U.S trip 2015

Yeah, pretty much anything last minute is going to cost you an arm and a leg. If you look in advance, that's your best bet. You can always find really good deals in advance most of the time. :D
That's gonna be too easy for me.

If you buy your NEC tickets 14+ days in advance you can get good deals. I can go from WIL to BOS for $59 each way. Even the non-discounted price is under $100 if bought in advance.
Last minute tickets will generally be high.

Sent from my iPhone using AllDeaf

My Amtrak line(s), the Saluki and Illini are very reasonable-- if I order tickets up to 3 months early, they'll be $35-$37, but 2 months early, they're about $40-$44, but 30 days early they're about $51-$55, and after that, it gets a lot higher. For a Greyhound bus a month early, the tickets are way too expensive-- $80 round-trip, and quite frankly, I prefer the 3.5 hour trip on the Amtrak than 5-6 hours on the Greyhound. And it's cheaper.

I saw a potential price of the flight to lax from feb 27th until March 27th, 2015 for $1,600....*ponders*

Sent from my iPhone using AllDeaf

now you know better not to explore NYC in winter.

plus - not much activities/festivals/etc. going on during that time either unless you wanna come to skiing with us to upstate NY :lol:

I agree. Winter can be brutal. I had to go to work because NYC never closes during brutal winter time. Sometimes I had to stay home due to being snowed in. I hate the winter part the most. :shock:

The tentative dates would be 9th March to 9th April 2015, I can't do earlier due to my brother's wedding and I can go few days after the wedding so the dates I have stated is looking good for me. Nothing is set in stone yet though, I also have done some research and boy, it is gonna be an easy one for me this time due to experience travelling in the USA and my dear friends! :thumb:

My draft planning:

9th March - Fly to LAX from SYD.

Arrive same day (USA Time) in LAX, transfer flight to IND (Indianapolis Int'l airport) stay there three nights and then fly out to Washington D.C. on the 12th March 2015 stay at a family friend's residence for one week (7 nights).

Travel to NYC by bus or train (yet to confirm) from 19th March and stay with a friend there until 5th April 2015, while I am in NYC, may as well travel to Boston for few days while I am staying in NYC during this period of time.

5th April fly to San Francisco stay there for three nights before catching the bus back to Los Angeles where I'll be staying overnight before jetting back home to Sydney, Australia

However, this is just the beginning of a draft planning - if you feel the urge to object, please object and throw in a suggestion or two. All objections or ideas are welcome! :cool2:

The tentative dates would be 9th March to 9th April 2015, I can't do earlier due to my brother's wedding and I can go few days after the wedding so the dates I have stated is looking good for me. Nothing is set in stone yet though, I also have done some research and boy, it is gonna be an easy one for me this time due to experience travelling in the USA and my dear friends! :thumb:

My draft planning:

9th March - Fly to LAX from SYD.

Arrive same day (USA Time) in LAX, transfer flight to IND (Indianapolis Int'l airport) stay there three nights and then fly out to Washington D.C. on the 12th March 2015 stay at a family friend's residence for one week (7 nights).

Travel to NYC by bus or train (yet to confirm) from 19th March and stay with a friend there until 5th April 2015, while I am in NYC, may as well travel to Boston for few days while I am staying in NYC during this period of time.

5th April fly to San Francisco stay there for three nights before catching the bus back to Los Angeles where I'll be staying overnight before jetting back home to Sydney, Australia

However, this is just the beginning of a draft planning - if you feel the urge to object, please object and throw in a suggestion or two. All objections or ideas are welcome! :cool2:
This is just a rough plan. It may possible change over time depending on the time and money. I may consider adding Canada to the trip.

Oh soon, very soon. Yes, I am coming closer....

The dates are looking good. It will be 7th May to 4th June 2015. :cool2:

OK, this is my final draft plan, once the airline ticket has been purchased (most likely in two weeks time!) these dates will be automatically be final

My dates of my trip will be 7th May - 4th June 2015

1. Arrive LAX, transfer flight to PDX, which is Portland, Oregon/Vancouver, Washington. Staying there from 7th May until 11th May 2015.

2. Leave PDX on 11 May 2015 for Washington D.C. where I will be staying at a family friend's for one week, from 11th May until 18th May 2015.

3. Leaving Washington D.C. by Amtrak or bus (TBC) for NYC, which I will be staying with friends for 10 days, from 18th May until 27th May 2015.

4. During my stay in NYC - I will be travelling to Boston, MA for few days with Jiro and Gangis. Also Officall AD Meet II will be occurring on a weekend, I have the date, but it will be announced very soon. :cool2:

5. Leaving NYC Airport (TBC) for Indianapolis - a promise to be fulfilled 6 years late, to a close friend of mine, exploring around - staying from 27th May until 31st May 2015.

6. Leaving IND for Austin, TX which I would be staying for two nights, before I head down to San Antino for the last two nights (TX stay from 31st May until 4th June)

7. On 4th June, leaving for LAX from SAT, transferring to International flight for Sydney.

A month long vacation is overdue! Here I come.

Attn Mods: Can you please update this plan once it is final when I confirm with the airline ticket to the OP. Thanks :)

Last edited:
May 7th to June 4th - unfortunately, I may not come to AD event because of internship.

March to April is better for me.

May 7th to June 4th - unfortunately, I may not come to AD event because of internship.

March to April is better for me.
The AD meet date will be confirmed soon, but it will be on a weekend, which gives you a chance to fly up for few nights? Doesn't hurt, buddy.

EDIT: Also, would you be in D.C. during the time I am in town?

The AD meet date will be confirmed soon, but it will be on a weekend, which gives you a chance to fly up for few nights? Doesn't hurt, buddy.

EDIT: Also, would you be in D.C. during the time I am in town?

I will be in DC during Gallaudet time - Jan (after MLK birthday) until first week of May and August (4th week) until mid-week of December. I may have internship in summer and not sure about whereabouts and I will definitely in southern state during Christmas break.

It is depending on my budget and some of my friends want to do cross-country road trip, also others want go to Disney World.

Weekend = no issue but unsure about budget.

I will be in DC during Gallaudet time - Jan (after MLK birthday) until first week of May and August (4th week) until mid-week of December. I may have internship in summer and not sure about whereabouts and I will definitely in southern state during Christmas break.

It is depending on my budget and some of my friends want to do cross-country road trip, also others want go to Disney World.

Weekend = no issue but unsure about budget.
Well, you are now aware of the details, so you got the time to save up, if you want to meet JClarke! Don't forget mate, it's a rare opportunity.

Done... let me know if that works for you. :)

Attn Mods: Can you please update this plan once it is final when I confirm with the airline ticket to the OP. Thanks :)

Not yet, Calvin.....before you think I have confirmed it... not yet though, unfortunately.

This has been delayed a little bit due to the prices has hiked up, argh, just wanted to hold back to see if the prices has fallen down a little so gotta wait a little longer though but still will still go :)

Alright, ladies and gents! I have some good news!

I have booked the flight ticket to USA today - which means, it's confirmed that I will be flying over to the United States!

Calvin, there may be a reshuffle to the plan, but it is final, you can put it in the OP but I will contact you if there is any changes in the future. :thumb:

Alright, ladies and gents! I have some good news!

I have booked the flight ticket to USA today - which means, it's confirmed that I will be flying over to the United States!

Calvin, there may be a reshuffle to the plan, but it is final, you can put it in the OP but I will contact you if there is any changes in the future. :thumb:

Well I hope that you'd fly you'd get a bit tired if you tried to swim ;)

Back