Trojan Horse Viruses

*cough*
I having bad allergic virus-trojan horse.

Glad my computer is saved ton of anti-virus and spyware and much more..
Don't ask me why I'm obsessed many anti virus on my program.. :)

*cough*
I having bad allergic virus-trojan horse.

Glad my computer is saved ton of anti-virus and spyware and much more..
Don't ask me why I'm obsessed many anti virus on my program.. :)

Whoa -- is the trojan still swarming around?

No.. Not yet.. :fingersx:
Reason I kept eye on anti-virus and spyware everything checking every 1 inch moves... in case!

If it moves an inch -- Let Omegaman know, he'd be happy to chuck the PC for you and smash it for free ;)

Thanks, Everyone. You all have been a BIG help. I'll see what I can do about it and hopefully I'll be able to get it removed. I just hope that I don't get to the point where it needs to be removed manually or when reformatting is necessary. If it comes to the point, Eh - Well, I guess that leaves me no choice but to reformat it.

If anyone else has any more suggestions, Please feel free to share it with us.

No response from her, meaning her computer is already crashed. :confused:

My computer still hasn't crashed yet and I haven't had the chance to work on it because I've been working 10+ hours a day lately this week. Hopefully, I'll have the time to do it this weekend. I looked at your link that you provided - it seems to be valid and I'll try different options that are also posted in this thread as well.

I am sorry that you force to deal with this problem. Try VamPyroX's suggestion first to see what happens. If no luck, then reformat is your last resort. Good Luck!

I have been thinking about buying Intego software that contains NetBarrier, VirusBarrier, and Personal Anti-Spam. I am not sure if the Intego software is compatible with your IBM PC. (Intego: Leading Internet Security and Privacy Software)

My non-Intel Apple never get infections. But, I think that I should purchase anti-virus for my computer because my friends have IBM PC, and I didn't want something that I have that could harm my friend's computer. Is it necessary for me to buy the anti-virus for my Apple computer? What about malwares? Is the malware part of a virus?

If it moves an inch -- Let Omegaman know, he'd be happy to chuck the PC for you and smash it for free ;)

Yes, it can be smashed for free..:) And then you can watch Jclarke run over it with his 4x4 - and you may even get to see him do some spectacular stunts, such as using the PC as a ramp to drive on two wheels..:)

Yes, it can be smashed for free..:) And then you can watch Jclarke run over it with his 4x4 - and you may even get to see him do some spectacular stunts, such as using the PC as a ramp to drive on two wheels..:)

:rofl: Yeah, true! But on a unfortunate charge, you will need to post the PC to Australia. :o

:rofl: Yeah, true! But on a unfortunate charge, you will need to post the PC to Australia. :o

These actors under your username on the left side, they graduated from Rochester Institute of Technology, New York. They took some video classes there. I forgot their names. I have had seen their two movies, and they were pretty good movie.

Scratching my head, I am not sure if the PC already infected your Australia computer before you know it. Ugh.

These actors under your username on the left side, they graduated from Rochester Institute of Technology, New York. They took some video classes there. I forgot their names. I have had seen their two movies, and they were pretty good movie.

Scratching my head, I am not sure if the PC already infected your Australia computer before you know it. Ugh.

Uh - oh...

;)

Your computer still keep beeps and beeps all day in your office. Your bosses are starting to annoy it. If you have a Mac, then it's a peaceful. That's what I heard.

I thik the bosses never gets annoyed becuase there is over 1,000 computers in my department!!! :eek:

Your computer still keep beeps and beeps all day in your office. Your bosses are starting to annoy it. If you have a Mac, then it's a peaceful. That's what I heard.

Mac does have CPU whine or beep too, no one are perfect.

Very fortunately, we have hearing loss that no concern about the stupid noises. ;)

Well, it can be symptom of hardware failure (such as logic board) from CPU whine, if it does then you would end up to send over hundreds of bucks to replace the hardware at Repair Center or buy new Mac.

Apple Care (3 years) for PPC would be end in 2008 (if purchased in 2005) or 2009 (if purchased in 2006) then PPC would going be historic like 68k.

It's rare issue about CPU whine or beep.

LOL, Dont need to smash CPU. It's just the hard drive issue. I did have trojan horse issue before and I simply reformatted it and ran hard drive scrubber and left it running all night while I'm gone to work. The next day, It's done and I re-install OS and bingo it's clean and fast. I did use Zonealarm Internet Security suite and did catch another Trojans before it infected my system.

Best advice to anyone... BACK UP UR HARD DRIVE!! once a month!! OR use ur flash drive or burn file to CDrom that you don't want ur precious file sitting in hard drive. It SURE saved my day when virus attacked my laptop or desktop.

Catty

Thanks
Catty

I tell you, very impossble to remove trojans from your programs or files on harddrive. Because I had experinced it for long times ago.

Unforunately, I tell you, must be refoamett(sp) your harddrive with new OS to terminate trojans off. ( i did success it). I suggest you save your personall like photos and others on CDRW (burn) before refoamet(sp) harddrive. don't transfer them to other harddrive as back up. So You can reuse harddrive, you save your money to not buy new harddrive..

Thankyou XBGMER!!! Reformatting hard drive is divine! Use hdd scrubber to scrub hdd before re-using it. It "zeros" the hdd platters that takes all night or whatever the size of hdd. It make hdd new again LOL.

I understand that you advise against backing up hdd. Unless you backup monthly or weekly whichever you prefer before virus hit. If virus hit. Your loss will be miniminal. Be sure backup Email accout, addy book, Photo, video, Tax Return files, any files that you DON'T want to lose.

Catty

Well, it can be symptom of hardware failure (such as logic board) from CPU whine, if it does then you would end up to send over hundreds of bucks to replace the hardware at Repair Center or buy new Mac.

Apple Care (3 years) for PPC would be end in 2008 (if purchased in 2005) or 2009 (if purchased in 2006) then PPC would going be historic like 68k.

It's rare issue about CPU whine or beep.

Or install L..:rockon: I..:rockon: N..:rockon: U..:rockon: X..:dj: :giggle::giggle: and reconfigure it to be like a MAC like desktop. (add Kiba bar LOL):giggle:

Linux are immune to Trojan Horse virus like Apple. Sorry Windoz user!! My Ubuntu Box been running great since last summer. My daughter can use Bebo.com and any othter teenager's website without worry about virus. She love Linux better than Windoz and have plenty of desktop animation to show off her friends.

I am fully aware that Linux isn't ready for desktop BUT it's decoration and animation are soo nice. It puts Windoz Vista to shame (probably the biggest shame that Vista demands too much processing, memory, graphic power to just to run Areoglass and window shuffle which blows a hole on wallet. Linux don't need that much tho).

CAtty

Back