Transexual ??

Sydlie, one more thing, do you have a pic of that person before and after she became transexual?

I remember, I read the people or life magazine all back in year of 1970’s. Dr. Renee’ Richards who is playing the tennis. She is an Ophthalmologist doctor in New York. She wrote a book about her life. It was fascinated to know why she is unhappy herself when she was a male. She wore her Mom and Sister dresses when she was a little boy. Richards was a professional tennis player with a secret-a woman in a man's body. Story of how Richard became Renee, the struggles that ensued, the triumphs that eventually came her way.

She fought in the court for right to play tennis as a woman and won the right of all transsexuals to be fully legally recognized after surgery Transitioned in early ‘70s outed at Womens’ Tennis Tournament in ‘76 and won the right of all transsexuals to be fully legally recognized after surgery.

http://www.transhistory.org/history/TH_Renee_Richards.html

There are more people who are transsexuals. I do not see anyone from female to male?? High percent are from males to females.

http://www.transhistory.org/history/index.html :eek:

Last edited:
There was a guy who came to RIT to give a lecture on sex change operations. He used to be a she. He explained medicine that gave him hair on his chest and how he is not infertile since his penis is not his own meaning, he doesn't have to wear condoms when having sex cuz he won't get the woman pregnant. It was a very interesting lecture.

I have seen a lot of transexual in CA and in TX so I enjoy seeing them and meeting them but but for myself I prefer to stay normal and be myself :)

Originally posted by LezArtist
I have seen a lot of transexual in CA and in TX so I enjoy seeing them and meeting them but but for myself I prefer to stay normal and be myself :)

Normal? Be careful of that word. To some people, being lesbian is not normal. To some people, being Deaf is not normal. So, to these people, it is normal to them to be transsexual. I think that the word "normal" is the most overused word in this world. Everyone has a different idea what "normal" means. I always tell people that "so-called normal people" scares me.

Hey guy & gurl!!!! Do you think is transexual is Gay issus ?? or shoud be man with woman ??? or should be same sex???

Last edited:
Originally posted by pimpdaddyposse
Sydlie, one more thing, do you have a pic of that person before and after she became transexual?
Unfortunately, i don't. Sorry!

Here I'm FTM (Female to Male).

Hey everyone, Seem mostly of ya never met person who is Female to Male. I'm deaf and recent turn 19 yrs old last oct. I've been on T-shot since April 2003. My voice already changed to really deep voice ... also, just start my beard to grow recent ... very blonde but hard to see. I didnt have chest surgery yet but will ... maybe this summer or soon. I just need a damn job. lol.

- Xandie

We are family! There is lot of MTF and I been seen few FTM before but I am curouis how people reacts about Transexually and gay issues. You are welcome to post anything.

My gf says I should be Drag King! Haha! Yes, I look like Brandon! :)

Last edited:
interesting thread here. I think the term TS has gotten a little overused and we have too many folks jumping on the TS bandwagon. I do think there are some true TS...there are people with sex chromosome differences who ID strongly as TS
but, on the other hand I do think that a lot of TS are buying into strict gender roles...(eg if you're a man you can't cry or have feelings) and get sucked into the trap of thinking that they HAVE to change their sex in order to be that way.
The SRS (sex reassignment surgery) is essentially plastic surgery. It doesn't change your sex chromosomes at all. An XY (male) who has surgery to create a vagina is still going to be genetially male. An XX who has surgery to create a penis is still going to be genetically female.
It doesn't matter what equipment you're born with...my sister was born without a uterus and vagina, yet she's still genetically a female!

Yes DeafDyke, that is true.... I seen on TV and some of kids have this grown up from their experience with their sex organs. How about their feeling toward about their sex when they are grow-up??

You know what, I've never even seen or known anyone who is transexual, except my dad works with a fellow or used to work with a fellow who was born a girl and then became a guy. Only time I've ever seen a transsexual is in the movies and on TV.

You seen some of them on TV, not yet seen in Real Life. Others seen in Real Life and TV, too. :D

I've seen heaps of transsexuals -- male to female and female to male -- where else...in Los Angele's. More specifically, West Hollywood. ;) I thought it was farout seeing how they transformed from one gender to the other! :shock:

I've heard about them, but I've actually seen a woman who looked so much like a woman apart from the fact she had an Adam's apple... but that was a tiny difference, I had to be told she was actually a man before her sex-change operation.

Yes, I seen that, too. My female friend is dyke and had adam's apple... strange?? It is come from birth or what deafdyke talk about.... It is possible for the babies when they are born. If you seen that person and be sure to ask. :D

Last edited:
Yeah, I have done some reading on this. A lot of the TS say that they wonder how much of it is nature and how much of it is nurture. They say things like "I wonder if gender roles weren't so strict, if gender roles were more flexiable if I would even WANT to have SRS done." I know many people who wish sometimes that they could switch sexes just like that.
One wonders if a lot of TS people grew up in households where there were very strict gender roles.

I was reading an article about intersex people. From what I understand, quite a lot of TS, were born intersex.(they have ambigous genitiallia and docs can't tell right off the bat if they are male or female) However, when intersex people are born, the parents usually choose what gender they want their kid to be. Transexualim happens when the child strongly identifies as the sex that the parent DIDN'T choose!!!! There is a controversy in the whole intersex community and a lot of intersex people say that the parents shouldn't choose the child's gender but the child themself should choose which sex they want to be. That really sounds familiar doesn't it?

(Intersex) mind control into womb ?? They wish it could be female or male and mind control it?? It sound strange because lot of ppl wish and accept who they are. Sorry to ask this. Interesting to hear about this. I see many ppl use their common sense about their sex-gender. Cool.

Back