Unusual Thrift store finds

My in-laws just celebrated 60 years of marriage and we managed to hunt down a 1930's sterling silver set of two each with their own spoon and in a special made velvet box.

They were really thrilled. My father-in-law was a jeweler so he really loves those types of things.

And your set sounds impressive. I don't think I have seen a master salt cellar. Unless I did not know what I was looking at.

I would have loved to have that! Good job!

MO106C.jpg

This one ok?

:shock: I think I have one of those...better go find it and see if it is authenic.

I understand we are both from the same state - but I cannot think of what a brooch is. Care to explain?

I think DeafBajaGal may not be here so I will tell you a brooch is a pin with a shape like a flower or animal or even just geometrical shapes, and can be made of precious metals with stones, or bakelite, or base metal.

A woman wears this pinned to her dress below the left shoulder.

I think DeafBajaGal may not be here so I will tell you a brooch is a pin with a shape like a flower or animal or even just geometrical shapes, and can be made of precious metals with stones, or bakelite, or base metal.

Also, they were popular in the mid-80s.

Oh, it seems like one of those large pins that I see older ladies wear on Sundays or at social events.

Some are nice, but the majority Ive seen were outright hideous.

Oh, it seems like one of those large pins that I see older ladies wear on Sundays or at social events.

Some are nice, but the majority Ive seen were outright hideous.

The bolded are many people's feeling on the subject of brooches. Kind of love them or hate them.

I have seen some neat bakelite ones from the 1920's or so that were shaped like little dogs and I kind of liked them.

Back