Vegetarian/Vegans: What do you think about this?

I would definately eat humans to survive.

I would eat even eat beets if I had to.

They are the grossest root or vegetable I have ever tasted.

Just because someone choose a certain diet. It is not soley on survival. It is a diet. It is what they choose to eat.

The ones that wants to live the survival instinct will eventually take over. If one is hungry enough. They will not have a choice. They will purely eat anything edible to live!

I remember watching a documentary about a plane crash. Umm. It got to a point to the survivors ate the dead victims. To live.

Do I need to say more?

That make sense, nope you don't need to say more. Thanks :)

We already do. We hunt animals and eat them. We have canine teeth like animals do so we are suppose to eat meat.

Yeah, the animal with shape teeth like exotic cats, shark, etc also see us in meat... :cold: Can you image how you feel when they hunt you for their dinner... :Ohno:

you're referring to Andes plane survivors back in 1972. It's a movie called ALIVE. It was harrowing...
Yeah... even more bizarre was the fact that it happened on Friday the 13th of October. :Ohno:

I remember seeing that movie too.

I agree that it's something to ponder about. We eat meat because it's part of nature. What we choose to eat is up to us. If we decide to be vegetarians, then we eat vegetables. I'm not going to say "OMG! You're crazy!" to a person who refuses to eat meat. Sure, I might say something like... "Aww, come on... have some of this delicious steak!" But I won't push it intentionally.

I agree that it's something to ponder about. We eat meat because it's part of nature. What we choose to eat is up to us. If we decide to be vegetarians, then we eat vegetables. I'm not going to say "OMG! You're crazy!" to a person who refuses to eat meat. Sure, I might say something like... "Aww, come on... have some of this delicious steak!" But I won't push it intentionally.

Oh, I think I saw you eating a lot of veggie burgers when I was in the back room. Just kidding. Yes, I do understand you. I would say the same thing what you said but in the opposition of a steak. Oh well.

In other lifetime in year of 5000, it might be a new way like man-made food pills instead of all meats and plants - who knows. That would not be us in that year. Sure, it could be too creepy for us to think of that.

Vegetarian/Vegans: How do you react when the animals kill other animals to have foods while you cannot? Is it nature to you?

Well, I can understand it is nature. Like, some animals are only-meats eaters while there are both-meats-n-veggies eaters and veggies-only eaters. It's, indeed, a nature. But that DOESN'T make okay to abuse and torture toward animals for the food, just because "animals kill animals" means "it's okay to treat them like hell for food". :roll: =/

Someone already posted a good video clip of how animals were killed in a brutal way for the food.

Would you do the same for the surivival?

I would not take any meat since there are so many berries, fruits, plants, and etc etc that you can actually eat. :)

I would not take any meat since there are so many berries, fruits, plants, and etc etc that you can actually eat. :)

not if you live at arid territory. In most places - most plants are not edible, poisonous, or..... insufficient. If you live in tropical area or jungle or Alaska... you're in luck!

not if you live at arid territory. In most places - most plants are not edible, poisonous, or..... insufficient. If you live in tropical area or jungle or Alaska... you're in luck!

If I am in an arid territory, then I can just move in another location who have any jungle or whatever it is then I am still in luck :)

EDIT: Even its too far, let it be so.

If I am in an arid territory, then I can just move in another location who have any jungle or whatever it is then I am still in luck :)

EDIT: Even its too far, let it be so.

I think this is referring to disaster-related. Say.... your plane crashed and you survived. you can't exactly move to jungle from arid territory lol :cool2:

I think this is referring to disaster-related. Say.... your plane crashed and you survived. you can't exactly move to jungle from arid territory lol :cool2:

And, there is STILL always an another option. I'm sure of it. :)

It gets pretty confusing, doesn't it? Just because we have two canine teeth doesn't make us carnivores, nor are we frujivores (fruit-eating). I guess we are omnivores. The best thing I can do is to look to the chimpanzees, our closest relative. They eat meat when they can, but meat is not a major part of their diet. They eat fruits, leaves, seeds, stems, bark, insects, and meat, with their diets being about 60% fruits, 30% other vegitation, and 10% animal matter. (I read the latter someplace but cannot remember the link, sorry.) I guess it is entirely up to us to eat what we want.

It gets pretty confusing, doesn't it? Just because we have two canine teeth doesn't make us carnivores, nor are we frujivores (fruit-eating). I guess we are omnivores. The best thing I can do is to look to the chimpanzees, our closest relative. They eat meat when they can, but meat is not a major part of their diet. They eat fruits, leaves, seeds, stems, bark, insects, and meat, with their diets being about 60% fruits, 30% other vegitation, and 10% animal matter. (I read the latter someplace but cannot remember the link, sorry.) I guess it is entirely up to us to eat what we want.

Oh I watched a PBS show on TV about chimpanzees a few weeks ago. A female chimpanzee group breaks a policy not to escape the male group. Some male chimpanzees get angry and search them somewhere in the jungle. The male ones found them and attacked them viciously. Strangely, the male chimpazees ate the female chimpazee to show other females to proof that they were forced to learn a lesson. That is so weird.

no need to look at chimp. just look at our teeth and digestive system. we have incisors, canines, and molars. our digestive system is capable of digesting fruit, meat, and vegetable. The choice of diet is simply depends on the availability of food in your surrounding.

assuming you have a knife. if not..... epic fail

Maybe, a flat rock to cut the cactus if possible. Or, just pull the thorns and then break the cactus in half with your hands. Don't sit your ass on the cactus by your mistake. lol

Maybe, a flat rock to cut the cactus if possible. Or, just pull the thorns and then break the cactus in half with your hands. Don't sit your ass on the cactus by your mistake. lol

Well, that would solve the water problem. What about food? The flesh of many cacti is poisonous. And if you are on a desert island and not familiar with the native plants, how would you know which were safe to eat and which weren't, or which would fill your nutritional requirements to keep you alive?

Back