Vegetarian/Vegans: What do you think about this?

Hwy99

Reaction score
Vegetarian/Vegans: How do you react when the animals kill other animals to have foods while you cannot? Is it nature to you? Would you do the same for the surivival?

Vegetarian/Vegans: How do you react when the animals kill other animals to have foods while you cannot? Is it nature to you? Would you do the same for the surivival?

We already do. We hunt animals and eat them. We have canine teeth like animals do so we are suppose to eat meat.

Or are you talking about humans hunting humans? I'm not quite sure.

We already do. We hunt animals and eat them. We have canine teeth like animals do so we are suppose to eat meat.

Piyo's asking a very interesting question. an interesting one indeed! I've never thought of it before. He's asking how you, as a Vegan/Vegetarian, think about animals killing another animals for food.

and another question - You're a vegan/vegetarian but would you eat animal for survival purpose? for example - your plane crashed.. you're in middle of nowhere... you're hungry. would you kill animal to eat?

Piyo's asking a very interesting question. an interesting one indeed! I've never thought of it before. He's asking how you, as a Vegan/Vegetarian, think about animals killing another animals for food.

and another question - You're a vegan/vegetarian but would you eat animal for survival purpose? for example - your plane crashed.. you're in middle of nowhere... you're hungry. would you kill animal to eat?

Thanks! Jiro!

Yes this is interesting!

I know. I would eat anything edible to survive even bugs!

I have been a vegetarian in the past, through choice.

Animals who are not human don't have the choice. They don't have power of higher thinking. Instinct controls them.

For pure survival, I think instinct would take over and a vegetarian would have to eat meat.

Thanks! Jiro!

Yes this is interesting!

I know. I would eat anything edible to survive even bugs!

so would I but you're not a vegan/vegetarian (correct me if I'm wrong) so I'm curious as well to know what hardcore vegan/vegetarian would say about this.

so would I but you're not a vegan/vegetarian (correct me if I'm wrong) so I'm curious as well to know what hardcore vegan/vegetarian would say about this.

Survival is the strongest instinct we have. I think it would take over.

It's for people who don't eat meat at all, like the vegetarians and vegans.

Yup that's what I was trying to ask, thanks :)

I have been repeatly say that I would eat the meat if I really have to even though I am half-time vegetarian, like don't eat meat at my home, but eat meat when I am out of my home.

Animals who are not human don't have the choice. They don't have power of higher thinking. Instinct controls them.

For pure survival, I think instinct would take over and a vegetarian would have to eat meat.

Yeah, but like Zebras have no choice when their predators caught them, it's just like us the humans, when we caught the animals for foods, they have no choice nor if a Great White Shark caught us, we have no choice.

just like the cows eating cow meat.... which led to mad cow epidemic.

My sisters are vegatarians, one thing it does not make any sense if they have cats as pets. U know cats hunt birds, mices, squirrels, even lizards, bugs and kill them and ate them even they have plenty of cat foods and water.

Meat-eaters, please allow the vegetarian/vegans answer this question because they will be the only people would understand the question.

It's not about the instinct, but about how would they refuse to eat the meat while the animals do eat the meats as well.

My sisters are vegatarians, one thing it does not make any sense if they have cats as pets. U know cats hunt birds, mices, squirrels, even lizards, bugs and kill them and ate them even they have plenty of cat foods and water.

It's good question.

Meat-eaters, please allow the vegetarian/vegans answer this question because they will be the only people would understand the question.

It's not about the instinct, but about how would they refuse to eat the meat while the animals do eat the meats as well.
I do know those questions cuz I was once a vegetarian so anyway I will not answer to your question cuz I am way more senstive than my two sisters who are vegeatarian.

I think that you are a sort of twisting your words, but that's okay. I am a semi-vegetarian for a very long time. I never eat a meat except for fish and egg due Omega-3. This means that I am still alive. Otherwise, if people say that it's bad and they should eat a meat, here is a proof that I am still fine and happy.

If you want to know in case we are in a big forest place where there is no food, then we might have to make a hard choice by eating a meat for our survival. But, actually, we have not learned about wild root foods from the ground. Gee, I haven't thought of that. But, let's not that happen to us. Knock the wood.

My sister's dog is a full vegetarian for 10 years. He is still running around and healthy. I'm stunned.

I do know those questions cuz I was once a vegetarian so anyway I will not answer to your question cuz I am way more senstive than my two sisters who are vegeatarian.

Ohh my post wasn't target toward you, I am sorry for misunderstanding. Other members came here to say like "They have no choice, but allow us to kill them" which are not the answer. I want to know how how can the vegetarian/vegans ignore that animals do kill others for foods also. It have been disturbing my mind since I tried to practice to be vegetarian.

I think that you are a sort of twisting your words, but that's okay. I am a semi-vegetarian for a very long time. I never eat a meat except for fish and egg due Omega-3. This means that I am still alive. Otherwise, if people say that it's bad and they should eat a meat, here is a proof that I am still fine and happy.

If you want to know in case we are in a big forest place where there is no food, then we might have to make a hard choice by eating a meat for our survival. But, actually, we have not learned about wild root foods from the ground. Gee, I haven't thought of that. But, let's not that happen to us. Knock the wood.

My sister's dog is a full vegetarian for 10 years. He is still running around and healthy. I'm stunned.

I wasn't twisting my word, I was just having some of opimistic thoughts and curiousity :)

I can understand what you are saying, sometimes we have no choice. I agree with you, let's hope that it would never happens to us.

I am impressed by your sister's dog's vegetarian practice :)

Other species may not survive on a vegetarian diet. Most humans can.

**I am not a vegetarian.

I would eat even eat beets if I had to.

They are the grossest root or vegetable I have ever tasted.

Just because someone choose a certain diet. It is not soley on survival. It is a diet. It is what they choose to eat.

The ones that wants to live the survival instinct will eventually take over. If one is hungry enough. They will not have a choice. They will purely eat anything edible to live!

I remember watching a documentary about a plane crash. Umm. It got to a point to the survivors ate the dead victims. To live.

Do I need to say more?

I remember watching a documentary about a plane crash. Umm. It got to a point to the survivors ate the dead victims. To live.

Do I need to say more?

you're referring to Andes plane survivors back in 1972. It's a movie called ALIVE. It was harrowing...

you're referring to Andes plane survivors back in 1972. It's a movie called ALIVE. It was harrowing...

Yes.

They were crying as they ate. But they knew they had to in order to survive.

Back