unfreaking believable...

It is getting really annoying of Sony putting up too much updates to this system.

Xbox360 and Wii usually get like one or two updates a year and for the PS3, gets like, 10 updates a year! no wonder alot of PS3 systems are fucked up and Sony still wont admit any fault to this. :roll:

and no, 3.15 did NOT fix my PS3. I just got the box from Sony so I will ship it back to them via UPS tomorrow.

I am getting tired of PS3 Firmware updating. This 3.0 or above are worst firmware I ever updated. I want FW 2.80 back!!!! No more updates for me. Yes, I am whined and complained. :roll:

unfucking believable? you mean fucking unbelievable. :rofl2:

poor Steel x...

that sucks man, I remember when I owned PS2, they always broke down on me when I had exchanged 3 of them, then I was like forget that. So I got rid of PS2 and got the original Xbox and never had any problem with it. I have xbox 360, it broke down once but they fixed it for free. Microsoft have really good customer service. Got it back within 2 weeks. :P Hope you get your PS3 fixed by their service man.

My box has been shipped to UPS today so it should arrive to Sony HQ in TX friday.

Yep Microsoft have FAR better customer service. They were very kind and had a fair deal on warranties and fixed mine for free and if break in the next 3 yrs, they will fix it again and re-new my warranty with no problem so thats good news for Microsoft. Sony...which I thought they were better than Microsoft at first cause of them having better hardware and stuff but...until that firmware attack Sony gave me a different opinion of them since. Microsoft accepted they are at fault with their updates and RRoD and offered to fix them for free, etc but Sony is quite different. If the PS3 worked fine for awhile til something odd happen after the update and Sony say it is not the firmware issue and they say you have to pay $150 for the repair. Sony has NOT accept any faults at this so it seems they aren't being honest to customers about this becoming a common problem. Sony will not give refunds if the games you buy via PSN are messed up as its like its your fault for buying a game you didn't even know could be messed up and you just got ripped off anyway. Microsoft may be a pretty greedy company but at least they dont seem so desperate to rip people off. Sony on the other hand seems to be so desperate for money they dont even care if they rip you off so they are indeed having an angry mob at Sony now.

There were rumors flooding around the net about Sony considering PSN to be a paid online service like Xbox live only because Sony is losing chucks of money due to poor sales on the slim PS3 versions and it upset many gamers feeling ripped off about this. PSN still isn't THAT free cause you have to pay for downloadable games, themes, add-ons, movies, etc...even $60 videogames! for crying out loud, how much money do Sony seriously need?? I can see why they charged me $150 for the disc reader that THEY broke with their stupid firmware...they are so fucking greedy.

If they expect me to pay $50 a year for the online service as Xbox live, Sony can kiss my ass. I felt they betrayed us from the beginning. So screw sony.

My box has been shipped to UPS today so it should arrive to Sony HQ in TX friday.

Yep Microsoft have FAR better customer service. They were very kind and had a fair deal on warranties and fixed mine for free and if break in the next 3 yrs, they will fix it again and re-new my warranty with no problem so thats good news for Microsoft. Sony...which I thought they were better than Microsoft at first cause of them having better hardware and stuff but...until that firmware attack Sony gave me a different opinion of them since. Microsoft accepted they are at fault with their updates and RRoD and offered to fix them for free, etc but Sony is quite different. If the PS3 worked fine for awhile til something odd happen after the update and Sony say it is not the firmware issue and they say you have to pay $150 for the repair. Sony has NOT accept any faults at this so it seems they aren't being honest to customers about this becoming a common problem. Sony will not give refunds if the games you buy via PSN are messed up as its like its your fault for buying a game you didn't even know could be messed up and you just got ripped off anyway. Microsoft may be a pretty greedy company but at least they dont seem so desperate to rip people off. Sony on the other hand seems to be so desperate for money they dont even care if they rip you off so they are indeed having an angry mob at Sony now.

There were rumors flooding around the net about Sony considering PSN to be a paid online service like Xbox live only because Sony is losing chucks of money due to poor sales on the slim PS3 versions and it upset many gamers feeling ripped off about this. PSN still isn't THAT free cause you have to pay for downloadable games, themes, add-ons, movies, etc...even $60 videogames! for crying out loud, how much money do Sony seriously need?? I can see why they charged me $150 for the disc reader that THEY broke with their stupid firmware...they are so fucking greedy.

If they expect me to pay $50 a year for the online service as Xbox live, Sony can kiss my ass. I felt they betrayed us from the beginning. So screw sony.

