Vegetarians?

Jellybean

Reaction score
How many of you have tried to go vegetarian? I tried a couple of times, just to see if I felt any different.

Every time I've experimented with it I felt lighter and healthy but fatigued at the same time.

Walking past the Chic Filet signs at the mall and reading the sign the cow holds that says "Eat more Chicken!" makes me think I'll eat the chicken, and then when I'm done with that your next! Even canned meat :spam: looks good during those times.

I didnt even try to eat meat..

these Meats didnt make me want to eat them..

When you have dinner, can you name a couple of your favorite main courses? I might like to try them.

hmm
green pea! Mash potato with soy butter! corn! Soy Milk! umm and i forgot what it call but it look like chicken patty thing with BBQ..nope it isnt real meat..more like from bacca company...bacca made good veggie meat..
veggie meat - not from real animals..
i love that kind of dinner :)
:wiggle:

Green peas are good! I took some peas, some onions, some water and a little olive oil and put them in my Magic Bullet to make a thick kind of soup. Yum! Bacca does put out good products. I had forgotten about those.

On the other hand, I can't stand soy milk and I don't know why because I can buy firm tofu and eat it plain right out of it's container and enjoy it. It all comes from the same plant.

I was a veggie for 2 years till my iron levels in my system dropped so bad it looked like I was bleeding internally. Not good but now I'm a free range eater because I still believe slaughter houses and stuff like that is horribley wrong but because i have to eat meat so I don't get sick again. I eat free range which is any meat that the animal was raised in like a pasture and not in a buliding that they are alowwed to roam and walk around and eat as natural of food as possible. Also they are usually killed more humanly.

hmm
more like from bacca company...bacca made good veggie meat..

I think you mean Boca? Boca meat is not as good as Garden meat which has like sundried tomato's and basil cooked right in and it's extremely good.

I was a veggie for 2 years till my iron levels in my system dropped so bad it looked like I was bleeding internally. Not good but now I'm a free range eater because I still believe slaughter houses and stuff like that is horribley wrong but because i have to eat meat so I don't get sick again. I eat free range which is any meat that the animal was raised in like a pasture and not in a buliding that they are alowwed to roam and walk around and eat as natural of food as possible. Also they are usually killed more humanly.

I think you mean Boca? Boca meat is not as good as Garden meat which has like sundried tomato's and basil cooked right in and it's extremely good.

depend how ur taste like these different kind of taste...
my taste to go boca or bacca whatever it spell..

depend how ur taste like these different kind of taste...
my taste to go boca or bacca whatever it spell..
It's boca lol. I don't know I really liked boca for awhile but than after awhile it just got boring and i needed to introduce new flavors which the garden burgers let me do.

The other thing is that they don't fill me up. I could eat, like five boca burgers and still feel hungry! :) Of course that's why I add in baked potatoes and various veggies. I love baked potatoes. Geeze, now I'm all hungry. :)

I eat meat twice a week, fish once a week. I got to have it because of my iron count. I don't trust iron pills or vitamins. To me, it's a fake. I'm trying to eat more fruit and veggies but it's not easy. I'll wait the kids leave the house and then I'll try it again.

It's boca lol. I don't know I really liked boca for awhile but than after awhile it just got boring and i needed to introduce new flavors which the garden burgers let me do.

then try eat boca for a while then eat garden meat thing then go switch back and forth..
it wont stop ur boring tasting :P

I eat meat twice a week, fish once a week. I got to have it because of my iron count. I don't trust iron pills or vitamins. To me, it's a fake. I'm trying to eat more fruit and veggies but it's not easy. I'll wait the kids leave the house and then I'll try it again.

I take 5 pills a day...
I'm doing fine since
cuz I went to doctor and to take blood test..
I'm doing better than before..

It makes it so much easier when the fruits and veggies are fresh and not canned. I have canned stuff as "just in case" stuff, but if I can get to the grocery store, it's fresh all the way.

The worst are eating tomatoes or apples when they are out of season. You can tell ones that are fresh and ones that taste as if they have been sitting in storage crates for a couple of months.

see that's why i have to is because of my iron count not staying balanced and high enough and i tried the pills but my iron count still wasn't stable

Cant go vegetarian cuz I love beef tacos too much. :giggle:

Never could become a Vegetarian or a Health Nut, but I do enjoy many different styles of food... so some vegetarian dishes are delish!

The other thing is that they don't fill me up. I could eat, like five boca burgers and still feel hungry! :) Of course that's why I add in baked potatoes and various veggies. I love baked potatoes. Geeze, now I'm all hungry. :)

I think part of that is because fat makes us feel full. Meat has a lot of fat (and especially cholesterol, saturated fat and trans fat, really unhealthy stuff--you want more of the unsaturated fat).

So when you eat non-meat goods, you don't feel the fat. You can usually change that a little. You can have a little mayo added to your veggie sub, for example. I don't recall what's in mayo, so you might want to check that.

Back