Votes: 12 66.7%
  • No.

Votes: 2 11.1%
  • It's broken, explain.

Votes: 1 5.6%
  • I have it but never use it, explain.

Votes: 3 16.7%

• Total voters
it was sorsenson. thats why i gave up. lol it was like 10 th time, screw it!

Sorry to heard about it.

There is no perfect. Believe or not. I met some of SVRS who don't know how to set up wireless, Windows Vista/7, etc and they asked me for help. I was like WTF. They are very good with old school like Windows XP and networking wired. Even Sorenson's tech support don't believe me that netgear have switch networking products, he thought netgear is for router only till I told him google "FS105" then he did and he was speechless. I used SVRS before till FCC cut.

Also, my friend's young brother who IT and he called to Sorenson about which recommend brand of wireless bridge for VP-200 and 2-3 tech supports told him that VP-200 won't work with wireless at all. He was pissed off big time and he HATE to see wired from 2nd floor (VP-200) to basement (router) so he was lucky and got right wireless bridge brand and no problem with with vp-200 thru wireless bridge for over year.

I have no problem Sorenson VRS VP-200 with DIR-655 Xtreme N Gigabit Router with Comcast ISP.

since getting my tablet for Christmas, I use the VP a lot!

I use my VP often to touch base with my ASL friends.

Sorry to heard about it.

Also, my friend's young brother who IT and he called to Sorenson about which recommend brand of wireless bridge for VP-200 and 2-3 tech supports told him that VP-200 won't work with wireless at all.

Problem is, with wireless there is always some sort of interference somewhere and can change from day to day so ALL VRS providers say the same thing - they cannot guarantee clear video 100% of the time so its easier to say its not supported as the R&D dept dont have the budget to prove in every imaginable instances to make it wireless.

However I can see this changing as more and more of us are doing it anyway and "starting" to accept the degraded video as a way of life.

Hopefully we can come up with a wireless frequency that will work over 95% of time without harmful radiowaves that will work with your local ISP.

Fact: Wired system is faster and smoother than wireless system. Google it. I learned it from VP installer.

Yes, but a wired system isn't feasible for everyone.
A VP installer would say "oh, no, your router is in the living room and you want your VP installed in your bedroom". Know what he/she would recommend? VP to be installed in your living room instead so it can be hard-wired to the router in the same room for better video quality. If a client says "no, I want VP in my bedroom wirelessly", then he/she should not complain about poor video quality.

A VP installer would say "oh, no, your router is in the living room and you want your VP installed in your bedroom". Know what he/she would recommend? VP to be installed in your living room instead so it can be hard-wired to the router in the same room for better video quality. If a client says "no, I want VP in my bedroom wirelessly", then he/she should not complain about poor video quality.

Totally agree.

The VP was hard-wired/connected to the router. It was all the wireless connections throughout the house (there were several of us using different computers/laptops) that all got disconnected all the time.

Totally agree.

The VP was hard-wired/connected to the router. It was all the wireless connections throughout the house (there were several of us using different computers/laptops) that all got disconnected all the time.
Off the topic, I read that when streaming a Netflix movie via a wireless adapter on a TV, it takes much longer than the wired system which I prefer.

We use Netflix all the time. The Netflix has always been connected to the wireless, and not hard-wired, so I actually have nothing to compare to. I hadn't noticed that Netflix was slow on our wireless, so .. either we are lucky or I don't know what I'm missing :)

It is bad way to compare Netflix and videophone, the difference between vp and Netflix is obvious. The difference is that Netflix is canned videotream and it uses TCP protocol which means that it has the ability to correct themselves but with delays. Since it is canned videoso delay is more acceptable WHILE videophone is a REAL TIME and they use UDP protocol which does not have self correction and timing is more important than correcting, if it requires correction then one will complain freezing video.

Never compare real time application with canned application.

If ur not clear, then ask yourself why you often see buffering when start watch YouTube or netflix, what does buffering means?

Problem is, with wireless there is always some sort of interference somewhere and can change from day to day so ALL VRS providers say the same thing - they cannot guarantee clear video 100% of the time so its easier to say its not supported as the R&D dept dont have the budget to prove in every imaginable instances to make it wireless.

However I can see this changing as more and more of us are doing it anyway and "starting" to accept the degraded video as a way of life.

Hopefully we can come up with a wireless frequency that will work over 95% of time without harmful radiowaves that will work with your local ISP.

Just set at 5Ghz to avoid from interference 2.4Ghz is old news about interference. Yes, 2.4Ghz is famous interference for almost everything like A/C, microwave,2.5Ghz cordless phone, and too many WIFI 2.4 Ghz.

Sorenson does not make sense to me. They don't like that idea or wont recommend for wireless adapter for VP-200 or NTouch but they sell iPad 2 which iPad2 is wireless only and no one complained about iPad 2 so far. Why? iPad have 5Ghz ready.

Fact: Wired system is faster and smoother than wireless system. Google it. I learned it from VP installer.

VP need around 256 kbps/sec,Wireless N is 300 Mbit/s. LAN 100 (hard wired) is 100mbits/s (most common for Sorenson's router is only LAN 100)

At point, WIRED or WIRELESS N does not matter as VP under 1 Mbit/s.

It is bad way to compare Netflix and videophone, the difference between vp and Netflix is obvious. The difference is that Netflix is canned videotream and it uses TCP protocol which means that it has the ability to correct themselves but with delays. Since it is canned videoso delay is more acceptable WHILE videophone is a REAL TIME and they use UDP protocol which does not have self correction and timing is more important than correcting, if it requires correction then one will complain freezing video.

Never compare real time application with canned application.

If ur not clear, then ask yourself why you often see buffering when start watch YouTube or netflix, what does buffering means?

I hate to tell you but some of your info was not true.

The netflix uses streaming and streaming WON'T work without TCP AND UDP.

Do you know what different between buffering and steaming?

You don't noticed that netflix (steaming) is quick than youtube (buffering)?

Again, Netflix is real-time video.

Dont believe me? Check the link out.

Rainforest Media Server - Overview

I hate to tell you but some of your info was not true.

The netflix uses streaming and streaming WON'T work without TCP AND UDP.

Do you know what different between buffering and steaming?

You don't noticed that netflix (steaming) is quick than youtube (buffering)?

Again, Netflix is real-time video.

Dont believe me? Check the link out.

Rainforest Media Server - Overview

Your Rainforest sample is irrelevant - this is a media server that converts videos to FLV on the server side and then the user views videos with flash. That is very different from VP streaming.

Your Rainforest sample is irrelevant - this is a media server that converts videos to FLV on the server side and then the user views videos with flash. That is very different from VP streaming.

This is just give you a idea about between buffering and steaming. Not just Rainforest sample.

Back