VP Debate...

Status
Not open for further replies.
I saw it and thought it was great. One thing I've been told is how closely Tina Fey resembles Sarah Palin in the way she looks. She's also got the voice down pat. I've really enjoyed all of the Sarah Palin impersonations and will be sorry to see them end on November 4th. Speaking of which, have any of you seen Tina Fey's impersonation of Sarah Palin's CBS interview with Katie Couric? Hilarious -- especially given the fact that Tina Fey used Sarah Palin's exact words.

I need to see the rerun!

http://www.nbc.com/Saturday_Night_Live/video/clips/couric-palin-open/704042/ interview with Couric.

http://www.nbc.com/Saturday_Night_Live/video/clips/vp-debate-open-palin-biden/727421/

Here's one of the debate. Queen Latifah...lol Not captioned though. Yes, she looks a lot like Sarah Palin.

I need to see the rerun!

Saturday Night Live - Couric / Palin Open - Video - NBC.com interview with Couric.

Saturday Night Live - VP Debate Open: Palin / Biden - Video - NBC.com

Here's one of the debate. Queen Latifah...lol Not captioned though. Yes, she looks a lot like Sarah Palin.

Thanks for posting these links, ClearSky. I only saw part of the debate spoof on MSNBC, so didn't have a chance to watch the entire thing. I just listened to it and LMAO. I also listened to the Katie Couric interview for a second time and laughed just as hard as I did the first time. Both of these are classic! :lol: :laugh2:

I saw it and thought it was great. One thing I've been told is how closely Tina Fey resembles Sarah Palin in the way she looks. She's also got the voice down pat. I've really enjoyed all of the Sarah Palin impersonations and will be sorry to see them end on November 4th. Speaking of which, have any of you seen Tina Fey's impersonation of Sarah Palin's CBS interview with Katie Couric? Hilarious -- especially given the fact that Tina Fey used Sarah Palin's exact words.

:lol:

There is no question, Tina Fey is just a perfect impersonator for Sarah Palin. She executed it beautifully! And, yes she resembles Sarah Palin just as much as if it was the real thing.

Unfortunately, I missed Tina Fey's impersonation of the CBS interview with Katie Couric. I hope to see the rerun soon with the closed captioning, of course. :)

Tina Fey makes second SNL appearance as Gov. Palin - CNN.com

K, I stopped about 75% of the first page of anti-Palin posts. I think the 'relief' from the conservatives was because Palin isn't a public speaker, while Biden has been for over 20 years. I thought Palin did fine on the debate, but her winks (3 of them total I think) were a little overboard, however, there was as much substance in her responses as there has been in Biden's or Obama's (ie: very little). I think Palin 'held her own' and did a good job. Biden seemed to me to be too bland and trying too hard, especially when he got 'choked up'. While I would vote for Biden over Obama, I still saw no reason to ignore Obama's plan to raise our costs and for me to vote for him. Palin still seemed much more real to me, more of a regular person.

Both Obama and McCain have yet to give details on their plans, and if I hear Obama saying his "95% of Americans will not pay more taxes" when I know it's bullcrap because we will pay more if not directly, then after he let's our tax credits expire and over taxes businesses so everything we buy costs more, I will probly throw up. And repeating the words "middle class" is not substance. I need substance from both tickets cause I'm still not getting any from the public speeches/debates/etc.

Yeah, what Palin claim that Barack Obama "pals around with terrorists," is silly because Obama know Ayers at school... :roll:

Palin defends terrorist comment against Obama - Decision '08 - MSNBC.com

Actually, when Obama was a 'community organizer', the only 'executive experience' he had was apparently to distribute $50 million acquired from Bill Ayers, to whatever programs he presided over (I believe it was to educational programs). They also served for at least 3 years together on the same committee and Ayers had a party or something to kick off Obama's foray into politics in the early 90s. Obama and Ayers relationship is more than just acquaintances, even if Ayers isn't someone he shares ideas with, it's still very questionable.

And please forgive me for not going to read your MSNBC link.

Actually, when Obama was a 'community organizer', the only 'executive experience' he had was apparently to distribute $50 million acquired from Bill Ayers, to whatever programs he presided over (I believe it was to educational programs). They also served for at least 3 years together on the same committee and Ayers had a party or something to kick off Obama's foray into politics in the early 90s. Obama and Ayers relationship is more than just acquaintances, even if Ayers isn't someone he shares ideas with, it's still very questionable.

It has nothing with label Obama as terrorist or related, anyone who talk like then they are losing my respect if label Obama as terrorist, 1960's is just like more than 40 years ago, Sarah Palin don't got it about label him as terrorist, that's unnecessary, she should care about her election, not Obama or Biden.

Sarah Palin has more negative views than being positive, however alot of things to say about her situations, she isn't going to change our vote and trust on her, she's just want play games with someone that could win the election. Due situation with lies about Kerry isn't hero in military, usually around Vietnam war then many Vietnam veterans are lost his election after swiftboat group made lies against Kerry then lost in election, just after hot toss in Ohio. I'm expected that Sarah Palin wouldn't give worst effect on Obama's election.

I'm opposing most of republican's views except for gun rights, however some republicans aren't very good on gun rights either.

Yeah, what Palin claim that Barack Obama "pals around with terrorists," is silly because Obama know Ayers at school... :roll:

Palin defends terrorist comment against Obama - Decision '08 - MSNBC.com

Yup, that's true, label him as terrorist isn't true and unnecessary, Ayers's situation has nothing to make Obama to being terrorist, if he do then he wouldn't candidate to running for US president, even he haven't any troubles with FBI or CIA.

