Trojan Horse Viruses

Jolie77

Premium Member
Reaction score
Ok, Here's a situation I have with my pc. AVG (the antivirus program) detected that I have 2 Trojans and AVG was unable to heal and/or remove it.

The question is, How do I get rid of it?

Also, Just out of curiosity, Is there any other free anti-virus programs that you know of could be recommended other than AVG?

I heard that the trojan virus able to break in the old version of AntiVirus software, and "born" the virus through the old version of AntiVirus. It happened to me twice, all I did was to save all pictures, info, etc. on the flash drive, and restore my PC. Reason I did that, because I tried several antivirus programs, and they are not able to remove the trojan virus. :pissed:

YOU can kiss your hard drive good bye.

How about suggesting throwing away the infected computer and buying a new one? :)

Seriously, if AVG cannot heal and/or remove the virus, then you will have to remove it manually. It should tell you what file is infected and where the file it located.

How about suggesting throwing away the infected computer and buying a new one? :)

Seriously, if AVG cannot heal and/or remove the virus, then you will have to remove it manually. It should tell you what file is infected and where the file it located.

It does tells me what file is infected and where it is located. The problem is, I do not want to remove it manually. I have done that on my old pc few years ago and it took me all night to get it removed. It was a pain in the neck.

I was hoping that I would not have to face this again by removing it manually. That is why I'm asking if there is any other easier way to get it removed? If not, *groans* the manual removal will have to wait until it's on my day off from work.

Yeah, removing files manually can be a hassle, especially if they keep reappearing.

How about trying a different antivirus or an online scanner? Even commercial virus programs offer a xxx trial period, which should be enough time for you to remove the trojan.

No need to kiss it... After the trouble it has caused, I'd be more than happy to smash it against the concrete wall..:)

:rofl: Naw, let me bring my 4WD and have the computer well run over and it would be smashed in pieces in no time! :lol:

Ok, Here's a situation I have with my pc. AVG (the antivirus program) detected that I have 2 Trojans and AVG was unable to heal and/or remove it.

The question is, How do I get rid of it?

Also, Just out of curiosity, Is there any other free anti-virus programs that you know of could be recommended other than AVG?
I tell you, very impossble to remove trojans from your programs or files on harddrive. Because I had experinced it for long times ago.

Unforunately, I tell you, must be refoamett(sp) your harddrive with new OS to terminate trojans off. ( i did success it). I suggest you save your personall like photos and others on CDRW (burn) before refoamet(sp) harddrive. don't transfer them to other harddrive as back up. So You can reuse harddrive, you save your money to not buy new harddrive..

Reformatting is a last resort, which I would only consider if the OS is unusable. So, if Windows is working ok, then why reformat? :)

Another advice I can suggest, is that you should Google the name of the virus, so you can find helpful advice from others who were infected. Good luck :)

Have you tried rebooting your computer in safe mode?

Sometimes, virus and spyware can't be deleted because they're currently running.

In safe mode, only the OS is working and nothing else. So, when those virus and spywares aren't running... they can be deleted.

When you reboot, press F8 repeatedly until you get the option of selecting what start-up you want. What you want is "Boot Windows in safe mode."

When Windows starts in safe mode, the colors may be distorted. Don't worry, that's because the high-graphic feature has also been disabled. Now, try running your anti-virus program.

Let us know if that works. :)

I tell you, very impossble to remove trojans from your programs or files on harddrive. Because I had experinced it for long times ago.

Unforunately, I tell you, must be refoamett(sp) your harddrive with new OS to terminate trojans off. ( i did success it). I suggest you save your personall like photos and others on CDRW (burn) before refoamet(sp) harddrive. don't transfer them to other harddrive as back up. So You can reuse harddrive, you save your money to not buy new harddrive..

Yup, same here.

Jolie, You need back up your file (any files that's important to you but don't back up on infected files) into external HDD or other storage before start reformat the HDD then install new fresh OS via recovery disk.

I had been done with my old PC.

Next time, be careful when you browse on website, don't left windows security off if you are concern with trojan viruses.

I'd agree that if the virus is irrepairable, that the last resort is to reformat it. I'd check and see if there is a way to kill it. If it unsuccessful, be sure to save pic and important files for back up. It's going to be one long headache job. Lets hope the trojan get removed.

Back