Tropical storm Irene approaches

Oops, so that's what it was....I didn't think of a typo at the time and I normally do! :P

LOL. That is strange for a typo, but I was talking to someone at the same time I was typing. It's lucky I didn't make more mistakes than that!:giggle:

LOL. That is strange for a typo, but I was talking to someone at the same time I was typing. It's lucky I didn't make more mistakes than that!:giggle:

I'm glad I don't have much of an influence on your typing! :giggle:

That is why my city closed all the parked until Tuesday ,they do not want anyone getting killed by a falling tree or branch. I see people parking their cars under trees at my condo, not a smart idea!

You mean parks? :lol: Where you from? I remmy you told me or no.

11 yr old boy died b/c of a falling tree landed in his apartment in VA. The tree was huge. An older man died b/c tree branch hit him while he was feeding his livestock.:shock:

I think there should be tree law or something. Stop the madness.

nine deaths comfirmed and Hurricane Irene is not over. :(

I think there should be tree law or something. Stop the madness.
What kind of tree law? Our town has a tree law. We can't cut down large trees without town permission. They refused to give us permission to cut down one of our most dangerous trees, even after we appealed. :(

What kind of tree law? Our town has a tree law. We can't cut down large trees without town permission. They refused to give us permission to cut down one of our most dangerous trees, even after we appealed. :(
:wave: Reba! Is this tree still standing?

I got 10 gallons of home brew. I'm good. This storm is weak. Hah.

Actually, looking at the doppler, it seems like DC has been pretty much unscathed, other than for some moderate rain and winds. We'll see what the next few hours bring.

Wishing the rest of you a nice mellow hurricane.

I got 10 gallons of home brew. I'm good. This storm is weak. Hah.

Actually, looking at the doppler, it seems like DC has been pretty much unscathed, other than for some moderate rain and winds. We'll see what the next few hours bring.

Wishing the rest of you a nice mellow hurricane.

Hurricane and beer! Sounds like a party to me!:lol:

Im sorry to hear that.

Trees that needs to be cut to keep people safe like at apartments,town houses, fire stations,police stations,restaurants,etc... I read a story how a woman my age was crushed to death during the storm driving her vehicle on road in my state couple of months ago. You should've see the vehicle. :shock:

DAMMMMN!!!! looks like it is a possible that a part of our roof blew off...water is coming through the ceiling in our master bathroom.

We dont have hurricane home insurance so does that mean no insurance coverage?

:wave: Reba! Is this tree still standing?
Yes. Every time we have some wind, it drops more limbs. It's a huge pine tree on one side of our house. There's another, even larger pine tree on the other side of our house that's also dangerous but it belongs to our neighbor. It will cost about $1,000 to remove, so I doubt that they would even if it was approved.

We even have to get permission to cut down damaged or dead trees.

difference between pouring and pelting rain. The pelting rains arent there yet. They hurt.

it was pouring - jungle style. that's why we got the dodge outta there before something happens like cops putting up road blocks or whatever.

now wind's picking up.... 28 mph now. looks like shit's gonna get real soon... :Ohno:

DAMMMMN!!!! looks like it is a possible that a part of our roof blew off...water is coming through the ceiling in our master bathroom.

Oh, no! I hope the damage won't be as bad as it appears.

It's not usually "hurricane" insurance but determined by the kind of damage, such as wind, rain, flood, falling tree, etc. It depends on the wording and coverage of your specific policy.

uh-oh.....

you can just write it off as rain damage from different time... I think....

Ugh...I want to go outside and inspect it but winds are 60 Mph now. too dangerous out. :(

OMG! I hope that isn't the case!

holy shit! 2 lighting strikes close to us. Now I see power outage down the street and everything's completely dark except my condo. I think I saw a huge tree on the ground. I just started filling up bathtub. :Ohno:

Ugh...I want to go outside and inspect it but winds are 60 Mph now. too dangerous out. :(
No, don't go outside now. Just try to reduce the damage inside by moving things out of the way, or covering them with plastic. Don't turn on anything electric in the wet room. Don't let children or pets in there.

correction - oops. It was a transformer that blew up. That explains 2 lightning-like flashes. I see a huge tree on the ground. The cop's there, shining his spotlight on it. whew good thing that didn't affect my condo's power because ours is underground but it's gotta suck for people living in that area. The power won't be back till couple days later, I'm sure.

Winds are getting tooo brutal. Going to the basement because my neighbor's two trees are tilting towards my house. I am afraid that they will topple over. This is becoming a little frightening right now. When it is over, I will come back. Stay safe!

Back