I'm personally know that Sarah Palin is just love to trash on Obama, nothing is new since it has been happened and Obama would probably make speech back to her, she should care about herself, she's far too extreme, such as opposing on gay rights, that turn me off and she seems more worse than Bush's wife, I know Bush's wife is conservative but not extreme as Sarah does.

In Carson, CA, that where Sarah Palin's speech were held at Home Depot Center, I know this area and most conservative people from LA metro (including OC, Ventura and Inland Empire), San Diego metro and somewhere in CA were came to Carson to see her, mostly from Inland Empire (San Bernardino/Riverside), Orange County and possibly in San Diego that where contain about around 50% of republican, it will decline in eventually due switch in demographic and election from after 90's, that where more latino and other ethnic groups are reside in. Carson is mostly latino, black, filipino and white lefties, also republican is very narrowly in area that where speech were held.

Yup, that's true, label him as terrorist isn't true and unnecessary, Ayers's situation has nothing to make Obama to being terrorist, if he do then he wouldn't candidate to running for US president, even he haven't any troubles with FBI or CIA.

I'm personally know that Sarah Palin is just love to trash on Obama, nothing is new since it has been happened and Obama would probably make speech back to her, she should care about herself, she's far too extreme, such as opposing on gay rights, that turn me off and she seems more worse than Bush's wife, I know Bush's wife is conservative but not extreme as Sarah does.

In Carson, CA, that where Sarah Palin's speech were held at Home Depot Center, I know this area and most conservative people from LA metro (including OC, Ventura and Inland Empire), San Diego metro and somewhere in CA were came to Carson to see her, mostly from Inland Empire (San Bernardino/Riverside), Orange County and possibly in San Diego that where contain about around 50% of republican, it will decline in eventually due switch in demographic and election from after 90's, that where more latino and other ethnic groups are reside in. Carson is mostly latino, black, filipino and white lefties, also republican is very narrowly in area that where speech were held.

She has single handedly turned an intellectual and political forum into a case of juvenile name calling. Does she think she is back stage at a beauty pagent, or a cheer leading contest?

Not Every Woman Supports Women's Rights

August 29, 2008

Statement of NOW PAC Chair Kim Gandy on the Selection of Sarah Palin as John McCain's Vice Presidential Pick

Sen. John McCain's choice of Alaska governor Sarah Palin as his running mate is a cynical effort to appeal to disappointed Hillary Clinton voters and get them to vote, ultimately, against their own self-interest.

Gov. Palin may be the second woman vice-presidential candidate on a major party ticket, but she is not the right woman. Sadly, she is a woman who opposes women's rights, just like John McCain.

The fact that Palin is a mother of five who has a 4-month-old baby, a woman who is juggling work and family responsibilities, will speak to many women. But will Palin speak FOR women? Based on her record and her stated positions, the answer is clearly No.

In a gubernatorial debate, Palin stated emphatically that her opposition to abortion was so great, so total, that even if her teenage daughter was impregnated by a rapist, she would "choose life" -- meaning apparently that she would not permit her daughter to have an abortion.

Palin also had to withdraw her appointment of a top public safety commissioner who had been reprimanded for sexual harassment, although Palin had been warned about his background through letters by the sexual harassment complainant.

What McCain does not understand is that women supported Hillary Clinton not just because she was a woman, but because she was a champion on their issues. They will surely not find Sarah Palin to be an advocate for women.

Sen. Joe Biden is the VP candidate who appeals to women, with his authorship and championing of landmark domestic violence legislation, support for pay equity, and advocacy for women around the world.

Finally, as the chair of NOW's Political Action Committee, I am frequently asked whether NOW supports women candidates just because they are women. This gives me an opportunity to once again answer that question with an emphatic 'No.' We recognize the importance of having women's rights supporters at every level but, like Sarah Palin, not every woman supports women's rights.

Not Every Woman Supports Women's Rights: Statement on Sarah Palin

Would you consider Donald Rumsfeld as a terrorist because he shook his hand with Saddam Hussein?

If you want to support McCain then you can click "McCain" then you will read his news in MSNBC link.

Yes, true...

I personally think Palin is silly and ridiculous because Obama was 8 years old at that time.

It doesn't make Obama terrorist because he know Ayers. He do not involved those issues with him... How could Obama because he was 8 years old which is over 40 years ago... :roll:

It's not only gay rights but women's right as well... Yes I has to agree with you that she only care about herself.

When I was 15, I was friendly with this guy who is a neo-nazi/white supremacist because we had projects together and we'd have intelligent discussions about politics (nothing to do with racism). He was the only one who I could talk to about politics at 15 years old. By that basis alone, I guess I don't have a chance of being president!

She has single handedly turned an intellectual and political forum into a case of juvenile name calling. Does she think she is back stage at a beauty pagent, or a cheer leading contest?

I'm really bet so on both of them.

Very interesting to read, thanks for sharing.

It's really embarrassing for Sarah Palin to make fake claim and mistake on some of issues, also I had admit that Biden made few fake claim or mistake on issues about McCain, he is no worse than Sarah Palin.

25% tax bracket on over $42,000 for single, or $83,000 on couple or $90,000 for family of fours aren't too bad, just better than 50% in some European countries, such as Denmark and Sweden, also we need more funds to pay national debt off and increase more services as well. Tax cut does cause increase of national debt and risk of economic crisis.

So, now what does N.O.W. do with Mandel now that she has proclaimed support for McCain, actually, Palin....separate from the organization?

She and McCain have also opened pandora's box in regards to stirring up racist people in Clearwater, FL. They don't know what they're doing.

She and McCain have also opened pandora's box in regards to stirring up racist people in Clearwater, FL. They don't know what they're doing.

Yeah, I saw that. Scary stuff.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back