US policeman used Taser on 72-year-old woman

Status
Not open for further replies.
*sigh*

ok then let's make a simple scenario for you. You were driving to wherever you're going via freeway. You were speeding 60 on 45. You got pulled over and it's same old traffic pull-over. Cop approached to you, asked for your license, registration and insurance. Cop went back to his car, wrote you up the ticket and then walked back to you for you to sign the ticket.

Would you sign the ticket?

If I was guilty of speeding under those specific circumstances, then yes. But could you please stop with the "if" situations, and stick to the situation at hand?

I´m well aware of US traffic law but I am here to voice my view why I disagree...

Actually, she violated the traffic law for 15 mph over speed limit but it´s not necassary to arrest her and taser her. It waste taxpayers´ money for arrest her over that 15 mph over speed limit.

Police Officer is very lucky that a lady is survived... What if she killed by taser... Occchhh

relax its only at least 50,000 volts your not gonna die from that albeit it will be painful I should know not something to play around with, but heres a question who was doing what they werent supposed to do the woman broke law , speeding, combative with officer, illegal, disobeyed a direct order several times, illegal, who was doing what they werent? the woman.

Yes I understood and agree that she should get a ticket for speed driving, not arrest and taser, period.

Liebling - Please try your best to remember that she DID GET ticket for speeding and she REFUSED to sign the ticket.

Answer this question - do you understand that it's the law to sign the ticket and that you can be arrested for not signing the ticket?

If I was guilty of speeding under those specific circumstances, then yes. But could you please stop with the "if" situations, and stick to the situation at hand?

ok good. Now what would happen if you refuse to sign the ticket?

good gracious, Bucket. I overlooked your post. forgive me.

yes I'm all about safety for all including law enforcement officers. Officers have to deal with many kinds of situation that were not in their trainings nor book. They do the best they can. They are humans, not robots. Some are more compassionate, some are too procedural. I lean toward to compassionate part because police officers are our community peacekeepers, not Gestapo secret police. However - we have to understand that while it may looks cold to us - the officers are trained to handle the situation as according to the procedures. The officer is trained as according to the procedure to subdue the hostile person for everybody's safety until the things can be sorted out.

And a trained officer has already stated that he was in awe by this officer's actions. Compassion? You have attempted at every turn to justify the tazing of a 72 year old woman.

And a trained officer has already stated that he was in awe by this officer's actions. Compassion? You have attempted at every turn to justify the tazing of a 72 year old woman.

no compassion in the fulfillment of the law, the law must be true to everyone under it, therefore no compassion must enter the eqaution (my own thoughts on that one)

Police Officer is very lucky that a lady is survived... What if she killed by taser... Occchhh

But she didn't die. Using Jillio's quote - could you please stop with the "if" situations, and stick to the situation at hand? :ty:

ok good. Now what would happen if you refuse to sign the ticket?

Like I said, Jiro, stop with the make believe and "if" situations. I don't have a cyrstal ball...I have no idea "what would happen if". And neither do you. Play those games with your G.I. Joes and your Robocop action figures, because it is nothing more than a bunch of make believe.

no compassion in the fulfillment of the law, the law must be true to everyone under it, therefore no compassion must enter the eqaution (my own thoughts on that one)

Doesn't surprise me at all. But my question was to Jiro, who was claiming to lean toward compassion.

Well I'm not a police officer. Like I said - it was legal and justified for him to use it. I'm sorry you didn't like it.

If it wasn't - he would be reprimanded, suspended, or fired but he's still in force, isn't it?

Like I said, Jiro, stop with the make believe and "if" situations. I don't have a cyrstal ball...I have no idea "what would happen if". And neither do you. Play those games with your G.I. Joes and your Robocop action figures, because it is nothing more than a bunch of make believe.

we allready toild you whats gonna happen, "denial isnt just a club outside mcmaynerberry hunny" (from king of the hill)

relax its only at least 50,000 volts your not gonna die from that albeit it will be painful I should know not something to play around with, but heres a question who was doing what they werent supposed to do the woman broke law , speeding, combative with officer, illegal, disobeyed a direct order several times, illegal, who was doing what they werent? the woman.

Are you actually saying that a taser jolt does not have the capacity to kill? You might want to explain that one to the number of victims who have died from it.

so what happens if you refused to sign the ticket? I want to make sure you're aware of traffic law since you're bragging about your 40 years of driving experience.

Again - we're not talking about me. We're talking about this 72 years old driver who broke the laws. Any people with common sense know that driving above 60mph is DANGEROUS. We don't live in country with autobahn or nice german cars. We live in USA with bad roads and many kinds of cars from crappy one to fancyo one.

I have seen most good freeway road in the USA. I also seen big and fancy cars there as well. We can drive speedly more than 60 mph. The US law over driving speed on the freeway is very old. Very low speed driving on the freeway cause accident due overtired and sleepy.

Conclusion - she's a dangerous and reckless driver because of her behavior

:confused: She is dangerous driver because of her behavior? or drove 15 mph over speed limit? :scratch:

Are you actually saying that a taser jolt does not have the capacity to kill? You might want to explain that one to the number of victims who have died from it.

source please? A number of victims died from it because they were on drugs

Well I'm not a police officer. Like I said - it was legal and justified for him to use it. I'm sorry you didn't like it.

If it wasn't - he would be reprimanded, suspended, or fired but he's still in force, isn't it?

Right, you aren't a police officer. Which invalidates your second point. So....why do you continue to insist that it was justified to taser a 72 year old woman accused of a traffic violation?

yeah one shot aint gonna kill you multiple shots from untrained people will kill you using it on someone with a serious medical condition yeah might kill you but just a person with no medical problems youll be fine

I cant believe some of you support tazering this old lady. She was only going 15 over. Maybe it was a speed trap. Or maybe she wasnt speeding at all. Maybe thats why she was so pissed. Cops sometimes make mistakes.

And some of you act like 15 over is reckless driving. Is 15 over so bad, that it justifies being tazered? Its like some of you want to punish this old lady for fatal accidents caused by other older drivers.

Yes I second that... :lol::roll::lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back