United Nations' threat: No more parental rights

Exactly. And you discipline them because you do love them and realize that not disciplining a child actually does do them harm.

Yes especially when they are 3 and 5 and timeouts don't do anything against their hard headed attitudes that I think they get from me :giggle::giggle: I swear these girls are because my mom used the curse on me 'I hope your children do this exact thing to you 10 times over' :giggle::giggle:

btw to clarify cause I realized I'm not expressing myself good enough. I do spank, however if a bill had to be passed that said no spanking I'd be ok with it because I'm not abusive to my children.

However it's the other aspects of this that are not right and upset me, a lot.

Yes especially when they are 3 and 5 and timeouts don't do anything against their hard headed attitudes that I think they get from me :giggle::giggle: I swear these girls are because my mom used the curse on me 'I hope your children do this exact thing to you 10 times over' :giggle::giggle:

I can relate there! I had a hard headed one myself, and everytime I complained, my mother would say, "Where do you think he got it?":lol:

However it's the other aspects of this that are not right and upset me, a lot.

Of course you should be upset if we have to follow this so-called ridiculous UN law. why? because it's UN-AMERICAN. :mad2: whoever supports it is a Domestic Dissent and should be exiled. :mad2:

Of course you should be upset if we have to follow this so-called ridiculous UN law. why? because it's UN-AMERICAN. :mad2: whoever supports it is a Domestic Dissent and should be exiled. :mad2:

I especially hate the bit about homeschooling and how the gov could let your child go to prom if you had told them they were grounded. WTF kind of stuff is that? WOW

I especially hate the bit about homeschooling and how the gov could let your child go to prom if you had told them they were grounded. WTF kind of stuff is that? WOW

precisely why it's un-American. Notice that the links provided by Maria are unauthentic news sources. This UN treaty & links are probably created by some overly-zealous, pimply model UN students who are bitter of their strict parents. I should submit this story to The Onion :laugh2:

precisely why it's un-American. Notice that the links provided by Maria are unauthentic news sources. This UN treaty & links are probably created by some overly-zealous, pimply model UN students who are bitter of their strict parents. I should submit this story to The Onion :laugh2:

LOL you should!! I will have to say none of my friends from over the pond have mentioned anything near like this and most of them have more then 1 child, so I was sure I'd have heard of it.

I find what many people call "discipline" just big people hurting little people because they are angry and can.

I've never hit my children out of anger. *shrugs* If I'm angry they have to sit down with me. We talk about what they did and for my eldest I tell her 'You can have a time out or a spanking' most the time she chooses spanking. We talk about what she's done wrong and how to handle situations when she is upset (in the case of throwing things for example) I've never smacked my child with anything but my fingers, whole hand is not even used.

My youngest usually get a swat on diaper (she's 3) half the time she cries because she knows she's in trouble and then in the next moment she's running off fine

I've never hit my children out of anger. *shrugs* If I'm angry they have to sit down with me. We talk about what they did and for my eldest I tell her 'You can have a time out or a spanking' most the time she chooses spanking. We talk about what she's done wrong and how to handle situations when she is upset (in the case of throwing things for example) I've never smacked my child with anything but my fingers, whole hand is not even used.

My youngest usually get a swat on diaper (she's 3) half the time she cries because she knows she's in trouble and then in the next moment she's running off fine

Exactly. If you discipline your children when you are angry, you are making a big mistake right there. That's the making of abuse in and of itself.

It's not the specifics of the treaty that concern me as much as the idea that our sovereign nation should put itself under the control of an international organization such as the UN. Treaties are fine for international relations but they have no place in our country's internal affairs.

Really?

Read this:
Legal Right to Physically Discipline One’s Children - Children and the Law Blog

I find what many people call "discipline" just big people hurting little people because they are angry and can.

those twisted parents call it discipline. the law calls it CHILD ABUSE/FELONY CHILD BATTERY. What the parents did was WRONG. The current law does not condone this parents' method of corporal punishment.

The Court decided that “A parent is privileged to apply such reasonable force or to impose such reasonable confinement upon his [or her] child as he [or she] reasonably believes to be necessary for its proper control, training, or education.”

This parents were VERY LUCKY to get off with just misdemeanor.

Lawful Corporal Punishments
1. Spanking with your palm on his/her buttock is "reasonable force" within the law.
2. Confining your child to his/her room for a short while is within the law.

ILLEGAL Corporal Punishments
1. Using the belt or extension cord to welt the child that resulted in bruises IS ILLEGAL by USA laws.
2. Confining the child in dark, cold basement for long while is ILLEGAL
3. Confining the child in dog cage is ILLEGAL

what this UN treaty proposed is that ALL FORM of corporal punishment - even just a small gentle spank on the butt would be ILLEGAL. Scorning, punishing, disciplining, spanking your child in ANY way is ILLEGAL under UN treaty. That's a bunch of mickey mouse bullshit to me.

you are the example of a good, caring mother with firm discipline and rules.
grouphugg_smilie.gif

those twisted parents call it discipline. the law calls it CHILD ABUSE/FELONY CHILD BATTERY. What the parents did was WRONG. The current law does not condone this parents' method of corporal punishment.

This parents were VERY LUCKY to get off with just misdemeanor.

Lawful Corporal Punishments
1. Spanking with your palm on his/her buttock is "reasonable force" within the law.
2. Confining your child to his/her room for a short while is within the law.

ILLEGAL Corporal Punishments
1. Using the belt or extension cord to welt the child that resulted in bruises IS ILLEGAL by USA laws.
2. Confining the child in dark, cold basement for long while is ILLEGAL
3. Confining the child in dog cage is ILLEGAL

what this UN treaty proposed is that ALL FORM of corporal punishment - even just a small gentle spank on the butt would be ILLEGAL. Scorning, punishing, disciplining, spanking your child in ANY way is ILLEGAL under UN treaty. That's a bunch of mickey mouse bullshit to me.

Thank you! I was looking for the info you just posted to post it. but you saved me the trouble

Sure did. I find hitting your child with an extension cord on the naked skin to me inappropriate no matter what the offense.

Read what Jiro just posted. THAT is NOT within the USA's corporal punishment LAWS. That mother WAS being abusive. However a tap on the diapered butt of a 3 year old is not abuse and if you say it is i will laugh in your face and truthfully she (my three year old) probably would too lol Her and her sister are rougher when playing each other then my 'spankings' are

Sure did. I find hitting your child with an extension cord on the naked skin to me inappropriate no matter what the offense.

And the parent was charged with a crime as set forth by the law at the time.

Back