Vegetarian/Vegans: What do you think about this?

Well, that would solve the water problem. What about food? The flesh of many cacti is poisonous. And if you are on a desert island and not familiar with the native plants, how would you know which were safe to eat and which weren't, or which would fill your nutritional requirements to keep you alive?

Trial and error.(of course not too many errors if you survive):cool2:

Well, that would solve the water problem. What about food? The flesh of many cacti is poisonous. And if you are on a desert island and not familiar with the native plants, how would you know which were safe to eat and which weren't, or which would fill your nutritional requirements to keep you alive?

Jiro has to drink that water to make sure that it is safe for us to drink it. Is that sound a good idea? Actually, we shouldn't let him to drink the whole water.

with sufficient water.... you can last as long as 3 weeks without food but you're gonna be fucked up LOL

Animals are meant to kill other animals in a natural and normal fashion- hunting with only the weapons their body has been outfitted with. I have no problem whatsoever with that. Likewise, if a human goes out hunting, even with additional weapons, and eats what they hunt, I don't have a problem with that. I wouldn't do it myself in a non-extreme situation, but I don't judge others for it. I don't feel 'left out' in the slightest because it is both my choice and what is healthiest for me.

It is people that buy shrink-wrapped packages of beef from the grocery store that I have a problem with. There is nothing natural or normal about it, never-mind all the issues with animals being abused during their lives up until the time they are slaughtered. In my opinion, this is not right. Since I live in a modern country with good access to vegan foods, I see no reason to personally participate in that.

If I was stranded on an island without anything to eat but animals (unlikely!) I would die without access to medicine and metabolic formula (food made without a certain 'aspect' of protein which I cannot process), so it would not be worth eating meat and decreasing my level of mental function and ability to try to get off of the island to temporarily fill a need, hunger.

That said, in the imaginary world where eating meat in any significant amounts would not make me sick, yes, I would probably eat it. As was said, that is survival instinct.

Animals are meant to kill other animals in a natural and normal fashion- hunting with only the weapons their body has been outfitted with. I have no problem whatsoever with that. Likewise, if a human goes out hunting, even with additional weapons, and eats what they hunt, I don't have a problem with that. I wouldn't do it myself in a non-extreme situation, but I don't judge others for it. I don't feel 'left out' in the slightest because it is both my choice and what is healthiest for me.

It is people that buy shrink-wrapped packages of beef from the grocery store that I have a problem with. There is nothing natural or normal about it, never-mind all the issues with animals being abused during their lives up until the time they are slaughtered. In my opinion, this is not right. Since I live in a modern country with good access to vegan foods, I see no reason to personally participate in that.

I totally agree.

If I was stranded on an island without anything to eat but animals (unlikely!) I would die without access to medicine and metabolic formula (food made without a certain 'aspect' of protein which I cannot process), so it would not be worth eating meat and decreasing my level of mental function and ability to try to get off of the island to temporarily fill a need, hunger.

That said, in the imaginary world where eating meat in any significant amounts would not make me sick, yes, I would probably eat it. As was said, that is survival instinct.

I'm just curious, Alesser, as I agree with the context of what you have said. Would you consider intelligence to be one of those weapons?

I'm just curious, Alesser, as I agree with the context of what you have said. Would you consider intelligence to be one of those weapons?

Absolutely. We're not be lightening fast or easy to hide or outfitted with claws or venom, but we do have the ability to plan a hunt and successfully execute it, which is as much a natural weapon as anything- the ability to 'out-think' our prey.

Absolutely. We're not be lightening fast or easy to hide or outfitted with claws or venom, but we do have the ability to plan a hunt and successfully execute it, which is as much a natural weapon as anything- the ability to 'out-think' our prey.

I thought that would be your answer, but did not want to assume without asking. Thank you.;)

No. Just curious, I suppose. There are those that wouldn't consider intelligence to be a weapon, but having read so many of your posts, I didn't really think that you were such a concrete thinker as that.:)

When I stay at equator or tropical areas, my hunger for meat goes down. Fish and vegetables is more than sufficent. But when going up in mountains or staying in dark and cold areas for long times, I need meat. I suspect this is part of why we are created with different sets of teeth. Remember a TV show where a guy said he would die if he did not get some meat when staying in sibir.

Back