans of that items or he ends up O/S on it. Happened to me on both the cereal, cookies/juice and baking good aisles (A-9, A-7 and A-8). Last Friday Chemicals were a NIGHTMARE to do cause that aisle was so messed up.

9 months at walfart really opened my eyes up.....but at least walmart saved my ass from being unemployed for a long time.

Wow, in our store, we have stack down the groceries then stock it and after that, we works on picks cart (overstock food picks) or stock the paper/chemical then zone it, after that, we goes to home, also no partial boxes are allowed due stupid grocery manager said no and we have count the item if it could goes in or not so left as full boxes.

Wow, in our store, we have stack down the groceries then stock it and after that, we works on picks cart (overstock food picks) or stock the paper/chemical then zone it, after that, we goes to home, also no partial boxes are allowed due stupid grocery manager said no and we have count the item if it could goes in or not so left as full boxes.

In mine, the ICS guys does the downstacking then sends us the carts....I used to do that b4 I moved over to 3rd shift cuz the manager wanted my sowwy ass on 1st shift and if I did I lose my 2nd shift bonus. However I ended up yelling at the ICS guys for putting some items in the wrong L-cart/rocket cart intended for a specific aisle. Nothing really pisses me off more than the wrong items sent to my usual dept or aisle and I waste my time bringing it over to the right dept/aisle.

fess_FM5698.jpg

Wear this to your work at Wal-mart. :laugh2:

Nope, I don't work for Walmart... but I have been in the back room numerous times. I also know people who work at Walmart (and Target) that tell me how things work. :)

Even though I don't work for Walmart or Target, I do have access to their back rooms. :)

Nope, I don't work for Walmart... but I have been in the back room numerous times. I also know people who work at Walmart (and Target) that tell me how things work. :)

Even though I don't work for Walmart or Target, I do have access to their back rooms. :)

I don't believe you.

Not gonna happen.

You just wish.

Yiz

How come you have access to the back rooms? Are you a deliverer?

Back