Tropical storm Irene approaches

The first day after the hurricane, we feasted. Everyone grilled together their hamburgers, steaks, chicken, etc., before it spoiled. The later days were warm drinks and sandwiches until the bread ran out. :lol:

We did that also.. :)

The first day after the hurricane, we feasted. Everyone grilled together their hamburgers, steaks, chicken, etc., before it spoiled. The later days were warm drinks and sandwiches until the bread ran out. :lol:

What a great idea...:hmm:

My husband is listening to one of the Outer Banks radio stations on his computer. They are having a call-in program right now. I mentioned above that the whole sound was drained of water due to the hurricane winds.

Right now the sound is re-filling with water. Someone called in from Colington Harbor and said that the sound has filled with 7 feet of water in just 15 minutes, and all sorts of things are floating by - Jacuzzis, siding, trash bins, all sorts of stuff.

What a MESS that is going to be!

My husband is listening to one of the Outer Banks radio stations on his computer. They are having a call-in program right now. I mentioned above that the whole sound was drained of water due to the hurricane winds.

Right now the sound is re-filling with water. Someone called in from Colington Harbor and said that the sound has filled with 7 feet of water in just 15 minutes, and all sorts of things are floating by - Jacuzzis, siding, trash bins, all sorts of stuff.

Wow!

Oh wow!!!!

Golly.

Irene To Remain Hurricane; Death Toll Rises To 8

POSTED: Saturday, August 27, 2011
UPDATED: 7:14 pm EDT August 27, 2011

EmailPrint(CNN) -- Hurricane Irene is forecast to remain a hurricane as it moves near or over the mid-Atlantic coast and nears New England, the National Hurricane Center said Saturday.

Irene is expected to weaken after landfall in New England and become a post-tropical cyclone Sunday night or early Monday, the center said in its latest advisory.

Two additional people have died in car accidents as a result of Irene, emergency officials in North Carolina said Saturday, bringing the total death toll from the storm to eight.

Irene barged up the East Coast on Saturday, an uninvited guest that knocked power out to more than a million homes and businesses, forced a million people from their homes in New Jersey alone.

Irene To Remain Hurricane; Death Toll Rises To 8 - Jacksonville News Story - WJXT Jacksonville

Current wind speeds

map_spectrop09_ltst_6nh_enus_600x405.jpg

It is heavily rain and very windy in here, ugh.

so far so good although water is creeping in my basement now. Just saw on the radar that an extremely strong band of wind and rain is soon here. Maybe in an hour, we wont be in good shape. Wait and see....

8 storm deaths been reported :( Im telling ya, trees kill people all the time.

The storm had claimed at least eight lives by Saturday afternoon. Five people died in North Carolina, according to police and emergency officials, including two who died in separate accidents when trees fell on their cars. A child died in Goldsboro when the car he was riding in was struck at an intersection where the traffic lights had failed because of the storm, and another driver died in Pitt County after losing control in standing water and hitting a tree.

Two died because of falling trees in Virginia, and a surfer died in New Smyrna Beach, Florida, according to police and emergency officials.

8 storm deaths been reported :( Im telling ya, trees kill people all the time.

The storm had claimed at least eight lives by Saturday afternoon. Five people died in North Carolina, according to police and emergency officials, including two who died in separate accidents when trees fell on their cars. A child died in Goldsboro when the car he was riding in was struck at an intersection where the traffic lights had failed because of the storm, and another driver died in Pitt County after losing control in standing water and hitting a tree.

Two died because of falling trees in Virginia, and a surfer died in New Smyrna Beach, Florida, according to police and emergency officials.

That is why my city closed all the parked until Tuesday ,they do not want anyone getting killed by a falling tree or branch. I see people parking their cars under trees at my condo, not a smart idea!

just got home from Hurricane Riding. My friend and I rode into NYC to explore around for a couple hours and then came back home. My hearing friend told me that right out of Lincoln Tunnel into NJ, the cop was behind us and he said via loudspeaker - "Really guys???? Go home studs!"

It was pouring like mad. And yes I've got it all in video... but I don't know how it'll come out. I have to upload it to my computer first and then view it. It'll take a while since video will be very large.

I told my friend - since this is our first hurricane of the year.... let's ride in every hurricane this year :)

Back