United Nations' threat: No more parental rights

And a child can't consent.

I didn't say beat, I said hit.

I just don't understand why children are so much less protected than adults.

Children aren't less protected than adults. They are, in reality, far more protected.

It's not the specifics of the treaty that concern me as much as the idea that our sovereign nation should put itself under the control of an international organization such as the UN. Treaties are fine for international relations but they have no place in our country's internal affairs.

UN did not approve an invasion of Iraq, but US did invade Iraq, putting the sovereign of Iraq under control. Different rules for different countries? Just a bit puzzled ;)

I'm all for no spankings and any kind of child abuse.

My dad used to spank me so hard to the point that I almost threw up. :(

Oftentimes, my mom had to protect me from my dad, but when she wasn't home, I wasn't safe. And when she died, I was no longer safe.

UN did not approve an invasion of Iraq, but US did invade Iraq, putting the sovereign of Iraq under control. Different rules for different countries? Just a bit puzzled ;)

:topic:

I'm all for no spankings and any kind of child abuse.

My dad used to spank me so hard to the point that I almost threw up. :(

Oftentimes, my mom had to protect me from my dad, but when she wasn't home, I wasn't safe. And when she died, I was no longer safe.

then the way your dad spanked you was a form of child abuse. it's not within legal definition of "corporal punishment"

Back