unfreaking believable...

Pay me for my college tutitions then I'll learn how to make software for you folks at Sony. :P If you don't pay me...then I'm not going. ;)
Sadly, I no come from Sony.. I am from crapOsony :thumb:

why dont you go to PS3 forums see what other folks did, maybe they might be able to help instruct you to flash in your own fix (from them ofc) but its likely to be for advanced engineering/electronics dude and you'd likely to have trouble sourcing the means of flashing...just go in there find out you might find someone living not far from you who might help , try it
good luck

Well, I have called the customer service again and still not much help. Keeps telling me that I require service request number which I have no clue of, and provided phone number and we do not have a house phone anymore and I have said the number of a cell phone and they said the number is invalid. *sigh* It's more frustrating than calling Microsoft trying to get their stupid shipping box to send it in for them.

Can anyone help me on this?

Well, I have called the customer service again and still not much help. Keeps telling me that I require service request number which I have no clue of, and provided phone number and we do not have a house phone anymore and I have said the number of a cell phone and they said the number is invalid. *sigh* It's more frustrating than calling Microsoft trying to get their stupid shipping box to send it in for them.

Can anyone help me on this?

Do you have a 10 digit VP number?

Try that number to see if it will let you through to the support

No I don't have VP. I tried to call them thru IP relay.

Now that you mention it...I'll have to try and see the next time I call them.

You know what's interesting? Sony wrote in the user's agreement BEFORE the PS3 first came out back in 2006 stating that they are NOT responsible to any damage caused to the PS3 by any means, especially if something weird happened AFTER an firmware update, they are still not responsible for that...how clever.

Obviously, as the way they wrote it, it sounds like they KNEW the updates can cause malfunctions to the PS3, yet, they refuse to accept any responsibility at this WTF?

We are FORCED to update everytime they release one, so we can continue to keep playing games on the PS3...and ever since 3.00, 3.01, and 3.10 more and more AND more people day by day report problems with the PS3 and Sony still charge EVERYONE $150 for the repair...even thou they are the ones who made the firmware breaking alot of PS3s...how fucking clever of them. That is there way of preventing themselves in trouble with any owners who may sue them in court and that's why this recent court case is dismissing soon cause of the stupid user's agreement.

Naw, I'm not replacing my 60GB model (upgraded to 320GB) for the 120GB slim that doesn't even play PS2 games.

I'm still taking it in to Sony even if I have to pay $150...which is much better than paying $300 just for a new system...kind of a waste, if you ask me.

You can use switch from your old PS3's 320GB HDD to new PS3 slim and PS3 slim is power efficiency and less heat than old PS3 PLUS PS3 slim come with warranty. What's happen if you spend $150 for repair and mess up again then spend another $150. Who know!

PS3 slim's warranty is win.

PlayStation 3 Slim review -- Engadget

I thought PS3 slim and PS3 are not PS2 compat.

You can use switch from your old PS3's 320GB HDD to new PS3 slim and PS3 slim is power efficiency and less heat than old PS3 PLUS PS3 slim come with warranty. What's happen if you spend $150 for repair and mess up again then spend another $150. Who know!

PS3 slim's warranty is win.

PlayStation 3 Slim review -- Engadget

I thought PS3 slim and PS3 are not PS2 compat.
older models 20GB, 60GB, and 80GB with 4 USB ports, memory stick reader, etc...are all PS2 compatible. Newer models such as 40GB, 80GB, 160GB, slim version of 120GB and 250GB models with only two USB ports, however, do not. I do not have a PS2 system anymore and I havent finished all the PS2 games I have yet.

older models 20GB, 60GB, and 80GB with 4 USB ports, memory stick reader, etc...are all PS2 compatible. Newer models such as 40GB, 80GB, 160GB, slim version of 120GB and 250GB models with only two USB ports, however, do not. I do not have a PS2 system anymore and I havent finished all the PS2 games I have yet.

Who say to toss your old p3 away? You can keep your old P3 for play PS2 only. :giggle:
Who want more than four USB ports? That's all you need two ports for controller and fan/keyboard. Good enough.

Steel X, have you tried out the video store called Trade n Play? They have repairing services available.

Play N Trade :: Home

I visited the store in my area a few days ago. I liked it, but it doesn't have many of PC games I wanted to check out.

Steel X, have you tried out the video store called Trade n Play? They have repairing services available.

I visited the store in my area a few days ago. I liked it, but it doesn't have many of PC games I wanted to check out.

Trade in with PC games that has Steamworks so it is worthless after you activated via Steam.

Naw don't have it around here, and even if there is one, I wouldn't trust them. I have already reached my decision that I'm taking it into Sony.

Back