Wow, just wow. :shock: *whisper* I will get Xbox 360 this Christmas. :)

Wow, I understand about how are you feeling.

That's reason because I picked Xbox 360 over PS3.

I rather to buy game disc from store than buy from download and have wait 8 hours on 8 GB at same price.

I just got 120GB Slim PS3 w/ BlueRay for my sons on Christmas and Thanks for the info about firmware issue. I won't download firmware update until I hear no problem from other users... I read the information in Support- PS3 firmware download. They explain that don't download from other website (like 3rd party website) that might have been hacked or modded which can damage PS3 and Sony won't support warranty repair on that.

Copied from Sony Playstation website:

Notices

* Do not download or install updates using data other than official update data provided online or on disc media by Sony Computer Entertainment, and do not download or install updates by methods other than those described in the system documentation or on this website. If you download or install update data from another source, by another method, or with a PS3™ system that has been altered or modified in any way, the PS3™ system may not operate properly and may not be able to install the official update data. Any of these actions may void the PS3™ system warranty and affect your ability to obtain warranty services and repair services from Sony Computer Entertainment.
* This update is for PS3™ systems purchased in North America. DO NOT update your PS3™ system through this website if you purchased your system outside North America. There is no guarantee of proper operation with other models sold outside North America.
* The system software and system software updates installed on your system are subject to a limited license from Sony Computer Entertainment Inc. Refer to PLAYSTATION3 EULA for details.
* If your PS3™ system software version is 3.15 (or later), you do not need to perform this update. To check the version of your system software, go to Settings (Settings) > System Settings (System Settings) > [System Information]. The information is shown in the [System Software] field.
* This system software update includes all features contained in previous versions.
* To play some software or use some features, you may first need to update the system software.

If you already downloaded it directly from Sony Playstation website, IMHO, It's their fault. I would agree with you. :mad: :pissed:

Sony have given 3 options to install Firmware Update,

1) System update from Sony to PS3 through internet connection.
2) Using PC to download and transfer file to flashdrive of any type that have USB adapter or use USB flashdrive. Then plug it to PS3 and update the Firmware
3) Burn Firmware file to CD or obtain Firmware Update from Sony.

Sometime, internet connection do have glitches that cause file to get mess up. It MIGHT have happen that your PS3 Firmware got screwed up due to that. File do get downloaded but in between downloading, it might have skipped certain programming code then finished appearing that it's a fully downloaded file but it's not. I'm surprised that Sony don't even bother to have MD5 Hash to check the file to be sure it's 100% matched with MD5 file. In that way it's a safe bet to have good download.

Sony should have known that firmware do get skewed during download. They should just take it and reprogram Firmware and send it back with warranty. If I ever own Sony, I would rather be flexible and be sure that BIOS in PS3 is removeable so it can be replaced or reflashed. So to keep customers happy.

Since that my son's new Slim PS3 isn't connected to network because they currently yet to have friends who have PS3 with network connection to play together. I would just leave it as is.

Thanks for info even though you're :pissed: over Sony. I would be careful not to get PS3 screwed up.

Catty

3.15 firmware was out afew weeks ago so...I havent really heard of any major crashes with it unlike 3.00 thru 3.10.

*scoffs* my xbox360 RRoDed twice. I can only hope it wont happen again.

I read that some other ppl has went thru 10 to 15 Xbox360s...no joke.

My PS3 which is under warranty until next month is having color issues at the moment, which it cannot display in full color and I don't know why - I did a full restore in my PS# seeing to take attempt to solve the problem, unfortunately, it didn't.

Now, I called Sony last night and they weren't helpful, they even told me to arrange me to get them to fix the problem.

Do anyone know how to fix this issue?

The cable is componets (blue, red, and green) as the HDMI is being used for my other TV.

My PS3 which is under warranty until next month is having color issues at the moment, which it cannot display in full color and I don't know why - I did a full restore in my PS# seeing to take attempt to solve the problem, unfortunately, it didn't.

Now, I called Sony last night and they weren't helpful, they even told me to arrange me to get them to fix the problem.

The cable is componets (blue, red, and green) as the HDMI is being used for my other TV.

See, a perfect example to show that Sony's customer service really sucks to the core.

Just forward all of your post to MS and would more benefits to MS as give Sony so more attention to take care of issue with PS3. :lol:

Clarke, didn't you try other cables such as the composite or the HDMI to see if there's a difference?

Back